List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Clubs deem the depth of this years draft far greater than next years crop so much that they have been trying anything they have to improve their draft hand.
The shear fact clubs were willing to pay overs just to get into or near the 1st round is telling.

The more I've thought about what a pick swap with North might look like to secure pick 2 the more I realise pick 6 won't be a part of it.
Right now our draft picks look spot on so any thought of us gaining pick 2 is coming from our 10-24 picks.
There's no way North trade 2 without 6 coming back.
Would you be happy with trading away a pick 2 for like 11&18? No chance.

1st round mock draft
richmond trade pick 6 and 18 for north melbournes pick 2
pick 1 richmond --sam lalor
pick 2 richmond---finn osullivan
pick 3 briisbane --levi ashcroft { matched bid }
pick 4 carlton ----sam draper
pick 5 adelaide---jagga smith
pick 6 melbourne --josh smillie
pick 7 nm roos-- alex taura
pick 8 essendon --isaac kakko [matched bid ]
pick 9 gold coast - leo lombard [matched bid]
pick 10 saints --- harvey langford
pick 11 saints--- murphey reid
pick 12 melbourne-harry armsrtong
pick 13 richmond-- toby travaglia
pick 14 richmond -- xavier lindsay
pick 15 eagles ---- bo allan
pick 16 port power-- jobe shanahan
pick 17flag freo --- hamish davis
pick 18 gws giants- jess datoli
pick 19gws giants-- jack whitlock
pick 20 wb dogs -- joe berry
pick 21 nm roos --- luke trainor
pick 22 sydney --- cooper hynes
pick 23 richmond -- taj hotton
pick 24 gws giants -- tom gross
pick 25 sydney -----matt whitlock
pick 26 richmond ---ollie hanrahan
pick 27richmond ---- tom simms

Clubs deem the depth of this years draft far greater than next years crop so much that they have been trying anything they have to improve their draft hand.
The shear fact clubs were willing to pay overs just to get into or near the 1st round is telling.

The more I've thought about what a pick swap with North might look like to secure pick 2 the more I realise pick 6 won't be a part of it.
Right now our draft picks look spot on so any thought of us gaining pick 2 is coming from our 10-24 picks.
I wonder if we look at trading 10/11. Pick up a kid we want with 1 of those picks and can use the other to slide back and add a pick, either this year or into next year's draft.
Of course use both if there are 2 we still really want and feel they wouldn't make 18.

I think I agree with your order

But it’s close between hannaford and Hotton

Would actually love both at 10 + 11.

Hannaford really did a number on Reid in the grand final , was just too quick and powerful for him , looks an a grade small forward to me that can run through the midfield reminds me of Papley
Reid was injured and off the ground. Love to get Hannaford but this assessment is wrong.

I've landed on something like this

1- FOS/Lalor
6- Reid
10- Hotton
11- Travaglia/Berry/Hannaford
18- Hannaford
20- Oliver
23- Faull
24- Gerreyn

or

1- FOS
2- Lalor
10- Hotton
11-Travaglia/Berry/Hannaford
20- Oliver
23- Faull
24- Gerreyn

Moraes, Dodson, Jaques and the Whitlock twins could also be options for the picks in the 20's depending on how it plays out

I do like the idea of pick 2 as well as 1 but at what cost. We like having back to back picks as they are super valuable as shown in the past with back to back picks they have allowed us to slide back and bank future picks along the way so as good as pick 2 would be having 10/11 and 23/24 with the option of sliding back and still getting the player we want with these picks and adding futures is just as good as having pick 2. Whichever way we go we have timed this draft haul beautifuly

Nth have screwed themselves

They have to trade Pick2, because F1 is not worth anything more than Freos pick 14 at best

So what is Pick2 + F1 worth to us, it depends on the difference we see between FOS, and Tauru/Smillie

Not sure there is a big difference, and is it worth Pick 18 ( Hotton/Dattoli/Whitlock ) ?

Forget the picks, the decision is FOS or Smillie and Whitlock

I love FOS, but, I do not think this is going to happen for Pick 6
I have thought about this and would need to break it up to get a valuation and treat is as 2 separate trades and try get a value.

North's F1 i value at #15+
North are expected to improve and i would say 7-9 wins would be expected as a min with the mature players that have beed traded in Parker , Darling & Daniel and organic growth in their young players like Sheezel Wardlaw MCkercher and a more settled line up. We wont see them losing games whilst being 50 points up in 2025 and their pick should be #5-7 range

This years draft is rated very even between 9-20 and a pick in that range would be close to 6-8 compared to 2025
so there needs to be a benefit to trade out of this years draft and your not trading out 10 this year to get 7 in 2025

#10 would have to be F1 + F2 but that wont happen and cant happen under the rules so need to find another way and that would be to combine the 2 trades to get it done

What i would want #6 + #11 + #23 for #2 + F1
What i would accept if we really wanted the F2 #6 + #11 + #20
What i would accept is Blair is really desperate to get the F1 - #6 , #11 , #18 (but would hate this)
leaving Richmond with #1 , #2 , #10 , #20 , #23 and #24 most likely also getting traded for F1 to another team

Just like all the weak ass trades that were suggested by some on here that we did way better than,
we won't be trading out pick 6.

Norf want to split for sure.

If Norf think they will get top dollar for pick 2 from us they're mistaken.

I think we would but only if the right price. Maybe 10 & 20 tops.

Those that say no way that happens - well fine, you said the same thing about 6 & 23 for Rioli and 10 & 11 for Bolton

Norf could get a future first from some other club next year but that would be a dumb move IMO. So they'll probably do it.

St Kilda pick 7 & future 1st for 2.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I do like the idea of pick 2 as well as 1 but at what cost. We like having back to back picks as they are super valuable as shown in the past with back to back picks they have allowed us to slide back and bank future picks along the way so as good as pick 2 would be having 10/11 and 23/24 with the option of sliding back and still getting the player we want with these picks and adding futures is just as good as having pick 2. Whichever way we go we have timed this draft haul beautifuly

Cost of getting the only home run in smith and massive potential Lalor.

Wouldn't be surprised if the FOS/Lalor talk is misinformation to have other teams scrambling to get whoever we don't take and we don't end up taking either.
total ****ing disater if that occuurs

I've landed on something like this

1- FOS/Lalor
6- Reid
10- Hotton
11- Travaglia/Berry/Hannaford
18- Hannaford
20- Oliver
23- Faull
24- Gerreyn

or

1- FOS
2- Lalor
10- Hotton
11-Travaglia/Berry/Hannaford
20- Oliver
23- Faull
24- Gerreyn

Moraes, Dodson, Jaques and the Whitlock twins could also be options for the picks in the 20's depending on how it plays out

I like the look of Oliver. Quick, nice left foot and is a competitor but not sure we'll go two half back flankers in
Travaglia, Oliver.

I like the idea of having at least 6-7 picks and look to pick swap into 2025 but as Blair said this draft is strong and deep, so unless its to our advantage we'll take all picks.

At a guess, we'll take.
3-4 mids
2 talls
1 small back
1 small forward

Why are all these people offering up our Future 3rd? We don't have a Future 3rd.

Future Thirds are the under-rated star of the AFL Trade Period.

Flogs like Mackie and Dodoro hold up multiple deals and the whole period for a swap of Future 3rds.

The thrill of gambling on a Teams Final spot next year and the wistful dream that the team they have traded with will bomb out and pick 50 will become 38 and they will be recognised as a true genius.

Meanwhile, Blair cruises around with decades of good-will and integrity and sprinkles the Future Thirds onto our Golden deals to make the minnows feel good about themselves.

total ****ing disater if that occuurs
Wouldn't say a total disaster.

Our list needs help all over the place and I'll back our recruiters to get the right players with our picks that best address those needs.

We've got big bodied inside midfielders in Hopper Taranto & McAuliffe but we lack midfielders who can break away from the stoppage and get the ball moving our way.

We've got Balta and Lynch as our proven KPD & KPF, but we don't really have anyone below them that we can be confident about moving forward that can be the next number 1 KPF or support act to Balta. Gibcus is there but after missing 2 seasons with long term injuries there will be some questions about his ability to reach his full potential, should still be a solid player.

Ruck is pretty much Nankervis and that's it. Ryan is a big question mark and OHB & Colina are Cat B rookies for a reason.

Not saying we'll take a ruck at the top of the order or even a KPP, but I don't believe we're as locked in to taking FOS & Lalor as everyone else on the board seems to believe.

1st round mock draft
richmond trade pick 6 and 18 for north melbournes pick 2
pick 1 richmond --sam lalor
pick 2 richmond---finn osullivan
pick 3 briisbane --levi ashcroft { matched bid }
pick 4 carlton ----sam draper
pick 5 adelaide---jagga smith
pick 6 melbourne --josh smillie
pick 7 nm roos-- alex taura
pick 8 essendon --isaac kakko [matched bid ]
pick 9 gold coast - leo lombard [matched bid]
pick 10 saints --- harvey langford
pick 11 saints--- murphey reid
pick 12 melbourne-harry armsrtong
pick 13 richmond-- toby travaglia
pick 14 richmond -- xavier lindsay
pick 15 eagles ---- bo allan
pick 16 port power-- jobe shanahan
pick 17flag freo --- hamish davis
pick 18 gws giants- jess datoli
pick 19gws giants-- jack whitlock
pick 20 wb dogs -- joe berry
pick 21 nm roos --- luke trainor
pick 22 sydney --- cooper hynes
pick 23 richmond -- taj hotton
pick 24 gws giants -- tom gross
pick 25 sydney -----matt whitlock
pick 26 richmond ---ollie hanrahan
pick 27richmond ---- tom simms
disagree

I have thought about this and would need to break it up to get a valuation and treat is as 2 separate trades and try get a value.

North's F1 i value at #15+
North are expected to improve and i would say 7-9 wins would be expected as a min with the mature players that have beed traded in Parker , Darling & Daniel and organic growth in their young players like Sheezel Wardlaw MCkercher and a more settled line up. We wont see them losing games whilst being 50 points up in 2025 and their pick should be #5-7 range

This years draft is rated very even between 9-20 and a pick in that range would be close to 6-8 compared to 2025
so there needs to be a benefit to trade out of this years draft and your not trading out 10 this year to get 7 in 2025

#10 would have to be F1 + F2 but that wont happen and cant happen under the rules so need to find another way and that would be to combine the 2 trades to get it done

What i would want #6 + #11 + #23 for #2 + F1
What i would accept if we really wanted the F2 #6 + #11 + #20
What i would accept is Blair is really desperate to get the F1 - #6 , #11 , #18 (but would hate this)
leaving Richmond with #1 , #2 , #10 , #20 , #23 and #24 most likely also getting traded for F1 to another team

I agree for the most part, and to add to your reasons:

- it’s a sellers market for picks in this draft. Very few teams want to trade out and there’s going to be competition amongst teams wanting to trade back in.

- There’s always a risk with future picks. Yes North should finish in the bottom half of the league next season. But there’s a risk that it isn’t. There’s also a risk that the level of talent available at that future pick isn’t as good as the 2024 draft pick. These risks need to be factored in.

North’s future first and second might see them get pick 10/11 based on what Carlton have up for 14. If it’s straight F1 I honestly thing it’s #18+ for that pick.

On the other hand, if north wants to split pick 2, it’ll need to decide if it just wants assets; or if it wants to slide a few picks to still get a target (most think Tauru). If it’s the latter, a trade would be a lot easier if they still had their second round pick.

If it’s just to get extra assets, then maybe a combination of 10 and 11 would be the value (noting pick 3 went for 12 + 14 and Owies). Richmond are the only team that could facilitate that deal unless someone like GWS pushes all their late firsts in and Sydney too.

If it’s only to slide back a few and pick up an extra asset, again only really Richmond can facilitate the trade. Melbourne can trump with 5 and 9, but considering what it game up for 9 I don’t think it would do that. Again, North not having a second round pick probably means this isn’t likely.

Saints can trump us again with 7 and 8, but were approached by West Coast when it tried to split three and the fact that a deal wasn’t done and North don’t have its round 2 pick again makes me think it’s unlikely.

Then it’s our turn with 6, and again because North don’t have its second round pick, it would be for one of our later picks (#18 or #20).

The only caveat on that is whether Richmond are desperate to trade up to 2 and pay a heavy price. But the fact that Blair rejected pick 3 in the Baker trade makes me think it’s unlikely.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back