Brownlow 2024 Brownlow Medal Count - Congrats Patrick Cripps!

Who wins the 24 Chas?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Well Bont had 32 disposals, 2 goals, 11 clearances with 10 coaches votes in rd2 for 0 votes.

Whilst Rylee Sanders got votes for 22 , 0 goals, 6 clearances and 0 coaches votes.

And Libba got the 3 votes with 20 disposals, 1 goal, 7 clearances and 3 coaches votes.

It's a joke.
This actually is genuinely crazy stuff.

Who would have thought the most influential position on the ground would produce the most brownlow winners...
Other positions may be more impactful on their day, the key forwards big bag absolutely wins a game, as does the silky outside mid / half forward who has a couple of clearances leading to goals, a couple himself and is effective transitioning the ball through the midfield. The issue is, those types of performances are inherently inconsistent and the Brownlow is a season long award. Of course it's going to trend towards the players who have the highest floor on their impact on the game across a season - inside midfielders. Gulden fits into that silky outside midfielder and he went incredibly well this year and is one of my favourite players across the league but it just shows it's hard to be that brilliant for 60% of the competition like Cripps was in his role.

Which confirms to me what I've seen when I see Carlton play. Cripps will win the clearance or hitout, will either do an elite handball or dump kick.

If you sweat on Cripps, it's not as effective if you sweat on the handball receiver from Cripps first possession.

Then he follows up. And tackles. And breaks tackles. And can score. And can ruck to put the oppo off guard. And appears all over the field to bust through a line. And soaks up multiple players attention and usually keeps going when they've dropped off.

Carlton players are really building a list of individual accolades that would rival the St Kilda team of the 90’s - similiar trajectory of team success as well.
That’s it. Now you’ve accumulated more individual medals than a 1990s Chinese Olympic swimming team it’s probably time to achieve something as a team

Remove this Banner Ad

Brownlow 2024 Brownlow Medal Count - Congrats Patrick Cripps!

Back