List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Don’t like Seth or Steely?
Seth I think will be a wing. Steely I'm not convinced. I think you can play all of them anyway as Hotton will take some midfield minutes.

GWS run around with about 10 of them 😆

I wouldn't believe a word that comes out of Blair's mouth even if he was hooked to a lie detector.

"It's even" is the draft version of "he's contracted" in Blair's game of Bend over fellow List Manager.
He really is the Tony Soprano of list managers
IMG_0041.gif

Oh hey draft thread, I hath returned to enjoy the new chapter of FOS vs Lalor rather than FOS vs Jagga.

There's a common denominator and he is the one we should take with pick 1. Unless we get pick 2 then we select FOS with pick 2 just so the Blues feel the excruciating pain of us taking him a pick before them.
Blues are bluffing they are not after FOS but Lalor - reminds you of Carlton Coach Voss ?

If we are trading for pick 2, I'd rather Lalor & Smith. Not convinced on FOS at such a high pick.

Take out the number and focus on the player. I think the consensus is that FOS would be a higher target for us than Smith, and the best chance of getting FOS is obviously at pick 2.

I don’t mind the combination of Lalor and Jagga that said.

I like it but think we have to take one of the quick forwards (Hotton, Berry, Hannaford) at 10 or 11. Would have hoped for 1 at 18 but I definitely fear it pans out this way and they all go between our 11 & 18.

I think so. Think between 11-18 there are some teams that won’t have the exact player they need, which may see them sway towards a small forward. If we want one me have to ‘reach’ a little

Dees won’t take a key forward. They’ve taken 2 in the first round of last 3 drafts.

Oliver is a mess, Petracca coming of an injury to an internal organ and Viney is 31. Rivers is their only young mid who’ll play inside consistently. It’ll be Langford/Jagga at 5 depending on crows and Reid at 9 or Lindsay/Travaglia if Reid’s gone hoping they transition into centre bounce mids.

Quite possibly correct. Having a chance to get Lindsay or Travagalia to replace Brayshaw may be their go. If that’s the case I suspect we’d target Armstrong of 10/11 and the back end of the draft may look quite different.

North only have picks 2 & 68, where did 19 come from ?

Two trades in my mock, Essendon and North both giving F1 +. North want to get back in the draft and will either do it by splitting pick 2 (most likely with RFC) or by using its F1 to trade back in. Think this draft only really is, Sydney and GWS have the willingness to trade one pick out of this draft into 2025

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haha.

Would have to be 10,11 and 18 for them to even think about it.
Reckon they would think about 11 & 20 for pick 8, but not pick 7. (Doesn't hurt to ask though)

However, I'd really like pick 7 means we could offer 6 & 18 to North for pick 2 and still get a chance of nabbing that 3rd mid of the top 5 or 6.

Last edited:
Clubs deem the depth of this years draft far greater than next years crop so much that they have been trying anything they have to improve their draft hand.
The shear fact clubs were willing to pay overs just to get into or near the 1st round is telling.

The more I've thought about what a pick swap with North might look like to secure pick 2 the more I realise pick 6 won't be a part of it.
Right now our draft picks look spot on so any thought of us gaining pick 2 is coming from our 10-24 picks.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back