List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

You said we'd get all 3 picks for Bolton and all 3 for Rioli 😂😂
That's bending the truth a bit.

For Rioli I said 6, 13 & 20 but, and it's a big but - we pay a large chunk of Rioli's salary, and we give back picks that add up to more points than pick 20.

We got pretty close to that as we did a deal with Brisbane for 20 with the late picks. So say it ended up being 6, 23 & 20 and by the sounds of it we ain't paying any salary.

Of course all the salary and picks back got missed when the Chinese whispers had it at 3 first rounders for Rioli.

If GC didn't offload Lukosius and his big salary - who knows they may have had to have us pay Rioli's wage and it may have been even better than what we got.

Bolton - I said we should demand 3 picks. Pay a chunk of salary. Always ask for more. Well we got 10 & 11 with a small slide back and apparently not paying any salary.

The outcomes and what I said are hardly miles apart considering we aren't paying them to play elsewhere.

There's no way North trade 2 without 6 coming back.
Would you be happy with trading away a pick 2 for like 11&18? No chance.
The situation as of now is we dont need to trade a damn thing, we have the luxury of considering a trade.
North on the other hand are looking to split pick 2 & I highly doubt that involves anything other than sliding back a handfull of spots whilst acquiring another pick in the teens.
Who has 2 picks in that range?

Any other draft and North would be holding the whip but this one we hold a lot of aces.
Which other club has the picks in this years draft to get the deal that North wants across the line?

Picks 5,6,7,8,9,10 &11 are held between 3 clubs & we're the main player.
Do you really think we aren't talking to those other 2 clubs to trade up with them aswell?

The situation as of now is we dont need to trade a damn thing, we have the luxury of considering a trade.
North on the other hand are looking to split pick 2 & I highly doubt that involves anything other than sliding back a handfull of spots whilst acquiring another pick in the teens.
Who has 2 picks in that range?

Any other draft and North would be holding the whip but this one we hold a lot of aces.
Which other club has the picks in this years draft to get the deal that North wants across the line?

Picks 5,6,7,8,9,10 &11 are held between 3 clubs & we're the main player.
Do you really think we aren't talking to those other 2 clubs to trade up with them aswell?
Yes, we do.
But again.... there not sliding from 2 to 10+.
Any trade to split the pick will have to involve our 6.
Again... would you be happy trading pick 1 for like 10 and 18? Its the same thing

That's bending the truth a bit.

For Rioli I said 6, 13 & 20 but, and it's a big but - we pay a large chunk of Rioli's salary, and we give back picks that add up to more points than pick 20.

We got pretty close to that as we did a deal with Brisbane for 20 with the late picks. So say it ended up being 6, 23 & 20 and by the sounds of it we ain't paying any salary.

Of course all the salary and picks back got missed when the Chinese whispers had it at 3 first rounders for Rioli.

If GC didn't offload Lukosius and his big salary - who knows they may have had to have us pay Rioli's wage and it may have been even better than what we got.

Bolton - I said we should demand 3 picks. Pay a chunk of salary. Always ask for more. Well we got 10 & 11 with a small slide back and apparently not paying any salary.

The outcomes and what I said are hardly miles apart considering we aren't paying them to play elsewhere.
The outcomes were far closer to what most others were saying though.

Now the dust has settled, is it dick measuring times? 🤣

I just want to laugh at those of our supporters who said we would get 6 & 13 for Rioli.

FWIW I got all 3 wrong lmao

I thought 23 (26) for Baker, we got 14
I thought 6 & 26 (29) for Rioli 6 & 23 (20)
I thought we would end up with 10 & 18 for Bolton (9 & 16) so to get 10,11 & 18 with the loss of Bolton and 14.

Here's a Doozy - if we were to trade out 23 & 24 for future 1sts, who would you like to trade them with? Or to put it another way, who are you most keen on death riding next yr?
Too what f1 is available.
Cats or Ess(Dees pick).

Thank you. And at a time when KMac and Tom Brown were our best marking forwards..! The club is hilariously incompetent currently.

The only reason we aren't all rioting is the hope that they can follow the newspaper draft guides and get us some talent in after all our star mid-age players walked out for draft picks. They obviously can't see talent directly under their noses.

The idea that the worst team in the comp didn't need to a free 6-month look at the best kid in the VFL... Jesus wept!

That all depends on how good gray and blight are

Nobody takes 3 player in the mid season draft

Also not sure if you noticed , no other club took him either

I can't see us not picking Jagga with pick 1 - he was the best performed player this year, is exactly the player we need, presents low risk, he is almost a guaranteed good quality AFL pure midfielder and is a leader. We've also seen him perform very well for our VFL side.

We have plenty of opportunities with later picks to take a risk.

The other factor is that I dont think we would want a Lalor/smillie combo - which would be likely if we take Lalor at 1 - they are too similar in that they are hybrid midfielders with question marks on them.

Would not like Armstrong at 6. key forward playing for the Dragons, Metro and Haileybury where their midfields were consistently on top and frequently dominant. He's 195cm, marks and kicks straight but don’t see much else that I don’t in forwards available in the late teens. Would be massive overs

Last edited:
won't next year's draft be the most compromised ever? there are supposed to be 15 FS and academy players in the top 30 pool

trading into that seems a bit daft
Your still getting the best kid that is available to us.
F/s etc have no effect
Only FAs can upset the apple cart.

Now the dust has settled, is it dick measuring times? 🤣

I just want to laugh at those of our supporters who said we would get 6 & 13 for Rioli.

FWIW I got all 3 wrong lmao

I thought 23 (26) for Baker, we got 14
I thought 6 & 26 (29) for Rioli 6 & 23 (20)
I thought we would end up with 10 & 18 for Bolton (9 & 16) so to get 10,11 & 18 with the loss of Bolton and 14.
LOL, put that little thing away.

pics GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just like all the weak ass trades that were suggested by some on here that we did way better than,
we won't be trading out pick 6.

Norf want to split for sure.

If Norf think they will get top dollar for pick 2 from us they're mistaken.

I think we would but only if the right price. Maybe 10 & 20 tops.

Those that say no way that happens - well fine, you said the same thing about 6 & 23 for Rioli and 10 & 11 for Bolton

Norf could get a future first from some other club next year but that would be a dumb move IMO. So they'll probably do it.

St Kilda pick 7 & future 1st for 2.

You're conveniently forgetting that Ross Lyon came in as the saviour to take the Saints to the promised land. He's 2 years into his 4 year deal and has delivered Jack sh1t. He needs results/picks/players now. Future picks are worthless to him as he knows his arse is in the cross-hairs of fans and journalists who are always looking for their next coaching scalp

North supporters are so up themselves regarding Pick 2 they think we can't live without it. Bunch of flogs let them pick another midfielder with NO KPF to kick it to. Rinse Repeat

The only one mentioning slipping to 12 is you but back to the Saints.
What deal do you see them doing to get pick 2?
Ummm no....
Many are suggesting trades with North that don't involve 6, and i quoted it originally. Which means then next pick we could offer will be after 11/12.
Try and keep up

Nah we'll have to disagree on that. We did a lot better than most were suggesting.
Most thought just 6 for Rioli or even less. "He's not worth that! blah blah blah"

We got 2 x first round picks for Rioli and the BF experts were saying 3 was considered madness to even suggest.
Even though we dealt the later picks I suggested go along with that deal for another 1st rounder to Brisbane.
We still got 3 x first rounders.

20ish instead of 13 - how wrong of me.

We were always going to get over market value for those players.

North supporters are so up themselves regarding Pick 2 they think we can't live without it. Bunch of flogs let them pick another midfielder with NO KPF to kick it to. Rinse Repeat
Yeah socials is a joke, seem to think we will be desperate to get pick 2 and willing to trade out most of our top picks for pick 2 and a future 1st rounder in a strong deep draft.

Then like to say we won't take 8 picks in the draft for contracts reasons when they all come out at the same time lol

I'm quick to remind them that we don't exist to make North take all our good picks for pick 2 just because they aren't happy with their draft hand and also we are a large Vic club with a tonne of salary cap so I doubt those kids will look elsewhere.

Last edited:
Reid was injured hannaford

And he was caught by him 2/3 times before that
I was there and I call bullshite. Hannaford was best for rebels but he didn’t Kick Reid’s arse. The star of the whole show was Marshall and I’m pissed that we’ve given the lions so many points they can now match for him and Ashcroft. I rate Marshall up in the top 5 players in this draft and Richmond has made it easy for them to get him. NGA but if we’d not gifted so many points to the lions we could have bid #1 Ashcroft and then 11 on Marshall and they’d have been F****d. Marshall has been overlooked because it was taken that he was going to Brisbane. If given the opportunity I’d bid on him top 10.

North can get a sweet deal if they are interested in future firsts.

Doubt they want to go down that path so it's trade with us or try to get a trade from the Saints.

No other team has good enough picks. Well Melbourne do, but it's hard to see them taking one gun kid at 2 and then the dregs, when they can take two good kids instead.

I don't mind trading for 2 but doubt we will offer better than 6 & 20.

Im big on Lalor and open to trading down for 2; but I’m yet to see a video that stamps FOS as a #1/#2 candidate.

Can someone here who is bullish on him point me to a highlight reel that sells me that this guy is worth 2x 1st rounders?

Combine results suggest he’s got a good tank and speed that doesnt seem to translate to many touches. Good in traffic; but doesn’t seem to have a greatest skills.

I would not be upset at all if we get #2 to get the following with our first 5 picks then go tall
#1 Lalor
#2 FOS
#10 Berry
#11 Hotton
#20 Hannaford

Speed class and Mids / Small foward mids

Hannaford is a full-on competitor, loves to tackle, and is quick. These are the type of players we need to target if we are to play our renowned high pressure game plan including the forward handball game.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back