List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Lots of talk that tigers will take Lalor and FOS if they have pick 1 and 2.

I see Jagga as your next Cotchin like captain. I’d be shocked if you didn’t select him. Thoughts?
Pretty clear you and your fellow supporters are wanting us to go down that path and leave FOS for your mob. I’m hoping that doesn’t happen as it will be a mistake on our part. Not certain we trade for 2, but it’s likely imo

Didn’t Carlton give 13 & 14 for 3? There’s precedence

This is an interesting situation

Carlton traded F1 & F1 to get #14 then on traded #14 + #12 to get #3
Lets consider their F1 to be #16 and F2 to be #40 just for the sake of this exercise

#12 + #16 + #40 = 2764 points which does equal pick #2
#6 + #18 = 2738 points = #2 also

So both these trades are equal value but if you were to offer both North & West Coast which would they rather take
#6 + #18 v #12 + #14 i have no doubt 99% of people asked would jump at #6 + #18

Love to have been a fly on the wall in the interviews/home visits. All the names mentioned are bloody exciting footballers and can put a case to draft ‘em all but interesting to see what separates them in the clubs eyes psychologically &/or culturally.

Really comes down to who has the better basketball background tho….

Hey guys I come in peace

What would you guys think about us giving you Melbourne's F1 or our F1 and our F3 for your 11 this year? If you would prefer to spread your picks over 2 years rather than placing it all on one draft this could be a win-win.
In this years draft that buys you the 1st pick on the 2nd day ............................ Pick #24
Nobody is exchanging a future pick #10/#11 for a current #11 for a F3

But you already know that yeah

Pondering the key forwards.

Goes without saying we need them, but do we really need to take 2 of the top key prospects this draft like some may think? We’re not completely void of them in the list already. The problem is they just aren’t good enough. Could we just select someone like Jonty Faull at 18/20/23/24 and look to select a number one key forward at #1 next year?

I’m not sure whether Armstrong, Shanahan or Jonty end up being #1 key options, maybe best suited to the #2 roles. Could be wrong, just some thoughts.
We need a #2 type too compliment Cadman.
Or maybe we already have him in Bauer and or Fawcett.

People never think about the flippity flip flip and just the negative scenario.
Imagine if we don't trade up to pick 2 and FOS turns into one of the best players in the comp. Everyone saying "let's not trade up to pick 2 and just hold" will do the old flippity flip flip themselves and claim we should have always done it.
Or they'll say, "We didn't lose because we got two good players. How were we to know FOS would be a star? There are no guarantees."

You know, loser talk.

Reckon you'd be an easy mark, you find it hard to hide excitement when something 'great' is in front of you.

I changed my mind. Don't come, dude. You'd never shut the **** up about cards you had in your previous hand, and I'd have to ask you to go home to my new house.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't mind trading up for it, but we need to absolutely recognise this. North are the ones in the hot seat, not us. Either take Tauru at 2, or give us a ****ing great deal for 6.

As I've said all along, 2 and F2 for 6 and 18/20.

Exactly, let them come to us. They will become increasingly desperate and its not a bad result for us to have them keep pick 2.

And they will say no for certain.
I agree I think they’d demand pick 6.
Considering we have eight picks am I crazy thinking that picks 6, 21 & 24 is a good offer? The first pick of the second round is a rated by clubs coz they get the extra time to consider it… but if we pick up six first rounders would we be planning on using a seventh pick?

I agree I think they’d demand pick 6.
Considering we have eight picks am I crazy thinking that picks 6, 21 & 24 is a good offer? The first pick of the second round is a rated by clubs coz they get the extra time to consider it… but if we pick up six first rounders would we be planning on using a seventh pick?
Youve confused me

we have picks 18,20,23 & 24

24 being 1st pick of round 2.

Lol. We will be pumped to take Jagga. Kid is a genuine star. Most Carlton fans are skeptical on FOS and Lalor.
Most Carlton fans were sceptical on Cripps when you drafted him too so they are renowned as good judges. In fact one of the Carlton recruiting managers left the club in protest :)

Wasn’t 3 first rounders, we trade our first next year for a first this year. It’s hard to count I know 1 plus 1 equals 2

Will say Lalor and o Sullivan have more upside than Jagga and if u manage to get them both that’s a superb draft
yes, the counting problem, F1 + 12 + 14 = 3 that's 3 x 1st's for pick 3 comprehension/reading is not your strongest suit

yes, Lalor and O'Sullivan have more upside than Jagga, but you already knew that by trading a fortune to get pick 3 and FOS who is Walsh's cousin, isn't he?

Wasn’t 3 first rounders, we trade our first next year for a first this year. It’s hard to count I know 1 plus 1 equals 2

Will say Lalor and o Sullivan have more upside than Jagga and if u manage to get them both that’s a superb draft
I could be wrong but wasn’t it a F1 and F2 for pick 14, then 12 & 14 for 3? In other words, 2024 &2025 1st, and 2025 2nd? Still a pretty big price to pay for one player but could work out well.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back