Game Day 2024 AFLW Round 1 Carlton vs Hawthorn Sunday 1st September 1:05PM @ Kinetic Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Like a few others I am frankly flabbergasted that Velardo and Duursma aren't playing given our dearth of experience.
My comment stemmed more from the nominated squad, but casting an eye over the rest of the list, and I'm wondering where Anthony and Fitzpatrick are.

Feel like we've maybe gone too early on bringing in Keck, too long on Dal Pos, and too much with Good. I'd have Velardo, Anthony, and Fitzpatrick brought straight in for them, and send Peterson forward.

watching the game and could not for the life of me understand why they constently misjudged the effect of the wind.
Hawks used the wind to perfection and Blues played as if it did not exist. that is on both the players and the coach

This. the Hawks seemed to understand that they could kick an extra 10m due to the breeze and would regularly put it over the top of pretty much all our defense, to a hawks player or 1-1 close to their goal. We didn't seem to learn or do the same when we had the breeze.

And the attempted precise handball game in terrible conditions, with slow players and average skills? Ech.

My comment stemmed more from the nominated squad, but casting an eye over the rest of the list, and I'm wondering where Anthony and Fitzpatrick are.

Feel like we've maybe gone too early on bringing in Keck, too long on Dal Pos, and too much with Good. I'd have Velardo, Anthony, and Fitzpatrick brought straight in for them, and send Peterson forward.

Fitzpatrick is inactive for the season. Did her knee last year remember.

Fitzpatrick is inactive for the season. Did her knee last year remember.
Remember the injury, didn't realise it had knocked her out of this entire season. Ta!

I'd still move Keck out of the team regardless, ability to chase and pressure was way off. Duursma can come in and the nebulous foward/mid group will just shuffle around a bit.

GWS 800% o_O

GWbZUrbWYAAilFr

How Dal Pos gets a game ahead of anyone is baffling.
Cannot remember a single game she has influenced significantly since she arrived. And don’t give me “leadership” … surely we’ve moved on from that being the first priority for selection.
We had the wrong players and the wrong plan today.
I'm inclined to agree.

Jess has had a handful of good games during her time at Carlton, but tends to consistently have minimal impact.
She's not a Vescio, who has the proven talent to break games wide open

Maybe she stays on for team balance more than anything else, but as we're clearly keen on list regeneration you'd have to question her place in the team through that purview.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2024 AFLW Round 1 Carlton vs Hawthorn Sunday 1st September 1:05PM @ Kinetic Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Back