Brownlow 2024 Brownlow Medal Count - Congrats Patrick Cripps!

Who wins the 24 Chas?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Thank you Jon Pierik for a MSM view that fits with 99% of the BF on this issue - well done Cripps, but the system is busted and the Brownlow risks becoming a joke.

As pointed out earlier though, Jon just cost himself GF tix for his stance!

The first guy to stop clapping Stalin, lol

Not an excuse but may help explain things..

I’m a Community Level Umpire - I’ve umpired Major League & Minor League GF’s for the last few years

During the regular season, I run in a combination of a two umpire system and a three umpire system. I have no and will not ever do a four umpire system.

In a two umpire system, my partner and I are in regular communication at each break discussing who we like for each side. At quarter time we may have 6-8, at half time we might have more or usually slightly less and at 3/4 time we’ve generally shaved it down a few and the post game it’s generally fairly simple.

A three umpire system is harder, there’s an extra opinion and due to the rotation pattern you can go in and out of the game and you can have periods when you are not in control and a fair way off. I find the discussions at breaks are less frequent and more often than not you are discussing positioning and handovers etc. When it comes to doing votes you get an extra opinion and because you haven’t narrowed it down, it’s harder to get consensus…so you tend to go with a compromise which is usually someone relatively well known.

That’s my experience.

I can onlu imagine what it’s like with four out there…
Goodluck and thanks for Community level hard works.

There may be a new rule that says P. Cripps 3 votes for every game in the land. Spelling is critical as many awards based sportspeeps are in the process of changing their name by depol.

Goodluck and thanks for Community level hard works.

There may be a new rule that says P. Cripps 3 votes for every game in the land.
Maybe just set it as the default and the umps can change it if they have time.

Spelling is critical as many awards based sportspeeps are in the process of changing their name by depol.
Deed poll? :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Brownlow 2024 Brownlow Medal Count - Congrats Patrick Cripps!

Back