List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Let's say we keep 6 and Langford and Smillie are there for the taking. I like the look of Langford but his lack of pace doesn't sit well. We already have Taranto, Prestia, Hopper, Ross, and McAuliffe who don't possess breakaway speed.

Langford has a neat left foot on him, good overhead, and is always good for a goal. It helps he's a tiger supporter.

But some are forgetting how good of a player Smillie is. I know at times seems like he is coasting but his 3.08 secs stood out in the combine and has that breakaway speed. His decision making and kicking to advantage is sublime. He tackles hard also.

If they are both there at 6, im leaning towards Josh.

Remove how slow Langford is and imagine him paired with Jagga. Both there weaknesses combat by each and work in harmony.
That’s what I see. If you want Jagga take Langford.
If you want Lalor take FOS
These combinations are extremely good. I was off the Langford train till I watched his clips and thought if he had someone with speed to help his lack of it and bang could see him and Jagga be deadly.

Remove how slow Langford is and imagine him paired with Jagga. Both there weaknesses combat by each and work in harmony.
These combinations are extremely good. I was off the Langford train till I watched his clips and thought if he had someone with speed to help his lack of it and bang could see him and Jagga be deadly.

It's not that I don't rate Langford. I just think we have many inside mids who don't have pace and all we would be doing is adding another albeit he can go forward but if I'm choosing between two players around 6ft 3", I'm going with Smillie who has pace and is a better kick and decision-maker.

Can you imagine Lalor (1) and Smillie (6).

Personally think we are going to get two guns whether it is pick 1 and 2 or 1 and 6

Richmond can bid on the FS/Academy players, but in actuality they do not have access to them:
  • Ashcroft (won't bid as part of the pick swap)
  • Lombard (won't bid as part of the Rioli deal - provided junk picks)
  • Kako (Essendon have enough junk picks)
Do the picks slide back or retain their value to acquire the talent that is available?

Well technically the picks lose value (points wise) but agree, doesn't change the players available to us

I'm leaning towards not trading up to get pick 2 and drafting a couple of key forwards after pick 11. Keep pick 6 for best available mid.

Stuff Cadman for 2 first rounders. Use next years first and seconds on mids. Trade out pick 23 for say Geelongs 2025 first and we will have something like picks 1, 15 and 19.

It's not that I don't rate Langford. I just think we have many inside mids who don't have pace and all we would be doing is adding another albeit he can go forward but if I'm choosing between two players around 6ft 3", I'm going with Smillie who has pace and is a better kick and decision-maker.

Can you imagine Lalor (1) and Smillie (6).

Personally think we are going to get two guns whether it is pick 1 and 2 or 1 and 6

Yeah I don’t know i probably wouldn’t be happy with Lalor and smilie.

Lalor fos works well is the most damaging high impact combination of the draft

Jagga & langford or Jagga & smilie works well
Langford looks like he could be the best of the draft he is a work horse. But his potential isn’t like FOS or like Lalor.

I was off Jagga purely because he doesn’t damage at all handball first, can’t kick etc but you pair that with Langford and in my eyes it’s absolutely elite. Langford has everything Jagga doesn’t and vice versa. Both ball winning and clearance winning machines.

They’ll be taking their bat and ball and going home with bottom lip dragging along the ground.
They must covet someone, who they’re confident will be there.

If it’s FOS, and supposedly it’s Lalor & Finn as clear top 2 (🤔), then 3 won’t be enough.

So, they either really want someone else who’ll be there at 3 (who?), or FOS will get passed over twice.

Or you know just get FOS and Lalor and not worry about covering weakness such as a lack of pace or lack of aerial prowess and physicality of our two top mids of the new era.

I'm leaning towards not trading up to get pick 2 and drafting a couple of key forwards after pick 11. Keep pick 6 for best available mid.

Stuff Cadman for 2 first rounders. Use next years first and seconds on mids. Trade out pick 23 for say Geelongs 2025 first and we will have something like picks 1, 15 and 19.

If you get two KPF and one fails you’ve still spent 2 first round picks for one KPF, at least Cadman has shown he’ll be good at AFL level.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jeez, man. 15 wins in 5 seasons and bottom 3 again next year? Oh well, I guess you'll get a nice pick when LDU walks.

The fact is everyone wants to be in this draft and clubs were giving away F1s with abandon. You have picks 2 and 62 so will want to get back in (you get a Larkey at 70 once a decade if you're lucky - that ain't a recruiting plan). You will be buying in a sellers' market, competing with clubs who will offer pick slides in 2024 along with their F1s.

There will be a point where it's not worth it to you and you settle for the two picks you can sell pick 2 for, plus pick 62, and keep your F1.

Fair dinkum. Coming to our board and throwing barbs about spoons. When you've been bottom-2 for half a decade and expect to be next year. And we're coming off an era of three flags in four years - your leech of a club has won four in 100 years.

The best thing about Tassie coming in is Tassie deserves a team. The second-best thing is it'll hasten Norf's inevitable exodus from the AFL. Fewer people will care than when they euthanised Fitzroy. Hopefully they don't kill your club and let you slide back to the VFL to compete with your peers like Port Melbourne.

Lalor is a bull mid.

Anyway we are keen on Smillie. Either at 6 or 10.

Blight is too slow to be a forward (and back, I reckon). 50/50 to be on the list in 2026.

Yes to the first part. Hard for backs to relieve ruck because you can't rest a ruckman in the backline.

Yze should have trialed Kosi at FB with Balta forward/ruck.

I would rather give 6 & 20 than 10 & 11.

And Norf will have it.

I reckon all those blokes bar maybe Reid are gone by 15.

Pick 10 this year is better than pick 5 next year. There are 20 6-15 type kids in this draft.

Don't think he goes to Carlton/Crows?

It’s not a “barb”

You’ve traded out 1/3 of your best 22, which was already a spoon winning team.

You’re winning the spoon next year.

Is that controversial?

Yeah I don’t know i probably wouldn’t be happy with Lalor and smilie.

Lalor fos works well is the most damaging high impact combination of the draft

Jagga & langford or Jagga & smilie works well
Langford looks like he could be the best of the draft he is a work horse. But his potential isn’t like FOS or like Lalor.

I was off Jagga purely because he doesn’t damage at all handball first, can’t kick etc but you pair that with Langford and in my eyes it’s absolutely elite. Langford has everything Jagga doesn’t and vice versa. Both ball winning and clearance winning machines.
jagga goes at 82 percent disposal efficiency

Or you know just get FOS and Lalor and not worry about covering weakness such as a lack of pace or lack of aerial prowess and physicality of our two top mids of the new era.

I will say though Harvey has a better skill set than Bont. At a Coates levels he is far superior. But I am starting to like more of the top 7 than have a clearly defined decision which will break my heart if it doesn’t pan out😂

I still want the Double mate with cheese combo FOS and Lalor

The negative fans here MIA after a masterclass by our recruiting draft team.
Congrats Richmond.
Now waiting for some back page headlines like Collingwood are getting for securing one player lol.
The polarising Tigers.
#EatEmAlive

My 2 cents worth
I think if we have 1 and 2 we take Lalor and FOS
If we have 1 and 6 it will be Lalor at 1
and at 6 one of Langford ..Smilie or Reid in that order ..my concern with taking Lalor and Langford is they are similar types but at least it would shut the " no short people, only draft big bodies mids" cadre on here up. So their is that at least

I’m torn. I want Lalor at 1 because I think he can compliment our other draftee more.

If we get 2 without giving up too much then fos and Lalor seems a good option. But Langford or Smillie with Lalor at 6 works for me as well.

I see Lalor as more unique than the others so easier to get a pairing with. If he plays 75% forward/ 25% midfield then whoever else we pick switches with him it’d be a damaging combo.

Hotton crumbing. Pick up a KPF later (key forwards are more miss than hit I feel) and Geryn late seems a must. He’ll be getting experience until Nank is coming to an end

I don’t know who the fast winger/back flanks are but we need a couple of them too. I think our backs are ok if gibcus can stay on the park with balta

The negative fans here MIA after a masterclass by our recruiting draft team.
Congrats Richmond.
Now waiting for some back page headlines like Collingwood are getting for securing one player lol.
The polarising Tigers.
#EatEmAlive
pies fans jump off quicker than anyone else

thats why the cfl and cfl media pump them up even when they shart under the doona

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back