Game Day 2024 AFL GF - Swans v Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

This will be my 37th Grand Final that I’ve attended. Kind of helps that I’ve worked at the ‘G for just over 30 years (event staff). Have missed 4 since 1983 (covid and was away on holiday’94&10 replay). It’s not really a money thing for me, I simply love the footy and the big game atmosphere. It’s fun. Pretty sure all staff are rostered on GF day. It’s a massive operation especially behind the scenes. Security is just crazy nowdays. Used to be quite easy getting mates……….oops. Anyway back in the early/mid 80’s it was pretty easy getting standing tickets for finals and GF. It was old school queuing overnight. So that’s what I used to do. A few high school teachers would pay me to queue and buy tickets for them as well. Would get the day off school with no repercussions. The day just flies, it’s really buzzing in there. I really enjoy seeing the excitement and emotion of winning fans, 2016/17 were simply insane. I grew up in the west and was so happy seeing ‘Footscray’ win it. Knew it meant a lot for the area. Oldies were crying hysterically. Used to just give it to my Richmond mates for decades but knew they fully deserved it after 30 years of shitness. They’d done the hardest of hard yards. Sometimes I even get swept up in the crowd atmosphere. I was on the perfect angle on level 4 when Sheed kicked that goal against the Pies. Was saying surely the campaigner won’t get this, 50 metres out on the boundary is simply too hard, too much pressure. Was watching it slowly go in mouth wide open, eyes popping out then joined in the WCE mosh pit when it split the middle. Was surrounded by them. Could not believe it what had just happened.
I want Brisbane to win on Saturday, they’ve been building for this the past 6-7 years. Remember seeing them during their rebuild give us a tough game and was really impressed by a kid called McClugage. I’m putting a $5ver on him to win the Norm Smith and to kick the 1st goal. It a long road to a flag, I’m hoping it will be a similar Brisbane type scenario for us. They are so hard to win, so hard. Sydney ****ing shit me, probably the only team I really despise.

Great read until the last sentence

You forgot *

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2024 AFL GF - Swans v Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back