List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

we could've just traded pick 11 and Baker for pick 3, missed opportunity.
That means we would have had accept picks 11 and 18 from Fremantle for Bolton
Draft hand would have been 1,3,6,18,20,23,24 cf 1,6,10,11,18,20,23,24

10+ 11 > 3

Here's a Doozy - if we were to trade out 23 & 24 for future 1sts, who would you like to trade them with? Or to put it another way, who are you most keen on death riding next yr?
I death ride Cats and Pies every year. The best teams for pick trading…WC and North don’t need a mention. Dees culture looks shot though.

Hey guys I come in peace

What would you guys think about us giving you Melbourne's F1 or our F1 and our F3 for your 11 this year? If you would prefer to spread your picks over 2 years rather than placing it all on one draft this could be a win-win.
No thanks

Nobodies saying he's a superstar and the next Dusty ffs's. Where people are frustrated is that we had 4 list spots, club said we'd take 3 players then only took 2. He was already in our system, could slot straight in no moving states, learning the Coaches, game plan, getting a feel for our players etc. He was killing it in magoos and critically to us at the time kicking goals regularly in a team basically made up of a patchwork of suburban mids. Our fwd line was dreadful with plenty of players like Graham, MRJ, Campbell, Samson having lean patches where some wouldn't kick a goal for several to 6-8 weeks.

Mid season rookies basically get a 6 month contract of $50k. Our injury list was 10 -12 deep at the time with several in the 22 in and out from several injuries. Some people watch a lot of VFL and it was bloody obvious at the time that Davidson was special...... fast forward to he ended up winning that award where the previous 17 winners all got drafted straight after. We've got complete duds like Dow and Ryan on our list for varying reasons. Neither are AFL standard, they do bugger all at VFL too. People are p1ssed that the club had a perfect chance to get Davidson for nothing and squandered it. Durham, Dambrosio, McDonaugh were all stolen from under our nose where by virtue of being up the top we didn't have much chance of getting them.

We had the perfect chance for Davidson and the club 💩 the bed. Not all players are superstars and majority of our recent 1st round selections were all lost to AFL by 22/23. Some club will get Davidson before us and who knows how good his career will pan out. But he should've been ours for nothing.
Thank you. And at a time when KMac and Tom Brown were our best marking forwards..! The club is hilariously incompetent currently.

The only reason we aren't all rioting is the hope that they can follow the newspaper draft guides and get us some talent in after all our star mid-age players walked out for draft picks. They obviously can't see talent directly under their noses.

The idea that the worst team in the comp didn't need to a free 6-month look at the best kid in the VFL... Jesus wept!

Hey guys I come in peace

What would you guys think about us giving you Melbourne's F1 or our F1 and our F3 for your 11 this year? If you would prefer to spread your picks over 2 years rather than placing it all on one draft this could be a win-win.
To he honest, I can see pick 20 or 24 being used to trade with a side for future firsts, especially if the bid for your bloke comes in early, you can take that hit and then come back in on a f1

Thank you. And at a time when KMac and Tom Brown were our best marking forwards..! The club is hilariously incompetent currently.

The only reason we aren't all rioting is the hope that they can follow the newspaper draft guides and get us some talent in after all our star mid-age players walked out for draft picks. They obviously can't see talent directly under their noses.

The idea that the worst team in the comp didn't need to a free 6-month look at the best kid in the VFL... Jesus wept!
Go have a listen to the recent Davidson interview, he said himself he didn’t deserve to get drafted based on his output at the time of the mid season draft. Our recruiters and a dozen other clubs agreed. Give it a rest FFS, most intelligent people have moved on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s not a “barb”

You’ve traded out 1/3 of your best 22, which was already a spoon winning team.

You’re winning the spoon next year.

Is that controversial?
red kangaroo eating GIF

Trade 6 and 18 with North for 2 and F2.

Pick 1 - Richmond - Sam Lalor
Pick 2 - Richmond - Finn O'Sullivan
Pick 3 - Brisbane - Levi Ashcroft
Pick 4 - Carlton - Sid Draper
Pick 5 - Adelaide - Jagga Smith
Pick 6 - Melbourne - Josh Smillie
Pick 7 - North Melbourne - Alixander Tauru
Pick 8 - Suns - Leo Lombard
Pick 9 - Essendon - Isaac Kako
Pick 10 - Saints - Harvey Langford
Pick 11 - Saints - Murphy Reid
Pick 12 - Melbourne - Harry Armstrong
Pick 13 - Richmond - Tobie Travaglia
Pick 14 - Richmond - Xavier Lindsay
Pick 15 - West Coast - Bo Allan
Pick 16 - Port - Jobe Shanahan
Pick 17 - Fremantle - Hamish Davis
Pick 18 - Giants - Joe Berry
Pick 19 - Giants - Jesse Dattoli
Pick 20 - Brisbane - Sam Marshall
Pick 21 - Geelong - Taj Hotton
Pick 22 - North - Luke Trainor
Pick 23 - Sydney - Jack Whitlock
Pick 24 - Richmond - Jonty Faull
Pick 25 - Giants - Tom Gross
Pick 26 - Sydney - Matt Whitlock
Pick 27 - Richmond - Ollie Hannaford
----------------------------------------------------
Rich 28 - Richmond - Trade to highest bidder

I see our picks having similarities to Martin, Cotchin, Vlastuin, Houli, Riewoldt, Lambert

Results in a 2025 draft hand (based on positions this year) of 1, ~10, 19, 20, 55, 73

Another 4 top-20 picks, and match Kellaway bid with 55.

Don’t forget Sam Davidson won the VFL best and fairest

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

So?

I reckon we'll take Armstrong if he's there at 10. Don't want Shanahan. Like Sims. We'll probably pick J.Whitlock at 20. There's value in talls later: Mraz, O'Farrell as well. We don't need to reach at 10/11 when the quick players we need are there.
I don't think Armstrong is there at 10

That's what I'm saying.. depending on how we rate the talls in the draft it might give us a good insight into what we do with our picks and whether we trade to 2 or keep 6.

We are apparently keen on Whitlocks and haven't heard us linked much to Armstrong or Shanahan. If that's the case and we think they're at a same level, then trade 6&20 to North for 2- pick the best 2mid combo. In that scenario we shouldn't give north 18 as that's going to be used on a tall, so we need to jump first.

If we are rating Armstrong the best KPF then we shouldn't be using 6 to trade up to 2. We take best mid at 1 and then Armstrong at 6.

We absolutely must draft a highly rated KPF. Bauer showed some good signs last year and LeFau the same but we need one that's going to be Elite.

For what it's worth I rate that as Jonty Faull

Last edited:
I’d offer Saints Picks 10/11 & F3 for 7/8
Then we have 1,6,7,8,18,20,23,24
then I think the top 10/12 selections could be something like
1. Lalor / Tigs
2. Ashcroft ac/bid /Lions
3 Tauru /Roos
4. O’Sillivan / Blues
5. Draper / Crows
6. Armstrong / Dees
7. Lombard ac/bid / Suns
8. Smith / Tigs
9. Whitlock / Tigs
10. Whitlock / Tigs
11. Langford /Dees
12.Travaglia / Saints

won't next year's draft be the most compromised ever? there are supposed to be 15 FS and academy players in the top 30 pool

trading into that seems a bit daft
Yeah, starting position on every proposal would be that we’d rather not.
Slide back, not out.
And nothing before 11 (hopefully Allan still on on the board & Freo bring us 14 & something good like F1 for F2). If it’s not overs, no thanks

Not selling gold for tin.

won't next year's draft be the most compromised ever? there are supposed to be 15 FS and academy players in the top 30 pool

trading into that seems a bit daft
It seems to be a media narrative every year tbh.
Remember the talk of Carlton needing picks to match the twins? They look unlikely to go top 30 now.

I think we'd be mad to trade pick 6, there will be aa top tier player still there no matter how you look at it.
Nobody is suggesting trading it.

People are suggesting to upgrade it to 2 so we guarantee our choice of one of those aa top tier players and not risking having to take someone we rated lower than the rest.

The cost of that decision is a pick 18/20/23 depending on what we can agree with North. We are much less likely to find a 200 game player with that pick. Could be a Noah Balta or could be a Patty Naish.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back