List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Unlikely to be straight trades of pick X for someone’s F1, but I’m not particularly interested in trading into next year’s first round unless we reasonably expect that F1 to be top 10.

Otherwise, hold & pick. This is the year.
Hoping to see bit of last year's wheeling and dealing. Willing to trade back and load up for next year whilst keeping 7 or 8 picks this year. Will be so many sellers next year to upgrade etc.

I've conceded that we're unlikely to take Jagga at 1, but I'm hopeful that he's in contention for our 2nd pick or 3rd if we trade for 2 and somehow keep 6
Why do you say that? If we likely have the first 2 picks of the draft, I think it's almost a certainty we take the best performing mid all year as one of them? Moreso the fact he has leadership capabilities, is literally from richmond, and has played for our VFL

On SM-A528B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I don't want us trading up for Norths pick 2. Keep 1, 6 10, 18, 20, 23 & 24.

I would offer North pick 11 for their 2025 R1. That is definitely going to be top 10 and possibly top 5.

Gives us 2 x R1 picks next year. If we finish last we get pick 1 again, but Norths pick and a future R1 pick could be used to go after Cadman as a long term Lynch replacement.

With 1, 6 10, 18, 20, 23 & 24 we can address midfield class with the first 3 picks and KPP/Ruck depth with the last 4.

1. Lalor/FOS
6 & 10. 2 of Jagga/Draper/Langford/Smille/Reid/Lindsay/Travaglia/Allan
18, 20, 23 & 24 2-4 of Trainor/Shanahan/Whitlocks/Dodson/Faull

If we can't get all 4 of those talls, take as many as we can and if possible trade into 2025 R1 again

I agree, but would go further and stick to 10 & 11 for pick 2 and not give up pick 6.
North either take that, or they find some other deal.
Only Saints or Melbourne could offer a better deal, but they won't.
Other option for North is 15, 16 & future from GWS.
My thoughts are that considering the evenness of the draft from 5-15ish we'd be better off with: 1, 2, 10, 11 as opposed to 1, 2, 6

On SM-A528B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Taking 4 talls in an elite midfielders draft is way overs IMO, whoever they are. 2 max
Agree. Take a tall forward and maybe if Trainor gets to a point where he's slid too far to ignore you take the punt.

Have to back them in that you're picking a best 22 player.

Taking 4 is throwing darts and hoping 1 might hit the board.

I don't want us trading up for Norths pick 2. Keep 1, 6 10, 18, 20, 23 & 24.

I would offer North pick 11 for their 2025 R1. That is definitely going to be top 10 and possibly top 5.

Gives us 2 x R1 picks next year. If we finish last we get pick 1 again, but Norths pick and a future R1 pick could be used to go after Cadman as a long term Lynch replacement.

With 1, 6 10, 18, 20, 23 & 24 we can address midfield class with the first 3 picks and KPP/Ruck depth with the last 4.

1. Lalor/FOS
6 & 10. 2 of Jagga/Draper/Langford/Smille/Reid/Lindsay/Travaglia/Allan
18, 20, 23 & 24 2-4 of Trainor/Shanahan/Whitlocks/Dodson/Faull

If we can't get all 4 of those talls, take as many as we can and if possible trade into 2025 R1 again

I agree. Very rarely are the first two picks the two best players in a draft.

Giving up a first round pick to jump a few spots is crazy. Come draft night there will be some real talent at 18 that we will wish we had a pick for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swap our pick 24
For power Pick 29 and 50
i'd be sitting back.... let the minnows come to us with their god-offers.....

the sopranos smoking GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi Guys,
Who do you think you guys will take with pick 1 and pick 2 if you end up with it? Do you have any intel on which way your LM team are leaning?
Thanks.

I’d only want to trade for pick 2 if we get to keep 6. All the talk about the top 7 players being very even. I’d trade 10 and 11 for 2.
Take Fos, Lalor and 1 of Draper, smith, Langford and smilie. Personally would want smith or Langford. Then a couple of keys with our later picks and cooper hynes if he’s still there. Trade out into next year if any huge offers come. Take 6 players and have at least 3 first rounders for next year

Hi Guys,
Who do you think you guys will take with pick 1 and pick 2 if you end up with it? Do you have any intel on which way your LM team are leaning?
Thanks.
I'm hearing FOS then Lalor. Others hearing Lalor then FOS.

I’d only want to trade for pick 2 if we get to keep 6. All the talk about the top 7 players being very even. I’d trade 10 and 11 for 2.
Take Fos, Lalor and 1 of Draper, smith, Langford and smilie. Personally would want smith or Langford. Then a couple of keys with our later picks and cooper hynes if he’s still there. Trade out into next year if any huge offers come. Take 6 players and have at least 3 first rounders for next year
North won’t drop under 6 for 2
6/11 I think will get done I know you don’t want to but it’s a fair deal
Leaves you with 1/2/10/18/20/23/24
You will probably only use 4 picks them trade other 3 for future 1st rounders
Then you will have 4 first rounders next year aswell

We have 10 list spots and only 4 unsigned. Why would we use 4 picks? 🤔

Lalor and FOS.

What's the word from your camp?

On SM-A546E using BigFooty.com mobile app
I haven’t heard any official rumour from our LM team, however, seems most of our fanbase on our board are all in on Sid Draper. My personal preference is Jagga Smitt; I think he’s a Nick Daicos clone. Harvey Langford is the other guy I really like. Can see him taking big marks in clutch moments up forward.

6 + 18 is around Pick 2.

That's what we will offer at best. Though if we can hold onto 6, then that would be even better. Don't like our chances though which makes our play for Pick 2 50/50.

I haven’t heard any official rumour from our LM team, however, seems most of our fanbase on our board are all in on Sid Draper. My personal preference is Jagga Smitt; I think he’s a Nick Daicos clone. Harvey Langford is the other guy I really like. Can see him taking big marks in clutch moments up forward.
yep, heard Adelaide are a little nervous getting contingencies in place as Blues have interest in Draper. Still means another quality mid falls to them @4 - Jagga.

What are north options its trade pick #2 or Trade F1 which they will only get a pick around 15 as next years draft is not as good and teams will be thinking with another year's growth and some experience in the side they will move upto 7-9 wins and their pick could be 7-9 in a weaker draft with many academy picks - so that's not really desirable .

Pick #2 is there only chance to get multiple decent picks in a good draft
St Kilda - 7 , 8 , 32 , 47 This wont happen as its way too much to give and north wont want future picks
Melbourne
- 5 , 9 This wont happen as its way too much to give and north wont want future picks
GWS -
15 , 16 , 21 , 37 This also wont happen as they could do the richmond trade and ger #6 and still do this with pick #6 and end up with 15,16,21 for pick #6

Richmond -
This is a very simple choice and the only choice for north to get the best possible trade imo
Pick #11 , #20 , #23 or #6 + #18 pick #6 + #18 is the better choice for them as it gives them the option to use both or trade # to GWS for #15,#16,#21 and also have #18

If North prefer say #10 & #11 i would be reluctant do this but not totally against in if it was #2 + F1 for #10 , #11 , #23
This would then leave Richmond with #1 , #2 , #6 , #18 , #20 , #24 + North F1. Then this opens up other options

Richmond could then after selecting FOS & Lalor decide to trade out #6 to GWS for #14 , #16 , #21 leaving us with
#1 , #2 , #15 , #16 , #18 , #20 , #21 , #23 , #24 this scenario is only good if we have teams lining up to trade F1's and we want to spread the picks over 2 years.
Taking #1 , #2 , #15 , #16 , #18 , #20 in 2024 and trading #21 , #23 , #24 into future 1st rounders
This way we take the 2 cream players we want and 4 picks where the drat is the most even between 10-25 and have 4 1st rounders in 2025

There are alot more options now
I would rather we keep all picks given the depth of the draft and trade max pick 24 for a 1st rounder next year and death ride someone. Trading up this year is the worst year to do it.

Todays Morro post

The draft should first be done behind closed doors with just the teams involved (players aren’t notified) and televised afterwards in reverse order counting down to pick 1

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back