AFL Grand Final 2024 AFL Grand Final - South Melbourne v Fitzroy 🏆

Remove this Banner Ad

Well depends how you define relevant.

For me, only last year we were relevant. 2022 didn't even make the 8. Irrelevant. This year fell into the 8 and got absolutely belted in the ef. Irrelevant again.

Lions have finished top 4 every year since 2019 apart from one where they finished 6th but still made a prelim from there...
Lions were also very stiff last year, could easily have been back to back flags….

So what was BT's big announcement?

Was it what had been announced weeks ago (Ron Barrassi medal) and he thought it wasn't public knowledge?

As all finals it comes down to luck and fitness of players play that game in Melbourne with a fit firing list for us and a beaten up list for them we win.The difference isn’t that much but injury’s and form can make seem so
Luck and fitness my ass.
Sydney weren’t unlucky or unfit.
Brisbane are a very good side when it counts.

The better your drilled, the stronger your system, having talent & a strong mix of players the “luckier” u get.

There was no super stars for Bris but a hell of a lot of high performing & talented pieces when it counts!

On paper we look good, but how they won the game just highlighted to me what we are missing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As good as Sydney are they have way too many soft players and rely on their skill once the ball is on the outside. You don’t win a grand final with that style and they’ve been found out in consecutive finals series now.

We have the contested side down but not enough quality users on the outside. We have the harder side of the game to get right figured out and now just need to add players that allow us to execute better. This is exactly why Houston is an important addition. Our mids will lick their lips and get much easier ball with a weapon of a kick like that in the team. Our mids look pedestrian because they know that none of our defenders are going to take on the kick so they position themselves for a stoppage down the wing. I also don’t see why we can’t acquire Houston and still bring in talent in this draft.

We are genuinely just a few smart trades and draft selections away from having a team that can win it all.

Luck and fitness my ass.
Sydney weren’t unlucky or unfit.
Brisbane are a very good side when it counts.

The better your drilled, the stronger your system, having talent & a strong mix of players the “luckier” u get.

There was no super stars for Bris but a hell of a lot of high performing & talented pieces when it counts!

On paper we look good, but how they won the game just highlighted to me what we are missing.
So take out 4 of there best players and there next 5 best first game back after 5 weeks wouldn’t affect the outcome.
Well done captain obvious there a good team with there best players fit and firing at the right time of year

My bet Fagan retires, and Dean Cox to coach Brisbane.

Dean Cox is locked to stay at Sydney and replace Horse when he's done. Turned down an opportunity to go back to West Coast

So take out 4 of there best players and there next 5 best first game back after 5 weeks wouldn’t affect the outcome.
Well done captain obvious there a good team with there best players fit and firing at the right time of year
Your 100% right, just the injuries & unlucky. no changes needed, it’s an outrage we aren’t early flag favorites for next season.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Grand Final 2024 AFL Grand Final - South Melbourne v Fitzroy 🏆

Remove this Banner Ad

Back