List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Draft night …. If we have 6.

If there’s a player we love remaining we take #6 to the draft. If not, then why not listen to offers from GWS (15,16,21) or others in the teens for their teens pick plus a F1?

I can easily see the likes of Hotton, Reid, Armstrong, Allan going mid-teens and being the superior player to whomever goes at #6.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I'm completely across trading for F1's but what's the point if we think that the better player is available this year? The offer would have to be godfather like for me to consider it if I was in Blair's shoes.
Would depend on which club the offer is coming from.
Bris/Port/Syd/GWS/Dogs/Freo i wouldn't even take the call.
Bombers i would for Dees f1
Cats i would
Pity the Pies gave up theirs to suns.

If we were keen to get Pick 2 I’d love to see us try and work it so we also get Norths future first as they seem willing to part ways with it during trade week.

Hypothetical could be:

We trade 6, 10 and one more of our picks (what pick they ask for would determine whether we see it as worthwhile)

We get pick 2 and their future first ( I can’t see us and north not being the bottom 2 sides next year)

This would still leave us with a great draft hand this year but then would likely give us two very high picks next year.
Could also appeal to North as at 6 and 10 they likely get the key position players they want and then they get another good pick in a strong and even draft.
Imagine 4x top 5 picks in the next 2yrs.
You and i are on a different level than the rest of the campaigners on this board.👍

I wouldn’t have thought young key position players are what determine your ladder position.

Kind of my point, it’s a mature KPP division that won 3 games. These guys are who they are, what’s gonna change to move you up the ladder?

Like I said my insight is just a list google, but 3 guys were under 26 (start of 2025 season) to take over from that mature KPP division and ones a ruck (I think feel free to correct me on Goad). Lot of faith in all 3 making the grade and somehow finding more while drafting mids

From about rounds 15-20 (some 5 week period of the season) norths defence was rated best in the comp. Im actually pretty happy with comben, Logue and corr.

Corr kept Harry McKay to 1 goal, both kings to a combined 1 goal etc. Logue played 1.5 games and looked like his knee was fine, and comben played his first year ever of KPD and was one of the best intercept marks in the comp.

I looked. You had 5 games all year (3 in period you’re quoting) where you kept a team below 100 points, Us, Dees, GC, Dogs and Eagles… not the who’s who of powerful forward lines. Even we managed to keep teams under 100 in 12 games.

I don’t know what metric you’re quoting for best defence in that span? But I don’t for a second believe you were the best in the comp. A quick glance at Melbourne in same time frame copped the following scores against compare to you

15 - 67 vs you (you copped 70 vs dees)
16 - 86 vs lions (77 vs dogs)
17 - 58 vs WC (83 vs GC)
18 - 67 vs ess (138 vs swans)
19 - 116 vs freo (107 vs blues)
20 - 85 vs gws (106 vs cats)

So 479 against vs 590. Even your best 3 games was 230 against to dees 211.

I also think Comben might start switching back to forward depending on how the games going and matchups.

we need to defend the ground better as a team. But those 3 kpd should hold up assuming they can all stay on the park.

Youre the worst intercepting team in the comp with WCE (even we had 130 more than you, that’s 6 extra a game) and you want to move your best intercepting player forward?

Personally ours is Balta and drives me nuts we moved him forward but then again he’s our only decent KPP so we need him to fix every hole.

KPF is clearly the area we would look to first. Assuming Tarau and Armstrong are gone, our F1 would probably only be earmarked for Shanahan or maybe a Whitlock. I’d be interested in GWS 16 and 18 for F1.

Freo as you said a possibility especially with Warner

Everything is possible. But there are plenty of teams looking to buy back into those picks, you probably have the best offer in F1, but others have better picks in late 20s and 30s (after bids) to let GWS/Freo/us to slide. So you’ll be purchasing in sellers market? When is too low for you F1, would you take swans 22 or our 23?

All of the above is probably silly though. Chances are that north have either pick 2 or 3 next year. We could win 8 games, pat ourselves on the back and still pick at 3.

That’s probably Archie ludowyke assuming the tigers don’t pick him when they inevitably win their next spoon.

I wouldn’t put a lot of hope in Ludwyke, athleticism is great but in the Coates games and Futures games I watched, he had a great habit of being where the ball ain’t.

2 for 6 + 18/20 gives you Tauru and a Whitlock/gerryn(stay the **** away I want him)/faull maybe Shanahan if your lucky, Essendon is all over him. It’s genuinely a win win in my book.

IMG_2959.gif

IMG_2960.gif

:p

Armstrong probably isn't as talented as many of the mids, but so many teams like us are desperate for quality KPF.
When discussing his selections he says they're based on talent alone and who he'd select as next cab off the rank, not projected draft positions. Cadman's own Dad said he was shocked he was taken at pick 1 as he's not that good. From memory he wasn't even a guaranteed 1st round pick a few months out from the draft but GWS had a desperate need to replace Cameron so they pounced before anyone else could.

It's crazy how Smillie can kill it majority of the year, then ease off slightly and get shunted up fwd for Vic Metro due to mid depth so his rating drops. Yet Hotton has remained 10 - 12 all year without playing. For mine a knee reco at 17 is a massive worry and gamble that should push them out of 1st round calculations. Look at Judson he's now had 2 knee recos at 20. Not many players bounce back after a 3rd. Same as Trainor for mine he should be pushed back to 25 - 30 minimum as he's 2 concussions away from being Paddy McCartin.

Will Ashcroft did an ACL at 19yo and just won the Norm Smith medal. I agree it’s a factor, but getting out off the scent of players due to injury concerns can be very costly : Judd, Selwood as two prime examples who would’ve been certain #1’s without injury queries in their draft year.

just don't get the trading out to next year or back.
we need A plus talent, we have the opportunity to get that.
I get 2 to 6 and get the best 2 mids but personally I want to use or picks.
Its a great Draft!! use our picks, Don't give them to another team we are on the quick rebuild.
Next years draft is no were near this one from all accounts.
we will never get this opportunity again.
Just my opinion.

Do GWS trade 15,16,21 for 6 and a F2? Do we do that deal?

Smillie or Hotton, Shanahan and Whitlock?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i agree jagga, and langford at 6

i still think smillie is a gun but not willing to die on that hill

Let's say we keep 6 and Langford and Smillie are there for the taking. I like the look of Langford but his lack of pace doesn't sit well. We already have Taranto, Prestia, Hopper, Ross, and McAuliffe who don't possess breakaway speed.

Langford has a neat left foot on him, good overhead, and is always good for a goal. It helps he's a tiger supporter.

But some are forgetting how good of a player Smillie is. I know at times seems like he is coasting but his 3.08 secs stood out in the combine and has that breakaway speed. His decision making and kicking to advantage is sublime. He tackles hard also.

If they are both there at 6, im leaning towards Josh.

Would depend on which club the offer is coming from.
Bris/Port/Syd/GWS/Dogs/Freo i wouldn't even take the call.
Bombers i would for Dees f1
Cats i would
Pity the Pies gave up theirs to suns.
I guess that the Dees F1 might be the only one, bloody Cats always seem to land on their feet.

The ructions at the Dees could/will see them implode next year. I think they missed a trick by not shopping Petraccoon, could've got a couple of first round picks, probably should have jettisoned Clarry too but he's looking like damaged goods.

Tiges are going to be ecstatic to choose the gun we pick at 6, if we stick.
And absolutely rapt to get whoever we call at 10.
Delighted with pick 11 guy, who we expect will win us games of football.
Thrilled with our selection at 18.
And forever grateful player X, who we ranked at 10, lasted to 20.

Infatuation & confidence would need to be very very large to sell a couple of those for who we get at 2.
Blair: “it’s a very good draft. And it’s even”

the wrong pattern.

i look for other stats frankly.

he simply could be a good politician or connected
I just picture you sitting in a bean bag watching horror movies giggling.

Sorting m&m’s and smarties colors, smoking lollie fads while thinking how to get to the next level of trollism

If St Kilda offered picks 7 & 8 for 1. Would we take it?

edb6890886cc8e0895e3060171a99dd6.jpg

I just picture you sitting in a bean bag watching horror movies giggling.

Sorting m&m’s and smarties colors, smoking lollie fads while thinking how to get to the next level of trollism
Magic is playing 4D chess while the rest of us are still playing checkers

I guess that the Dees F1 might be the only one, bloody Cats always seem to land on their feet.

The ructions at the Dees could/will see them implode next year. I think they missed a trick by not shopping Petraccoon, could've got a couple of first round picks, probably should have jettisoned Clarry too but he's looking like damaged goods.
Problem with both Petracca & OliverSlots is the length of their contracts.Then there is the off field issue with Slots.

That’s all assuming absolutely no one bites off our hand for pick 3/4 2025. Come draft night I’ll be shocked if no one from pick 9 onwards doesn’t want a top 3 pick next year.

But the tiger supporters have made clear that no one will want pick 3 2025 so I guess that’s moot
Jeez, man. 15 wins in 5 seasons and bottom 3 again next year? Oh well, I guess you'll get a nice pick when LDU walks.

The fact is everyone wants to be in this draft and clubs were giving away F1s with abandon. You have picks 2 and 62 so will want to get back in (you get a Larkey at 70 once a decade if you're lucky - that ain't a recruiting plan). You will be buying in a sellers' market, competing with clubs who will offer pick slides in 2024 along with their F1s.

There will be a point where it's not worth it to you and you settle for the two picks you can sell pick 2 for, plus pick 62, and keep your F1.

Chances are that north have either pick 2 or 3 next year. We could win 8 games, pat ourselves on the back and still pick at 3.

That’s probably Archie ludowyke assuming the tigers don’t pick him when they inevitably win their next spoon.
Fair dinkum. Coming to our board and throwing barbs about spoons. When you've been bottom-2 for half a decade and expect to be next year. And we're coming off an era of three flags in four years - your leech of a club has won four in 100 years.

The best thing about Tassie coming in is Tassie deserves a team. The second-best thing is it'll hasten Norf's inevitable exodus from the AFL. Fewer people will care than when they euthanised Fitzroy. Hopefully they don't kill your club and let you slide back to the VFL to compete with your peers like Port Melbourne.

Pick one will be pick one (if you know what I mean), but, if Smilie and Armstrong are there with the next two picks, I'll possibly flip out if we overlook them. They address two needs. Massive bull mid and classy forward. But, I know, what I want and what I'll get. Two different things.
Lalor is a bull mid.

Anyway we are keen on Smillie. Either at 6 or 10.

Totally agree Balta's best position is back and our backline functions much better when he is back. The one I would like to see tried as the big key forward is Blight. The kids has great judgement and can mark really well when he gets to play on his terms in the VFL. Playing forward at AFL may suit him better. I don't know if you could play him alongside Lynch but if Lynch wasn't playing then Blight should be the player moved forward.
Blight is too slow to be a forward (and back, I reckon). 50/50 to be on the list in 2026.

View attachment 2147245

What about playing Koschitzke in the Backs and relieve Nank in the Ruck?
Yes to the first part. Hard for backs to relieve ruck because you can't rest a ruckman in the backline.

Yze should have trialed Kosi at FB with Balta forward/ruck.

It'll be pick 3 which means should be similar to what Carlton gave up for the previous 3 (12 &14).

Given our picks 10&11 will be 13&14 (Ashcroft, Lombard, Kako bids) that feels right.

Pick 2 for 10&11.

If they're insistent on pick 6, then I'd be hoping it's 2 for 6&20- wouldn't give them 18 as they'll go tall again and likely pick a player we want at our next pick.

1,2,6,18,20,23,24 -then trade back/out pick 23 and/or24 for a future 1st and something late in this draft for Davidson

Take 5-6 kids + Davidson
Get at least 1-2 future firsts next year
I would rather give 6 & 20 than 10 & 11.

pick 6 is cursed. Thankfully it will actually be 7 or 8 which are much better
And Norf will have it.

Draft night …. If we have 6.

If there’s a player we love remaining we take #6 to the draft. If not, then why not listen to offers from GWS (15,16,21) or others in the teens for their teens pick plus a F1?

I can easily see the likes of Hotton, Reid, Armstrong, Allan going mid-teens and being the superior player to whomever goes at #6.
I reckon all those blokes bar maybe Reid are gone by 15.

Imagine 4x top 5 picks in the next 2yrs.
You and i are on a different level than the rest of the campaigners on this board.👍
Pick 10 this year is better than pick 5 next year. There are 20 6-15 type kids in this draft.

Don't think he's going top 4 so wouldn't say no chance.
Don't think he goes to Carlton/Crows?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back