No Oppo Supporters 2024 AFL General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure what you mean. The Lions only found out their men's team was in the gf yesterday. Or should the women's entire round be announced with a week's notice to cater to two clubs?

We played the Hawks at punt road in 22 and it was a sell out. Who cares?
It was a sell-out but at a ground with a capacity of just 2.8k. I was almost burned that day, just happening to read mid-afternoon that tickets were almost exhausted and managing to get one just in time. Because of that I've just checked the WO capacity and am happy to read it is 10k. So there should be no repeat of that panic.

I'm sure it will get a bigger crowd that it would were the men's team not also in town for a fairly big game, but I'll be surprised if the crowd comes close to what we get at Henson. There were 5.5k there this afternoon, which is fairly typical. Not just a derby-inflated crowd. We won't know what the crowd would be at a fictitious Swans Lions game in Melbourne. I'm happy not to ever find out.

I was aware that I was being dismissive and condescending of the AFLW. Suggesting a way to get a big crowd and great atmosphere to a AFLW game is part of my master plan.

Amazing mate, don't waste all your good stuff here, go straight to the AFL with your CV.

It was a sell-out but at a ground with a capacity of just 2.8k. I was almost burned that day, just happening to read mid-afternoon that tickets were almost exhausted and managing to get one just in time. Because of that I've just checked the WO capacity and am happy to read it is 10k. So there should be no repeat of that panic.

I'm sure it will get a bigger crowd that it would were the men's team not also in town for a fairly big game, but I'll be surprised if the crowd comes close to what we get at Henson. There were 5.5k there this afternoon, which is fairly typical. Not just a derby-inflated crowd. We won't know what the crowd would be at a fictitious Swans Lions game in Melbourne. I'm happy not to ever find out.

Yeah I was pretty flat that I couldn't get in.

Yeah Henson was brilliant today, surprised to hear it was only 5.5k, that hill looked packed (we were sat the other side in the shade as we brought our little one). With the increase in games there I wonder if they'll look to improve facilities to hopefully spur on even bigger crowds.

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters 2024 AFL General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back