Preview 2024 AFL Season: Round 24 - Carlton v St.Kilda - Marvel Stadium, Sunday 25th August, 3.20pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My rugby club's colours are maroon and gold and me and a mate of mine at the club had the bright idea of ordering a heap of maroon chambray shirts with our logo to sell at the club but when they came back from the supplier they were f***ing pink.

We tried to pass them off as being light maroon but no one was buying it, literally, some of our other mates at the club bought them out of sympathy for us but hardly anyone else at the club did and we lost a few hundred bucks each on that stupid deal.

I've hated pink ever since.
That's a sad story about pink😥...turn that frown upside down mate see with a colour re-visit.
pink is a happy colour...be happy, not sad😉

Winning tomorrow does nothing for us moving forward. If Carlton make finals then so be it. Even if we win there’s no guarantee they miss anyways.

A round 24 win does nothing for winning culture. Heck Richmond lost their last round in 2016 by over 100pts. They did alright the next year..

I wonder if North fans are happy they won their final game last year which cost them Harley Reid..

You want us to lose to Carlton?

I want us to beat them into submission like we did to Geelong, knock them out of finals and knock the arrogance out of them.

That's worth more than losing a better draft pick.
Rubbish
A nothing game end season won’t count for squat come Rd 1 next year
Get the pick
Solid effort from kids
Everyone happy
This nonsense that it magically builds confidence into next year - bollocks
Come next year , improvement, injuries etc it’s a different game

Winning this would be a disaster now. We can't afford to slip back 2 places. Not only that, need to finish bottom 6 to get the most favourable draw possible.

Tigers, North, and West Coast guaranteed to be easy beats again next year. They are miles off it.

Anybody that thinks the draw doesn't play a major factor need look no further than Geelong. Probably going to finish 2nd on the ladder now. Seriously ordinary football side.
100%

That's a sad story about pink😥...turn that frown upside down mate see with a colour re-visit.
pink is a happy colour...be happy, not sad😉

Yeah I shouldn't turn my back on pink, it was all the rage back in the pastel coloured days of the 1980s when I was in school.

I went to a surfie school when it was surfies v bogans, pink was OK for surfies but bogans wouldn't be seen dead wearing pink.

Bogans were dumb deadshits though that rocked up to the beach wearing denim jeans with a radio blasting Acca Dacca.songs

Nothing wrong with Acca Dacca but there was a lot wrong with them.

Rubbish
Get the pick
Solid effort from kids
Everyone happy

As I have said before a better pick doesn't guarantee a better player.

Some of our top 10 picks have been busts, our 3 best players Sinclair, Wilkie and Marshall weren't even picked in the main draft.

Last edited:
Rubbish
Get the pick
Solid effort from kids
Everyone happy
This loser talk is why we have only one premiership.

Yeah whilst say I'd be giddy at a draw since it gives us a pick and potentially screws the Blues depending on whatever Freo then do later; I'd be livid if anyone at the club threw this match willingly for a draft pick upgrade.

It's not confidence that is the matter, it's culture, and such an action severely dents what we have made and what we will make in that field.

Similarly, I'm pissy that should we then draw/win, we'd have to handball it to Freo of all clubs to not shit the bed under pressure...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lose by a goal, I'll be happy.

Win like last week will take the sugar hit, but will regret it in November

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'm sick of us losing by a goal. Those are exactly the sort of games we need to learn to win.
If we'd won half of the games that we lost by a small margin, we'd be playing finals.
If we're that close we need to win.

I'd rather we get spanked than lose by a goal...again.

I'm sick of us losing by a goal. Those are exactly the sort of games we need to learn to win.
If we'd won half of the games that we lost by a small margin, we'd be playing finals.

Games decided by under 10 points this season.

3 Wins
6 losses

Put 2 of those into the win column and we still would miss finals

Not really concerned with what you are sick of TBH.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

When it mattered early days when everyone was roughly even yeah those close losses hurt.
Now a win not only doesn’t matter but actively hurts our future? Play the kids, give them a taste and get the better draft position.
Winning tomorrow is great for mad Monday vibes but otherwise useless.
Build for the future.
Those early close losses and injuries cost us top 6 this year with everyone being so close imo.

Our players are (hopefully) pragmatic individuals and understand that ultimate success is a marathon, not a sprint. If a “deliberate loss” would have a tangible impact on improving the prospects of a future premiership, then that is the true “win” from the situation, and if they’re incapable of seeing that then I’d question their resilience if they can’t stomach a meaningless “loss” (and likely also their intelligence).

The club will know if Battle is gone. There is a huge difference between picks 5+6 and 7+8 when it comes to this draft, IMO.

Christ, tomorrows game is going to be contentious isn’t it.

I want whatever is gonna get us closest to a flag… potentially 2 FRDP at 5&6 opposed to 7&8… I don’t know, seems like that’s either all the difference in the world or no difference at all.

We shouldn’t tank obviously, but I’m tired of sugar hits, will be happy with a loss. We have done well in the last half of this season anyways, not like we have THAT much to prove. Obviously go for the win but I’d be lying if I said I didn’t want some good draft picks this year to make up for how shite the season has been.

Tassie is coming, and we have a young core to maximise now. At least with either outcome tomorrow there are positives to be had… shall be fascinating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back