List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Cool

Now there is a reason why you are posting in this thread after the trade period finished
Your trying to determine what Richmond supporters opinion / View is about trading for pick #2 from what i gather.

Richmond supporters would 'Like' Pick #2 and most believe it will pair up FOS/Lalor combo but at a cost
I dont think you will find many or any that would do that trade for anything more than #6 + #18 at best and some believe #20 or #23. Now i can understand North supporters would think thats unders but thats normal

Recruiters will not be looking at it as draft pick numbers but more the players available at these selections
For Richmond my view is #10 + #11 are way too precious to give up due to my preferences of players available at the picks. Travaglia , Berry , Hotton , Allan or there might be a slider like Smillie / Langford. There are just so many options

But i would be certain none of the above would hold any interest for Nort as they are not KPP
If there in no trade FOS , Tauru , Hotton , Berry would be a fantastic result

But if the trade did eventuate for #6 + #18 Then FOS , Lalor , Hotton , Berry would also be a fantastic haul for the 4 selections.

Now what North supporters need to take into consideration is we are not wed to any of these players and might rate the kids differently and decide we would rather go Jagga at pick 1 Smille at #6 and Allan and Hotton with 10+11
I have seen so many threads where the mids in this year specially fos being rated against past draft that included
Sheezel , Wardlaw , Ashcroft , Reid , JHF , McKercher and a few others and some are saying FOS would be like 8th - 12th amongst these mids.

So How do we justify giving up picks #6 + #10/#11 for a midfielder thats not expected to be up there with the above mentioned players it just doesnt make sense to trade 2 x valuable assets if that is the case.

If the trade gets done under Richmonds terms i think it gets through but if the demand is too high im sure blair would rather just take our picks and im sure north will find away to trade down but with what Brady mentioned not wanting to trade more than 3-4 places and StKilda wanting the same type of players as North it only really leaves Melbourne as the trade partner and they dont have the assets they would want to give up to satisfy North.

The way i see it its Richmond for #6 + #18 or take the pick #2 at the draft
Trading Norths F1 wont get a better pick than #15 in this draft for 2 reasons 1st is this draft is considered an extremely deep draft that is level in talent from 7/8 - 20 and 2025 is considered shallow. 2nd reason is North are expected to be the team that finally has to improve hence the willingness for Brady to publicly declare he wants to trade out F1

But im confident Blair hartley will get the best deal for Richmond when dealing with Brady Gonzo
👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼
This sums up the last 40 pages, so do we just close up the thread for the next month?

All good mate. Im in this thread because

1: it’s been an entertaining read throughout the back half of the year

2: norths pick 2 is closely aligned with your pick 1

3: there is a chance at a trade

But honestly I’m perfectly happy using pick 2 on whoever is deemed best suited to north out of smith, fos, Lalor, Draper and Langford.

I won’t be unhappy if we trade down, and won’t be upset if that’s 2 for 6 and 18.

All good.

6&18 would be if we're super keen at #2. I actually think given what Blair has said about the evenness of the draft pick 6&20 would be the offer.

Few reasons for this:
  1. If North do that trade, it's to take 2 talls and means we're going mids first 4 picks. We would want to ensure we can use pick 18 on a tall before north.
  2. It's a great sell back to the supporter base. We use 6 and essentially all our shuffling back in last years draft (which accumulated the late picks which went to Brisbane for 20) to get pick 2 in the draft.
  3. Pick 20 is still paying a premium first round pick for a 4 spot upgrade. It's a large price to pay given there's an even ranking of the first 4-5 players.
  4. North could realistically get Tauru at 6 and Trainor at 20- only 2 months ago there was talk of taking Trainor at 2 so this would be a huge coup for North. If trainor goes mid teens then there's still 3-4 good tall forwards available at 20 (with Whitlocks, Faull,Gerryn,simms all rated in the 20s.
Does 6&20 get it done?

6&18 would be if we're super keen at #2. I actually think given what Blair has said about the evenness of the draft pick 6&20 would be the offer.

Few reasons for this:
  1. If North do that trade, it's to take 2 talls and means we're going mids first 4 picks. We would want to ensure we can use pick 18 on a tall before north.
  2. It's a great sell back to the supporter base. We use 6 and essentially all our shuffling back in last years draft (which accumulated the late picks which went to Brisbane for 20) to get pick 2 in the draft.
  3. Pick 20 is still paying a premium first round pick for a 4 spot upgrade. It's a large price to pay given there's an even ranking of the first 4-5 players.
  4. North could realistically get Tauru at 6 and Trainor at 20- only 2 months ago there was talk of taking Trainor at 2 so this would be a huge coup for North. If trainor goes mid teens then there's still 3-4 good tall forwards available at 20 (with Whitlocks, Faull,Gerryn,simms all rated in the 20s.
Does 6&20 get it done?
Nth have screwed themselves

They have to trade Pick2, because F1 is not worth anything more than Freos pick 14 at best

So what is Pick2 + F1 worth to us, it depends on the difference we see between FOS, and Tauru/Smillie

Not sure there is a big difference, and is it worth Pick 18 ( Hotton/Dattoli/Whitlock ) ?

Forget the picks, the decision is FOS or Smillie and Whitlock

I love FOS, but, I do not think this is going to happen for Pick 6

It’s the aints so it’s possible
Get a dwarf and a cigarette lighter and it's a done deal. Won't even need the F3 pick.

Willem Dafoe Smile GIF

This is absurd. Both Saints first round picks slide back 3 spots for a pick next year that will be in the 40s that we have already traded.
What if we don't tell them they have to fight to the death with Freo for the F3?

secret smell GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will just depend how well they can play as a forward or behind the ball imo

Don’t think any will get any significant midfield minutes in the first year apart from the odd cameo

It would probably be counter intuitive to play them all in the same side as well

I think 10 games will be a realistic expectation depending on the player

We have a few guys who should probably get a crack first as well like Kmac2 and even Sonsie potentially
This is the thing that the so-called experts in the media have not even considered when carrying on about out 8 picks in the first 24. We simply cannot create enough opportunities for 8 top line kids to get the time they deserve next year. Remember that many kids from the 22 draft have not got to 30 games yet. This was the frustrating thing last season when we played older players ahead of the kids. Four early picks and one late pick would seem to be the limit in my opinion.

What precise time does the draft start & when does R1 normally finish?

Absolute disaster of a scheduling issue with a client gala thing on the same night. And I have to do a speech. Horrendous.

Here's a Doozy - if we were to trade out 23 & 24 for future 1sts, who would you like to trade them with? Or to put it another way, who are you most keen on death riding next yr?
Essendon are under massive pressure and would be vulnerable to be forcing a deal like that upon themselves. They have pick 5 (from Melbourne) and 8 based on 2024 ladder positions.

More realistically I would only trade 1 of those two to a likely top 8 team. Gold Coast might be willing to part with their future first rounder from Port or Collingwood.

Absolute disaster of a scheduling issue with a client gala thing on the same night. And I have to do a speech. Horrendous.
Had that issue in 2004 , had a national sales conference presenting .

Nightmare , truth is should not have bothered they where mostly duds

Draft this year starts at 7.30 they reckon

All wrapped up by 9 pm

Tape it and watch it on delay like it’s live if you can is my advice .

Or get them to move the event lol

Shaping up as the most exciting night of the year 👍

Other thing to consider is

Pick 18 this year is worth something f1 +f2 in 2025 to a top 4 team on draft .

So why would he give it to nth as well pick 6?

So 6+ 18 = 2

Smillie + Whitlock ( f1+f2 ) = fos

Cancel it mate. This will be the Richmond football clubs defining night for the next 15 years.

Cmon it’s nowhere near magic delusions haha. It won’t happen but it’s basically giving say 6&23 for pick 2 this year and 11&18 for pick 3 or 4 next year. And we still have 1or 2 next year as well most likely.
You're missing the main point. This draft is far superior than what's expected next year.

Clubs are trading their F1 and F2 for picks in the teens this year.

That hypothetical is doing the opposite and adding twice as much to it- one F1 for 2x teens picks.

Trading out 11,18 should net us 2x F1 and 2x F2- not 1x F1 in total

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back