List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

My my aren’t you chock high on draft confidence.

I’ll let you in on a few secrets, firstly “media pressure” won’t make one scrap of difference with who we pick.

Secondly, you don’t have all da pickz.

St kilda
Melbourne
GWS (basically)

All have back to back picks. Along with the tigers.

North have a F1 that is out and proud and on the table for the right price. Other than you guys that’s the most valuable 2025 draft commodity in the comp. If north tripped their wins in 25 it’s still pick 5.

Could totally see a smart list manager taking the punt that it’s pick 3 next year and trading some capital out of 2024.

GWS would surely do 16 and 18 for our F1. Probably their 21 as well.

That’s shanahan, Whitlock, trainor territory.

FOS/Lalor/smith/langford
Shanahan
Trainor

Would be possible
St kilda
Melbourne
GWS (basically)

Could you give the trade options with these teams to see if they pass the pub test

I already said, at the most basic level, north F1 for GWS 16 and 18

Easy done. Perfect draft to give up such a great F1 as there is an even group of KPP from 12-25
GWS are not interested in future picks they want to move up in this years draft

Melbourne traded the farm to get 2 picks in this years draft but even if they wanted to move up they wont gibe 4 & 9
you could get 9 and they dont have a future 1st and only have a future 2nd

Now St Kilda with picks #7 & #8 the only way that gets to North is #2 + your future 1st which north wont do

Maybe you think of an example that may work , Have a read of my post about 10-12 posts ago it explaine's all of north's options Post #70

Melbourne traded the farm to get 2 picks in this years draft but even if they wanted to move up they wont gibe 4 & 9

Now St Kilda with picks #7 & #8 the only way that gets to North is #2 + your future 1st which north wont do

Maybe you think of an example that may work , Have a read of my post about 10-12 posts ago it explaine's all of north's options Post #70

I think we are talking about different things.

I’m simply talking about north trading out a very very valuable 2025 draft asset for a pick (or picks) in this draft.

As the example you used north F1 for pick 9. That’s probably Armstrong.

What if north said to the tigers

F1

For

Wouldn’t consider that?

I think we are talking about different things.

I’m simply talking about north trading out a very very valuable 2025 draft asset for a pick (or picks) in this draft.

As the example you used north F1 for pick 9. That’s probably Armstrong.
No we are talking about the same thing and norths F1 is not going to be pick #2 next year and north will be going up and teams know this . North will be predicted to have a pick 7-9 next year and you wont get a pick in this years draft that will give you a top 10 pick but more like 13 -15.

Its your pick this year that has value and the best deal you would get is from Richmond
North will still want a high pick like pick #6 to get the choice of Tauru and Armstrong both predicted to go top 10
But with pick #6 you wont get another pick before #18

No we are talking about the same thing and norths F1 is not going to be pick #2 next year and north will be going up and teams know this . North will be predicted to have a pick 7-9 next year and you wont get a pick in this years draft that will give you a top 10 pick but more like 13 -15.

Its your pick this year that has value and the best deal you would get is from Richmond
North will still want a high pick like pick #6 to get the choice of Tauru and Armstrong both predicted to go top 10
But with pick #6 you wont get another pick before #18

Pick 7-9.

Wowsers I wish lol

3 wins
4 wins
2 wins
3 wins
3 wins

And we are pencilled in to quadruple our wins in 2025!!!!!!!

Glory be. The dark times have ended.

Pick 7-9.

Wowsers I wish lol

3 wins
4 wins
2 wins
3 wins
3 wins

And we are pencilled in to quadruple our wins in 2025!!!!!!!

Glory be. The dark times have ended.
You will win 7 games this year maybe more depending on how much organic growth the kids have
Daniel , Parker , Darling add alot of experience and depth and North lost 3-4 games this year which they should of won
that wont happen again and you will play Richmond and eagles 2 times - 4 wins just there

You will win 7 games this year maybe more depending on how much organic growth the kids have
Daniel , Parker , Darling add alot of experience and depth and North lost 3-4 games this year which they should of won
that wont happen again and you will play Richmond and eagles 2 times - 4 wins just there

7 wins is pick 3-4

Exactly what I’m thinking.

Pick 3/4 next year is more valuable than 9/10 this year.

It’s not a super draft because of high end, it’s a super draft because of depth.

Pick 3 next year will be rated higher than pick 1 this year. Like Mckercher said of have gone pick 1 this year.

7 wins is pick 3-4

Exactly what I’m thinking.

Pick 3/4 next year is more valuable than 9/10 this year.

It’s not a super draft because of high end, it’s a super draft because of depth.

Pick 3 next year will be rated higher than pick 1 this year. Like Mckercher said of have gone pick 1 this year.
Lets see what happens
There are alot of teams including eagles bombers gold coast geelong stkilda and a couple more wanting to get back into this years draft.

Richmond will only be trading picks #23 and #24 to get into 2025 that im very confident in
so for Richmond its only your pick 2 that would be of interest

How on earth do we only get an A-?
The same as clubs like Collingwood, Collingwood & Hawks

what is this shite they put out through their propaganda arm

Who’s the head of media there. I’m going to write a very sternly written letter

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We just need to hold our ground and North will cave. They're so desperate to offload pick 2 as the last thing they need is another gun mid and keep hearing they want Tauru. The later we hold out the better the offer will be. We're basically their only potential buyer. Saints won't deal. No way in hell Melbourne will. GWS aren't low enough. Any other year they'd be justified in wanting to try ask for 6 and 11 but not this year. They'd be lucky if we give them 11 and 18 such is the evenness of the draft. We need to be smart too. Melbourne 100% take a kpf. I assume Saints do too. Port could even get spooked and take one early leaving dregs for us. We should only trade if it massively favours and doesn't sabotage us.

Picks 1, 2, 6, 10, 20, 23, 24 could net us
1 Lalor,
2 FOS
6 Smillie/ Langford/ Jagga
10 Shanahan
20 Whitlock?
23 Berry
24 Sell for a motze to the most desperate club who's coach doesn't care about their future only the now.

FOS and Lalor and whoever we get at 6 should sort the midfield out for 12 - 15 years like how Butters, Rozee, Horn Francis have at Port. Can see Armstrong going early and zero chance he gets past the Dees at 9. We need to get a KPD too as insurance for Gibcus, which allows us to cash in Miller and Young to desperate clubs. Berry mightn't be available but we need a small forward cos ours are the worst in the comp. 3 gun tier 1 mids, 1 gun kpf, 1 gun kpd/kpf/ruck and a small fwd is a pretty good basis for our next flag. I can see the 1st pick of night 2 (pick 24) getting us a ridiculous 2025 haul maybe with a later 2024 pick to potentially land Sam Davidson? It's gonna be epic. Probably taking a sickie after the draft 🤣

IMG_20241017_022417.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back