Preview 2024 AFL Draft General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

10 x the player? Talk about exaggeration. Moraes is still easily in the top 15 of this draft.
Easily?

Off the top of my head, I'd have:
O’Sullivan
Smillie
Lombard
Ashcroft
Jagga
Draper
Lalor
Allan
Langford
Welsh
Reid
Hotton
Whitlocks
Sims
Nicholls
Dodson
Trainor
O'Farrell
Lindsay
Berry
ahead of him, and I'm not sure the likes of Marshall, Kako and Murphy aren't either.

Easily?

O’Sullivan
Smillie
Lombard
Ashcroft
Jagga
Draper
Lalor
Allan
Langford
Welsh
Reid
Hotton
Whitlocks
Sims
Nicholls
Dodson
Trainor
O'Farrell
Lindsay
Berry
ahead of him, and I'm not sure the likes of Marshall, Kako and Murphy aren't either.
What a coincidence, I easily have Moraes above:

Berry
Lindsay
Gross
Langford
Allan
Sims
Dodson
Nicholls

And he's pretty close to the group around Lalor, Welsh, and Reid.

And as you should know, any opinion other than mine is just plainly incorrect. So next time instead of talking in hyperbole just ask me what I think and I'll let you know whats true.

Wow huge call

I certainly dont agree

Prefer the Tall FWD
Both are looking like first round prospects and might depend on what style of player the clubs picking them would prefer.

Matt Whitlock in his 2 games playing forward with Jack really overshadowed him which caught me by surprise. That versatility and higher athleticism will likely see Matt taken first.

Both are looking like first round prospects and might depend on what style of player the clubs picking them would prefer.

Matt Whitlock in his 2 games playing forward with Jack really overshadowed him which caught me by surprise. That versatility and higher athleticism will likely see Matt taken first.
Hope we get to see Jack as a KPF at the champs at some stage then

Matt will got before Jack

I reckon Matt goes before Jack as well. Better movement, overall better skills and more composure. They won’t be far apart though.

Easily?

O’Sullivan
Smillie
Lombard
Ashcroft
Jagga
Draper
Lalor
Allan
Langford
Welsh
Reid
Hotton
Whitlocks
Sims
Nicholls
Dodson
Trainor
O'Farrell
Lindsay
Berry

Obviously subject to change but at this stage I’d have him ahead of Lalor, Allan, Welsh, Reid, Hotton, Sims, Nicholls, Dodson, Lindsay, Berry & Murphy.

I think his form at the champs and in the academy games have seen him drop a bit but you can’t disregard his form in the Coates league over the past 18 months where he has rarey
Played a bad game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

RMC First 2024 AFL Draft Rankings.
Just my opinion but I reckon that would be one of the weaker top 10s I've seen. Feel like there will be some really fantastic picks later in the draft, the overall standard of games seems to be higher than 2023 which was stacked for absolute top end talent but fell away quickly so I'm inclined to think there will be some real bolters and bargain picks.

Love Joe Berry and Evan Bradley for the Blues to fill a need but the top prospects in Smillie, Ashcroft, O'Sullivan, Jagga etc don't get me excited a heap when I watch them. Would prefer Lombard, Draper or Trainor over any of them at this stage.

Just my opinion but I reckon that would be one of the weaker top 10s I've seen. Feel like there will be some really fantastic picks later in the draft, the overall standard of games seems to be higher than 2023 which was stacked for absolute top end talent but fell away quickly so I'm inclined to think there will be some real bolters and bargain picks.

Love Joe Berry and Evan Bradley for the Blues to fill a need but the top prospects in Smillie, Ashcroft, O'Sullivan, Jagga etc don't get me excited a heap when I watch them. Would prefer Lombard, Draper or Trainor over any of them at this stage.
I agree. Pick#1 this year would be pick #4 last year IMO, ahead of Duursma but behind Walter. I think FOS, Ashcroft and Smillie are the top tier, but then throw a blanket over #4-10 depending on need. The talls would want to hit their straps soon too, Trainor for example was abysmal on the weekend albeit in difficult conditions.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview 2024 AFL Draft General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back