AFL 2024 - AFL Opening Round

Remove this Banner Ad

Adams and Parker missing round 1 vs The Dees.

I like Melbourne in even more now.
Same,

SCG is a small ground and having a strong midfield is very important.

Dees look very hungry, even though they had a bad off season, people are forgetting they were pretty unlucky last year and probably should of made the grand final.

I think Dees are the play here. Sydney are only favourites based on potential and home ground advantage not on form or recent history.

Same,

SCG is a small ground and having a strong midfield is very important.

Dees look very hungry, even though they had a bad off season, people are forgetting they were pretty unlucky last year and probably should of made the grand final.

I think Dees are the play here. Sydney are only favourites based on potential and home ground advantage not on form or recent history.
I agree mate.

Everyone is talking up Sydney but I'm not sold on them. They don't have the stocks like the other heavyweights of the competition.

Mate, take Adelaide today. Easy money. Straight win.

I agree mate.

Everyone is talking up Sydney but I'm not sold on them. They don't have the stocks like the other heavyweights of the competition.

Mate, take Adelaide today. Easy money. Straight win.
No value in crows SU, so putting it into a multi

Crows 15+
Sydney FC double chance - win or draw (A-league)
@ 1.80

Sydney FC are undefeated in their last 6 games, should hit.

BOL brother.

So having watched very pre season game (I have no life) here are my thoughts for opening round;

Sydney v Melbourne

Like Melbourne here, they looked very hungry in their pre-season games. Backs against the wall type mentality, disruptive off season, finals losses last year. I think they'll come out firing and win. Not convinced on Sydney yet.

Brisbane V Carlton

Lions, another hungry team having lost the GF last year, looked pretty sharp in their pre season games. Carlton looked pretty average. Will be very very tough imo for the blues to beat the lions at home. Lions should win this

Gold Coast Suns v Richmond

Richmond value here. Suns looked terrible in their pre season games. Might take time for them to get used to hardwick's gameplan. No confidence in either team, think there's value in tigers, as i see this as a 50/50 game

GWS V PIES

No real comments here, 50/50 game can't pick this one

Goalkicker/disposal odds up on 365 for opening round. At first glance not much value there, looks like they've massively overcorrected from some of the odds they were putting up for the preseason games.

Was hoping to get a decent price on Sexton disposals after racking up 31 in his new role off HB vs his career avg of 11 but they were on to that.

Goalkicker/disposal odds up on 365 for opening round. At first glance not much value there, looks like they've massively overcorrected from some of the odds they were putting up for the preseason games.

Was hoping to get a decent price on Sexton disposals after racking up 31 in his new role off HB vs his career avg of 11 but they were on to that.

Sad Season 3 GIF by The Lonely Island

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Going early on this
But I like

Brisbane straight up + Essendon Straight up the following week @ 2.00 for 1u.

Both should win imo

couple of small plays for me for value sake.

jack billings. New team might be out to impress?
kicked 1.1 in the praccy, no kozzi this week. So he might be more forward than wing
1+ $2.10
2+ $7.50
3+ $29 (b365)

wayward hayward
2+ $3.60
3+$10.50 (SB)

shane mcadam? (not sure he will play, but b365 have him listed)
bloke can kick goals, so i guess if he doesnt play i'll just get my bets back
2+ $3
3+ $8.50
4+ $30

jacob koz 2/3/4 at 3.50/10/34 seems pretty good on SB for a full forward vs gold coast
another one to keep an eye on is the young bloke Steely Green if he gets a game. Only played a 1 and a half qtrs against the demons and came on to kick 2. The commentary said he kicked 55 snags in 2022 whoever he was playing for.
2+ $3.75
3+ $12
4+ $45

b365

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL 2024 - AFL Opening Round

Remove this Banner Ad

Back