AFL Grand Final 2024 AFL Grand Final - South Melbourne v Fitzroy 🏆

Remove this Banner Ad

Art Animation GIF by grantkoltoons

Two things:

One: this is precisely the same situation Sydney confronted throughout the first half of the year which saw them become flag contenders. They prefer this position - needing to come from behind - to win games of football.

Two: there's an awful lot of fairly arrogant footballers who will look very silly if they don't turn things around.

Chad Warner, I'm looking at you.

Name another game they came back to win from 7+ goals down from? :p

Two things:

One: this is precisely the same situation Sydney confronted throughout the first half of the year which saw them become flag contenders. They prefer this position - needing to come from behind - to win games of football.

Two: there's an awful lot of fairly arrogant footballers who will look very silly if they don't turn things around.

Chad Warner, I'm looking at you.

Brisbane have a habit of turning off and giving up huge leads. Wouldn't surprise me if they got ahead of themselves for a bit.

It's almost been a blessing they've had to turn on in the last two finals rather than switching off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

swans getting handball/contested plays intercepted/spoilt and Brions cleaning up from the mess and not finding the same level of desperation against their chains of possession.

Every time Sydney get possession they play right into Brisbane's hands.

It's almost like they didn't do nearly enough video preparation for their matchups

Here's the Hippy reference..
Akkers second goal. Same possie on the ground albeit Jason's was far more spectacular.

I agree, well worthy of a 'hmmm...'
Name another game they came back to win from 7+ goals down from? :p
A very scientific 'I dunno'.

I do not think this is all we'll see of Sydney today, and Brisbane have a habit of leaking goals. They let us awfully close when we played some absolute ratshit footy, and they've surrendered massive leads this year.

They also - unlike Sydney - have struggled to play the full 4 terms.

We'll see.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Grand Final 2024 AFL Grand Final - South Melbourne v Fitzroy 🏆

Remove this Banner Ad

Back