No Oppo Supporters 2024 AFL General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Any booing of Aliir is just disgraceful. No matter the context. Gun player. Left for opportunity on good terms. Plays fair. Nothing to boo him about... so why do it? Reaction? Sheep mentality?
Feel free to pop around and tell them so next time you are at the game...

Just don't participate. After Goodes I learnt that booing is a highly destructive act and will not do it no matter what.

I think it's a massive stretch to equate the two. Do you not boo the umpires either then? What about when a player is lining up for a shot?

Oh, missed that. Lol
I missed it originally in 2012 when I took the picture of the Daily Telegraph. Only realised today that the writer/editor had absolutely no idea. I'd like to think this wouldn't happen now given how far the Swans have come. 29,873 membership back then and we have over 70k now. Amazing really.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There should be an AFLW game on the Friday after the parade between the two GF teams.
Which of them gives up a home game for the sake of a Melbourne population that doesn't attend AFLW games in the same numbers that Sydney fans do (at least, Swans fans).

Our AFLW team is actually playing in Melbourne on Friday night - at Whitten Oval. I believe it's against the Dogs.

Which of them gives up a home game for the sake of a Melbourne population that doesn't attend AFLW games in the same numbers that Sydney fans do (at least, Swans fans).

Our AFLW team is actually playing in Melbourne on Friday night - at Whitten Oval. I believe it's against the Dogs.

They could toss a coin? Whoever is lower on the mens ladder, loses the home game. I dunno.

Two non Victorian teams playing in the GF isn't a regular occurence, so I am sure they could work it out.

Our AFLW team playing on Friday night is a nice coincidence and if a lot of swans fans do go along, it would only prove my point that a scheduled game between the two GF teams would be very popular.

You've got all these travelling fans, all in the CBD looking for something to do. Why not have an AFLW game featuring the two teams?

There should be an AFLW game on the Friday after the parade between the two GF teams.
Hard to organise with a week's notice lol. Also if they've already played.

They could toss a coin? Whoever is lower on the mens ladder, loses the home game. I dunno.

Two non Victorian teams playing in the GF isn't a regular occurence, so I am sure they could work it out.

Our AFLW team playing on Friday night is a nice coincidence and if a lot of swans fans do go along, it would only prove my point that a scheduled game between the two GF teams would be very popular.

You've got all these travelling fans, all in the CBD looking for something to do. Why not have an AFLW game featuring the two teams?
Why not? Not sure the women love the idea of their code being made an effective sideshow to the men's. They're their own professional comp.

I'll be going along to Whitten Oval regardless of who we're playing. Much happier that we're playing the Bulldogs, against whom we'll be competitive at least, than seeing us blasted away by the powerful Brisbane.

It would be completely impractical to hold the AFLW fixture hostage to the vagaries of the AFLM finals series, and reschedule a game at late notice. It was bad enough that they moved a game already scheduled in Melbourne to the MCG when the Dogs played their EF. The AFLW is a competition in its' own right and it doesn't deserved to be mucked around with.

I'll be going along to Whitten Oval regardless of who we're playing. Much happier that we're playing the Bulldogs, against whom we'll be competitive at least, than seeing us blasted away by the powerful Brisbane.

It would be completely impractical to hold the AFLW fixture hostage to the vagaries of the AFLM finals series, and reschedule a game at late notice. It was bad enough that they moved a game already scheduled in Melbourne to the MCG when the Dogs played their EF. The AFLW is a competition in its' own right and it doesn't deserved to be mucked around with.

I dunno how scheduling a game that would be hugely popular and probably the biggest crowd of the year would be mucking around with the AFLW.

Wouldn't be that hard to organise if it was always known that is what happens on the Friday before the GF.

If they had to play a second time, who cares?!
Not sure what you mean. The Lions only found out their men's team was in the gf yesterday. Or should the women's entire round be announced with a week's notice to cater to two clubs?

We played the Hawks at punt road in 22 and it was a sell out. Who cares?

I dunno how scheduling a game that would be hugely popular and probably the biggest crowd of the year would be mucking around with the AFLW.
Why would it be the biggest crowd of the year? We sold out punt road against the Hawks in 22.

Your posts come off as hugely dismissive and condescending of AFLW, not sure if you're aware. They're not there to cater to the whims of the men's comp at the drop of a hat.

The Lions women are playing the Eagles, we just played gws, but our women should have a 5 day break against each other at short notice because you might care more to go along?

They already do the majority of that round in Melbourne to support the idea anyway so just go along and support them against the dogs.

Absolutely this

Why would it be the biggest crowd of the year? We sold out punt road against the Hawks in 22.

Your posts come off as hugely dismissive and condescending of AFLW, not sure if you're aware. They're not there to cater to the whims of the men's comp at the drop of a hat.

The Lions women are playing the Eagles, we just played gws, but our women should have a 5 day break against each other at short notice because you might care more to go along?

They already do the majority of that round in Melbourne to support the idea anyway so just go along and support them against the dogs.

I was aware that I was being dismissive and condescending of the AFLW. Suggesting a way to get a big crowd and great atmosphere to a AFLW game is part of my master plan.

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters 2024 AFL General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back