Coach 2024 Coaching

Remove this Banner Ad

Wouldn't shock me to see Dal

Maybe not yet... but soonish

Looks like Aussie’s available.

After 0-36 over the last two years, the only way is up surely

fsfUWDf.jpeg

He was on a highway to nowhere trying to manage the Sandringham alignment to become competitive. Both clubs are to blame but the Saints bottom end of the list has been very ordinary the injuries to senior players didnt help and the Sandringham top up players are the worst in the comp. He didnt know who he would have in the side from one week to the next, there was nothing to gain for Jake being dealt that hand each week.

Good luck to ever takes it on next year at least there are no expectations to be competitive. Im amazed the club havent made it a priority to have a stand alone side.
How do you know they haven't made it a priority?

He was on a highway to nowhere trying to manage the Sandringham alignment to become competitive. Both clubs are to blame but the Saints bottom end of the list has been very ordinary the injuries to senior players didnt help and the Sandringham top up players are the worst in the comp. He didnt know who he would have in the side from one week to the next, there was nothing to gain for Jake being dealt that hand each week.

Good luck to ever takes it on next year at least there are no expectations to be competitive. Im amazed the club havent made it a priority to have a stand alone side.

We pretty much run it anyway. We just refuse to fund it. Box Hill and Casey seem to work okay. Once we get a better injury run and more quality depth we will be naturally competitive but stacking with a few VFL stalwarts and ex AFL players would teach the kids in a more winning environment.

How was he as a coach? Agree that the Sandy alignment is pretty ordinary...

I heard Ken Hinkley could be available

Could bring Charlie Dixon with him.

I hear Black Rock Yatcht Club is looking for a new breakwater to replace the crumbling Cerebus

wpHH60c.jpeg

Bloody hell, he looks like David Brent and by the looks of his results, might coach like him too. Hope his next appointment (not us please) is more fruitful
Yeah,.. first job after playing. Brought inn during Lethers reign. Don’t think Sandy ever played finals under him.

Didn’t get the vibe that people considered it a team…. Just a cheap alignment for saving a few $…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reckon Mason wood could do it while playing. The man can do it all

Agreed, l think Batch has been very good. After 6 years he needs a change which is fair and normal. Good luck to him.

I don't know whether it was Batch himself, or the club pushing it, but he was the first VFL/Development coach to give us routine player reports.
I always welcomed hearing his opinion of how the players had gone, and what was needed for them to improve.

So what are we doing about our assistants for next year?

Personally, I'd be happy to see Harvey moved on.

Can't see it happening though... hope I'm wrong.

So what are we doing about our assistants for next year?

Personally, I'd be happy to see Harvey moved on.

Can't see it happening though... hope I'm wrong.

I don't know how Harvey is going.
Lyon would know for sure, he'd be telling Harvey how he wants things to progress and he'd know whether Harvey is achieving it or not.
If he's not ,I think Lyon would fix things, he's kind of ruthless.

Its like my boss knows how i'm going at work, no-one outside the company does.

So i don't really care what supporters perceptions of Harvey are.

I don't know how Harvey is going.
Lyon would know for sure, he'd be telling Harvey how he wants things to progress and he'd know whether Harvey is achieving it or not.
If he's not ,I think Lyon would fix things, he's kind of ruthless.

Its like my boss knows how i'm going at work, no-one outside the company does.

So i don't really care what supporters perceptions of Harvey are.

If your job is head of advertising and all your ads are shit and sales are dropping then people outside your company would have a fair idea that you're not knocking it out of the park.

I see how our forward line has functioned over the last few years as one indicator of Harvey's performance. I'll admit there's been some improvement in that area lately though.

The thought we can't judge line coaches seems a bit silly to me. I think we all agree it would appear Enright is doing a very good job. We base that on on-field performance. It goes both ways.

If your job is head of advertising and all your ads are shit and sales are dropping then people outside your company would have a fair idea that you're not knocking it out of the park.

I see how our forward line has functioned over the last few years as one indicator of Harvey's performance. I'll admit there's been some improvement in that area lately though.

The thought we can't judge line coaches seems a bit silly to me. I think we all agree it would appear Enright is doing a very good job. We base that on on-field performance. It goes both ways.
There are always mitigating circumstances - as in Lyon would know if the forward line is not functioning properly due to the midfield not doing their job effectively. And whether that was down to coaching and/or personnel.

Best people to assess that would be at the club. We see what happens match day but not the inner workings and all the expectations and kpi’s required.

There are always mitigating circumstances - as in Lyon would know if the forward line is not functioning properly due to the midfield not doing their job effectively. And whether that was down to coaching and/or personnel.

Best people to assess that would be at the club. We see what happens match day but not the inner workings and all the expectations and kpi’s required.

Of course.

I don't see people having opinions on our assistants as extreme though. Enright gets lots of praise for example.

Would like to see Ross with the best possible team around him.

Of course.

I don't see people having opinions on our assistants as extreme though. Enright gets lots of praise for example.

Would like to see Ross with the best possible team around him.
💯
Enright gets the praise because he’s got our most functional line- also due the players at his disposal.

Would like to be able to judge Harves and BJ after a year where injuries don’t disrupt things 🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼

Definitely don’t want anyone getting stale, just not sure things will be changed after just two years though.

All in all, bullish about next year, based on our second half of the season. We saw enough to know that we can challenge the top teams. Honestly I’d rather be in our position than Carlton or Melbourne right now.

So what do you have to say about 3 of our last 5 games going over 100, and the 4th scoring 99? Think our forward line is very functional when all players are singing from the same hymn book.

So what do you have to say about 3 of our last 5 games going over 100, and the 4th scoring 99? Think our forward line is very functional when all players are singing from the same hymn book.

I'd say there's definitely been improvement, which is great.

But for a large part of 2 years it was like a dog's breakfast.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach 2024 Coaching

Remove this Banner Ad

Back