F1 2024 Azerbaijan Grand Prix - Race Weekend Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Btw I think the last few weeks (and the lack of any decision made in the mid season break) pretty much suggests it will be Lawson taking Ricciardos seat, and Sergio staying at RBR for 2025, and Daniel left without a seat and probably off to another series.
Yep. Dan's had a good run in the sport but time to leave.

Results wise it didn't go as well as he probably deserved. But his bank account suggests we needn't shed too many tears for him.

Btw I think the last few weeks (and the lack of any decision made in the mid season break) pretty much suggests it will be Lawson taking Ricciardos seat, and Sergio staying at RBR for 2025, and Daniel left without a seat and probably off to another series.
Truthfully think this was always going to be how it played out.

Yep. Dan's had a good run in the sport but time to leave.

Results wise it didn't go as well as he probably deserved. But his bank account suggests we needn't shed too many tears for him.
Problem for Danny Ric and a lot of other drivers over the years is that there are generally only two or three drivers with a legitimate chance of winning a championship in a good season, on a bad year there might only be one.

The timing of the regulation changes screwed him. RBR was the best team for the last four and a half years when he got there on account of their chassis work, only for the 2014 turbo hybrids to come in and make powerplants the difference for the next few years.

Truthfully think this was always going to be how it played out.
There was a bit of hope there when Sergio shit the bed that they might have given him the back half to see if he could fair better.

And they realistically would have done that if Daniel was consistently beating Yuki, but he wasn't. Nobody else to blame but himself. At least he'll get another race at Austin and Vegas to soak it all in.

I turned on sky f1 and the first thing I see is Karun doing a breakdown of why Lando didn’t make Q2. FMD do they ever stop. I’ve switched straight to F1 tv app.
I don't recall them being this bad with Lewis, even when he was winning.

I turned on sky f1 and the first thing I see is Karun doing a breakdown of why Lando didn’t make Q2. FMD do they ever stop. I’ve switched straight to F1 tv app.
Leclerc 1, Oscar 2, Sainz 3, Verstappen 4 wouldn't be the worst outcome. Norris should score points but Verstappen extending his lead and the three behind Norris closing the gap would bring Leclerc level or close to Norris going into a Ferrari-friendly circuit in Singapore.

We're one more rubbish Norris performance from Sky's commentators advocating that Piastri go full Schumacher at his worst, treating it like a dodgem car and seeing how many of Lando's competitor's he can bin.

I love a national anthem with some grandeur to it, ours sucks compared to... well, everyone.

Leclerc 1, Oscar 2, Sainz 3, Verstappen 4 wouldn't be the worst outcome. Norris should score points but Verstappen extending his lead and the three behind Norris closing the gap would bring Leclerc level or close to Norris going into a Ferrari-friendly circuit in Singapore.
Norris not scoring a point and Oscar winning with fastest lap would throw the cat amongst the pigeons. I’d love to see if the tables get turned in the next two races.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Norris not scoring a point and Oscar winning with fastest lap would throw the cat amongst the pigeons. I’d love to see if the tables get turned in the next two races.
The McLaren is too quick to be stuck behind the also rans over an entire race. An Oscar win would be nice but a Leclerc win would put the Norris talk to bed much earlier.

Massive accident at the start of the FP2 feature race earlier today, car stalled on the grid.... you know the rest.
All drivers walked away unscratched.

You missed the start before that then, Ted and Lando took a lovely walk to the garage as petals were thrown around, there were doves and oh so much smoke was blown up Landos arse.

Hence Karuns breakdown that followed. It was glorious.

I say this as a guy that works for the company that has a brand on the McLaren. More exposure plz Sky.

Remove this Banner Ad

F1 2024 Azerbaijan Grand Prix - Race Weekend Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back