List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

We have 10 list spots and only 4 unsigned. Why would we use 4 picks? 🤔

If we were keen to get Pick 2 I’d love to see us try and work it so we also get Norths future first as they seem willing to part ways with it during trade week.

Hypothetical could be:

We trade 6, 10 and one more of our picks (what pick they ask for would determine whether we see it as worthwhile)

We get pick 2 and their future first ( I can’t see us and north not being the bottom 2 sides next year)

This would still leave us with a great draft hand this year but then would likely give us two very high picks next year.
Could also appeal to North as at 6 and 10 they likely get the key position players they want and then they get another good pick in a strong and even draft.
Can only see north doing that for 6/10/11

They were offering their future first for pick 13?

Pick 6 and 18 would get pick or go very close. Pick 6, 11 and 18 should get both but we could always swap future seconds to get it over the line.

In saying that I’m not sure I want to trade 11 to obtain a future first that may or may not be top 5. Pick 11 is a very good pick in this draft.

Yeah obviously if you are North that’s what you’d ask for so we’d probably just be better off holding our picks and see if you guys come looking for pick 10 or 11 on draft night once you know who is still there.

If that were the case I’d think we’d be keen on 10 for your future first.

Or the far more realistic scenario, the above will never happen for 1 reason.

RICH - Lalor
NM - FOS
CARL - Jagga
ADE - Draper
Melb - Langford
RICH - ?
That is not realistic, North want to trade down for Tauru.

Tigers should only offer 6 +18 if we want to trade up to 2. Otherwise will get Jagga or Smillie at 6.

Last edited:
What are north options its trade pick #2 or Trade F1 which they will only get a pick around 15 as next years draft is not as good and teams will be thinking with another year's growth and some experience in the side they will move upto 7-9 wins and their pick could be 7-9 in a weaker draft with many academy picks - so that's not really desirable .

Pick #2 is there only chance to get multiple decent picks in a good draft
St Kilda - 7 , 8 , 32 , 47 This wont happen as its way too much to give and north wont want future picks
Melbourne
- 5 , 9 This wont happen as its way too much to give and north wont want future picks
GWS -
15 , 16 , 21 , 37 This also wont happen as they could do the richmond trade and ger #6 and still do this with pick #6 and end up with 15,16,21 for pick #6

Richmond -
This is a very simple choice and the only choice for north to get the best possible trade imo
Pick #11 , #20 , #23 or #6 + #18 pick #6 + #18 is the better choice for them as it gives them the option to use both or trade # to GWS for #15,#16,#21 and also have #18

If North prefer say #10 & #11 i would be reluctant do this but not totally against in if it was #2 + F1 for #10 , #11 , #23
This would then leave Richmond with #1 , #2 , #6 , #18 , #20 , #24 + North F1. Then this opens up other options

Richmond could then after selecting FOS & Lalor decide to trade out #6 to GWS for #14 , #16 , #21 leaving us with
#1 , #2 , #15 , #16 , #18 , #20 , #21 , #23 , #24 this scenario is only good if we have teams lining up to trade F1's and we want to spread the picks over 2 years.
Taking #1 , #2 , #15 , #16 , #18 , #20 in 2024 and trading #21 , #23 , #24 into future 1st rounders
This way we take the 2 cream players we want and 4 picks where the drat is the most even between 10-25 and have 4 1st rounders in 2025

There are alot more options now
North sounded pretty determined not to drop more than three or four spots

Happy with smilie at 6 if thats what pans out, dudes a beast and extremely creative by hand and foot, especially for his size. knows how to perfectly weight his kicks. Watching this one you can see a Tom Green beast mode contested player but way more damaging with disposal and decision making.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree.
Low risk.
Captain material and ball magnet.
Imagine for once in living memory us regularly getting first use of the ball.
Think about who you would want for the future Cotchin or Martin?
With Jagga you are getting a Cotchin . With Lalor or FOS you are getting the potential for a a high impact mid forward. We can’t afford to put the cart before the horse.
Can’t see any benefit in trading with North for #2
If we take Jagga we may still get Lalor or Langford at 6.
If not take Armstrong.
How is he captain material??

It’s not 3 for 1 as North future pick 1 is included. Just delayed 12 mths. I see your point and yes we do have quite a few list cloggers but the National draft is not the only mechanism for the club to bring in replacements for these list cloggers. We’ll see the club probably rookie one or two players. There will be the preseason draft and the club will invite a couple of train on players. Good players are found later. Eg. Seth Campbell. The most important thing is that the club understands fully the gravity of our list and has a clear plan in place to replace these fringe types/cloggers. Trading pick 6 and two later picks (not10 & 11) for north 2 and F1 I think allows the club to choose from a higher level group of kids. I doubt that North would except that anyway.
I heard this is the best most even draft ever! We went in hard to get good picks. Why worry about future when the now is the problem? Struggling clubs give up top pick to get 2 a little higher we intend in doing the opposite?

Norf have won 15 games in 5 seasons, finished 2nd last (again), and decided to throw all their picks away for old players who only played this year as injury cover, in a draft that has recruiters from all teams jizzing their pants.

You can draft another mid at 2 but the entire industry knows you want Tauru (I personally don’t blame you he has special traits), so if you can get him at 6 and pick up a free late first I’m sure you will.

And I know this trade includes your F1, but you’ve been out front of trade week practically trying to give it away, again this is a special draft so most teams want in not out. Maybe you can convince GWS to give up 15 or 16 but sounds like they want to move up, which leaves you trying to buy into the first round where nobody wants to sell.

You have zero picks, you’ve telegraphed the one pick you do have and will overpay or slide and you’re trying buy into a draft that nobody really wants to sell out of. So don’t think for a second you hold the whip hand in a trade with us. Blair won’t rip you off and you can always say no and take Tauru at 2 but you can stop dreaming of a kings ransom in picks from us.

They will ask for some combination of 6, 10 and 11, but we shouldn't fall for it. Hold firm, and don't budge.

Spot on, north is in no position to dictate to us. They have pick 2 and then their next pick is 62

If we trade 6, the gifted pick should be 20 or 23

You have to give something to get something of high value. So, I would even look at 10 and 11 and keep 6.

Going to the draft with 1, 2, 6 is a dream. Then 18, 20, 23 and 24

Or North decide to keep their pick 2, no probs as our draft hand is so strong.

I like the idea of keeping all our picks but the the club has its plan and if they want the double act FOS/Lalor then they will go for pick 2. Blair keeping it close to his chest.

1729122736963.png

Last edited:
Happy with smilie at 6 if thats what pans out, dudes a beast and extremely creative by hand and foot, especially for his size. knows how to perfectly weight his kicks. Watching this one you can see a Tom Green beast mode contested player but way more damaging with disposal and decision making.

if push comes to shove, I would not say no

there is a few of them, what is their actually best position? or do they get rotated or have their own hybrid role?

Hasn’t he only played like 3 games this year and that is entirely what recruiters are selecting him on?

As in he’s only played 3 notable games. His stats for last year are ****ing shit!
Yep, that's the fun in it. When do you take the punt?
Was best on in his two games for Hailebury this year.

28 and 0.3 in RD1 of the CTL
32 AND 4 goals in RD2 of the CTL.

2.882 20m
93cm running vertical jump
7.807 agility.
ELITE

18's worth the punt in my book. We're best positioned for a flier

Justin Reid last night when asked about pick 4 plans intimated they’re open to many things. Certainly didn’t say that’ll be their pick.

They only have 4 & 64. Have to be considering doubling their selections, whether via futures or (and?) splitting 4. I dunno whether those Draper would rather not Crows reports had merit but it seems a weird thing to be made up.

Am told they met with Jagga this week, but I’m sure they met with many.
Given that O’Brien has been left out for extended periods over the last few years they may try and create a pick for Dodson.

Just my guess. Probably also relies on whether they see Thilthorpe as a ruckman or not.

I’ve made my mind up.

If we are picking Langford then I want him paired with Jagga no one else.
If we are picking Lalor I want him paired with FOS

I’ve watched a bunch of videos today Langford will compliment Jaggas weaknesses and vice versa.

Lalor and FOS find each other constantly

Blair if you read this these are your two choices or you walk to the front gate naked and in chains.

I think you’ll only get 1 of those players mate. They and Draper are the clear top 5.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back