2024 AFLCA Coach of the Year

Remove this Banner Ad

Lunchtime

All Australian
Mar 23, 2024
AFL Club
Richmond
Congrats to Chris Fagan. I thought Sam Mitchell should of won it in my opinion. Took the Hawks from 16th (2023) to a semi-final appearance in 2024.

But as always with opinion awards everyone thinks differently.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20240924_173426_X.jpg
    SmartSelect_20240924_173426_X.jpg
    346.1 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

Congrats fages. Well deserved.

One of the worst injury lists in the league this year; off-field issues; scragged by the media; below Adelaide on the ladder at the bye.

Wonderful coaching performance this year. How good.

1727171523282.jpeg

Sam Mitchell lost his Full Back (Blanck) before the season started and our Full Forward (Lewis) missed most of season, both with ACLs and with a 0-5 start everyone had written Hawks off and questioning Mitchell’s direction of the club, then everyone jumping on that the Hawks play an outstanding brand of football by the end of season and win a final,
Got the Hawks from 16th to 6th in one season

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Considering 4x premiership coach, Alistair Clarkson has never won it, I don’t think many think this award has any merit whatsoever.

That said, Fagan has been brilliant this year.
Apparently Chris Scott hasn’t won it either, what a joke that neither have won a Coach of the Year, Cooked like the Brownlow

None of Clarkson’s Assistants have ever won Assistant Coach of the Year either and there are few that have gone on to be Senior Coach

Last edited:
Sam Mitchell lost his Full Back (Blanck) before the season started and our Full Forward (Lewis) missed most of season, both with ACLs and with a 0-5 start everyone had written Hawks off and questioning Mitchell’s direction of the club, then everyone jumping on that the Hawks play an outstanding brand of football by the end of season and win a final,
Fagan took Lions 14th to into a grand final.

Considering 4x premiership coach, Alistair Clarkson has never won it, I don’t think many think this award has any merit whatsoever.

Having the respect of your peers is a pretty worthy accolade.

In comparison, Fagan in 2019 took the Lions from 15th to 2nd. Much more impressive. He deservedly won the award then too. Took the side from 14th (2-5) to grand final in the same season. Much more impressive than 18th to 6th. Clearly the better coach

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

2024 AFLCA Coach of the Year

Remove this Banner Ad

Back