F1 2024 Azerbaijan Grand Prix - Race Weekend Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Perez didn’t move as I thought
Yep, as I thought when I saw it live, it was Sainz slightly moving in whilst Perez remained going straight.

It's on Sainz as he was the only one changing his line when they were side by side.

Sad end for both as looked like a great race to the end for 2nd.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is a lot of complaining going on about Oscar's rear wing flexing. I wonder if with all the complaining the FIA look at it.
A year doesnt go by without talk of flexi wings.

I haven't seen the post-race replay analysis of the Sainz/Perez crash. I will note though that it is possible for neither of them to have steered into the other, both having steered straight, if they were on converging lines.

Both were headed for the same point (i.e. the apex of the next corner), and Perez was closer to the middle of the road than Sainz. Their cars probably weren't on parallel lines - close, but slightly converging.

If that's shown to be the case (and it may or may not be), then the onus would be on Perez to avoid hitting Sainz, given that he was coming up from behind. There was plenty of "racing room" to the left, so Sainz wouldn't have any case to answer.

Norris and Piastri won't stay in the same team for much longer IMO. Norris has the main character energy and Piastri is now putting up the results.
Reckon they will.

If one leaves, it'll be Oscar (McLaren won't dump Lando). But if either left, where would they go that's going to allow them to compete for races/titles while being number 1? Obviously not Ferrari, not Red Bull while Max is there. Possibly Mercedes but that dynamic would basically be exactly the same as it is now.

They're both best left where they are really.

Probably the best Aussie win since Webber at the Nurburgring in 09.

Young Oscar just doesn't get as excited as his manager
Ricciardo at Monza was pretty bloody awesome. Wasn't on pure talent like Oscar's but enjoyable nonetheless.

Ricciardo at Monza was pretty bloody awesome. Wasn't on pure talent like Oscar's but enjoyable nonetheless.
For sure, but I had this nagging feeling he was just the right place, right time guy.

Webbers first win was a total domination even with a pitlane penalty

Reckon they will.

If one leaves, it'll be Oscar (McLaren won't dump Lando). But if either left, where would they go that's going to allow them to compete for races/titles while being number 1? Obviously not Ferrari, not Red Bull while Max is there. Possibly Mercedes but that dynamic would basically be exactly the same as it is now.

They're both best left where they are really.
Aston Martin will need someone in a year or 2.

Remove this Banner Ad

F1 2024 Azerbaijan Grand Prix - Race Weekend Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back