List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Being open minded to best and worse case scenarios is something more posters should embrace rather than just being focused on their ideal scenario happening and then melting when it doesn't.
Just let the cards fall were they may.
cards GIF

I'm not sensitive at all. Why make it personal? If you or anyone else want to convince me that JUH is anything but soft then do so. I invite you to put forward your argument and I will not respond by calling you something derogatory. You're entitled to your opinion.

With all this talk of Richmond possibly drafting a forward such as Cadman, JUH and others in the future, I started watching them more closely, all be it TV. I noticed JUH regularly when under the incoming ball would move to avoid contact. I considered this soft and immediately dismissed him as the wrong type. I do understand he's still young and probably not fully developed but I'm all in for blokes who stand their ground and are aggressive, especially early in their careers. I'll watch more of him next year and you never know, may change my stance. Right now though I still see him as the wrong fit. Cadman projects as the better player.
That is a better explanation, however I absolutely disagree that he is soft, but still learning to impact games.

Yep, the most id do is 10 & 11. Everyone keeps saying 6, North will want 6 but we should treat it like Bolton to Freo trade and say no we are only offering 10 & 11 for pick 2.
That’s too much. I’d rather keep what we have. Put a ludicrous offer Eg 11,18,23 for #2 and F1 and don’t blink. If they finally accept then party time. If not, no loss.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ve made my mind up.

If we are picking Langford then I want him paired with Jagga no one else.
If we are picking Lalor I want him paired with FOS

I’ve watched a bunch of videos today Langford will compliment Jaggas weaknesses and vice versa.

Lalor and FOS find each other constantly

Blair if you read this these are your two choices or you walk to the front gate naked and in chains.

Just on Mick Ablett he reckons we won't trade up and we won't trade into next year unless we
Get a incredible offer
Can appreciate that, we've put in a shit ton of work to get high end picks in this draft, would be a waste to just turn tail and trade out of them. Particularly given the strength and depth of this draft.

Pick 24 being the first pick on the 2nd night rightly becomes attractive for those clubs eying off a player that was high on their board but is still available, what's to say that we aren't in that exact same situation and have the capital to nail the player that is left from the first round of drafting. Why not take advantage and get the best players this year?

I'm completely across trading for F1's but what's the point if we think that the better player is available this year? The offer would have to be godfather like for me to consider it if I was in Blair's shoes.

Can appreciate that, we've put in a shit ton of work to get high end picks in this draft, would be a waste to just turn tail and trade out of them. Particularly given the strength and depth of this draft.

Pick 24 being the first pick on the 2nd night rightly becomes attractive for those clubs eying off a player that was high on their board but is still available, what's to say that we aren't in that exact same situation and have the capital to nail the player that is left from the first round of drafting. Why not take advantage and get the best players this year?

I'm completely across trading for F1's but what's the point if we think that the better player is available this year? The offer would have to be godfather like for me to consider it if I was in Blair's shoes.
I see us doing a few slides like we did last year and realizing some future r2s et al

If we were keen to get Pick 2 I’d love to see us try and work it so we also get Norths future first as they seem willing to part ways with it during trade week.

Hypothetical could be:

We trade 6, 10 and one more of our picks (what pick they ask for would determine whether we see it as worthwhile)

We get pick 2 and their future first ( I can’t see us and north not being the bottom 2 sides next year)

This would still leave us with a great draft hand this year but then would likely give us two very high picks next year.
Could also appeal to North as at 6 and 10 they likely get the key position players they want and then they get another good pick in a strong and even draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back