List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

We’d be forced to shut up shop
Nah North should be on the rise now. Too much quality in that side to finish bottom 4 again.
If it's bottom 4 again, I'd argue that Clarkson can't formulate a game plan to suit modern footy.

I'm sure that's not the case though.

You'd be the only one on the North board. Seems to be a lot there that think there are no stars in this draft. Admittedly that only started recently when looked like you guys would trade down.

I think it’s more a case of rarely drafting KPP.

The top 5 are average draft quality imo.

Then it’s throw a blanket over 15-20 more

Then throw another blanket over 30 odd

Definitely think the standout feature of the draft other than the evenness is the large group of draftable KPP, though there are no standouts. The fact people talk about Tarau being pick 6 is case in point. Achieved absolutely nothing and would only go that high on potential.

Pick 2 future 1st for
6/11/18/23 leaves you
1/2/10/24
2025 your 1st our 1st could be two top 5 picks
Austin Powers No GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gee North fans are bloody desperate for all our top picks 🤣

It's like they think we don't realize this is a deep draft so we must be keen on their future pick with pick2. Using the crap reasoning of "we don't want to draft too many kids in one draft"

What a load of BS.

Get 2 first.
5 & 9 for 1
7 & 8 for 1
See how desperate Dees & stk are.
2/5/9/10/11/18/23/24
Or
2/7/8/10/11/18/23/24
I like it . I would give 1 and 18 for 5 and 9.

Edit :maybe not 18

Last edited:
I like it . I would give 1 and 18 for 5 and 9.

Edit :maybe not 18
They won’t do it
But
On the basis that there is no clear #1 if either came up and asked the question I'd do it without hesitation.

You don't handle business this way. This isn't Aldi where 2l of milk cost $2.55 take it or leave it. By your logic Dan Huston netted Port x + y so we should've got near to x + y for rioli when reality is we got ( x+ y) x 2. Carltons price is irrelevant to us.
???

It's take it or leave it because we don't need to do the trade. We set the price. Even draft. I think we're agreeing pal. Only if it suits us.

10+11 was an example of unders for pick 2, probably doubt we're super interested in that. We're on the same side

Pick 2 future 1st for
6/11/18/23 leaves you
1/2/10/24
okay

I will bite

RFC 2025 future first for pick 2 from North, so if we finish last, and what do we really gain from rising in 2025?? North get to pick the best talent including any KPP or whatever, maybe Sharp maybe someone better. Either way in later years Tassie is coming for us, we need to hit the draft now and it is not like we are death riding other teams

even a good second round pick will be important for RFC next year and why not us play the kids and develop? Bolton left Rioli best and fairest left

We are not beating the likes of Brisbane in any GF with other teams loading up

in this scenario North is death riding RFC and would have incentive to beat us a couple of times next year if we play them presumably as cellar dwellers

North do not have to worry about speculating with pick 2 or not, they could have pick one next year from RFC and can launch next year especially against RFC for their own draft benefit. Next year they have a better idea who they want and remember next year better chance for North to chase FA, if they rise, or not and build how they want with more info on Norths development. So North next year could get FA and pick one in 2025 draft as a selling point to really rise up even further

with a future first from RFC, and just say it is pick one 2025, North has the flexibility to do what it wants with it depending on how North goes in 2025, it can keep it, trade it into 2026, trade it for a gun young player that has emerges, the ball is really in North's court with more info after 2025 year how the North's list is at and as David King would say have a better idea of where your at and make the better decision with the asset you have to maximise North''s grow/development success etc..

Last edited:
I would expect you guys to win between 8-12 games

Not to turn this wonderful thread into a “Norf”athon but there is a key point your are missing.

North don’t know how to win.

If we are infront and see the finish line, we shit the bed and start running into each other.

All our wins were lucky, despite being the better team 80% of the game.

Not to turn this wonderful thread into a “Norf”athon but there is a key point your are missing.

North don’t know how to win.

If we are infront and see the finish line, we shit the bed and start running into each other.

All our wins were lucky, despite being the better team 80% of the game.
Yes we all rode that Collingwood game with you, you useless campaigners

Angry Ufc GIF

No shit I left at 3qrt time.

That’s how broken I am.

I thought we let west coast get back infront the week before and we were only 23 points up at 3 qrt time. The pies are gaurunteed to come back from 30.
It's the trap we've got to be careful not to fall into.

2010 we looked well on our way, with worst team ever & they need priority picks at half way point to then not even winning the spoon.

Next year will be rough but need to start climbing in 2026.

You guys have had it rough with the covid draft and mummy's boy setting you back.

Pick 2 future 1st for
6/11/18/23 leaves you
1/2/10/24
Forgot the laughing emojis as normally that's fair & what would cost for a top 2 & potential top 5 future pick. But I feel Blair & the club have worked too hard & sold off to much experience to only really draft 3 players with 1, 2 & 10. If we have a crystal ball & can see all 3 being 200+ gamers with a future leader in there than yes, but we all know it's normally about a 50% strike rate.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back