List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Spot on.

Blair is on record saying it a very even draft and we've already knocked back a pick swap for no.3 in the Baker trade. It's 100/1 that we trade up unless the deal is so one sided Kornehole wants the AFL to step in and take over Norf.

6 & 18 is not happening. 6 & 24 for 2 & F2 is the ball park we are talking to get Blairs interest.

Couldnt agree more.

North's only real option is to trade with us and l dont see why we should overspend to help them. We should not be trading 6, we only stand to weaken our position because forcing North to spend 2 on a tall helps another one of the midfielders slide to pick 6. If they are hell bent on the best tall (say Armstrong)... force them to spend 2 on it. If 6 is being offered, the ONLY pick l'm willing to offer up is 23 at best!

Still think us trading 11 and 20 for GWS's pick 15 & 16 is our first move. Then give North 10 & 15.... which will guarantee them to at least one of Tarau or Armstrong at 10 (particularly given we will most likely take 3 midfielders with 1, 2 and 6. I cant see any world where North dont get one of Tarau or Armstrong at 10. And then they've got 15 (which is better than 23).
Super Troopers Yes GIF by Searchlight Pictures

💯❗

Trading 6 & 18 for just 2 coming back isn't a good deal for us, given our list has more holes than a block of Swiss cheese.
We'd still be left with 1, 2, 10, 11, 20, 23, 24.
That's 7 active selections. Most people (not me) were thinking about trading out a couple of those for a future selection.
I agree that our list has plenty of holes, but seven picks within 24 is a lot to plug those holes.
Plus potentially taking one or two in the pre-season draft.
I don't know how many list spots we have available off the top of my head but even if we give two picks for pick 2, I think we will be fine.

North's only real option is to trade with us and l dont see why we should overspend to help them. We should not be trading 6, we only stand to weaken our position because forcing North to spend 2 on a tall helps another one of the midfielders slide to pick 6. If they are hell bent on the best tall (say Armstrong)... force them to spend 2 on it. If 6 is being offered, the ONLY pick l'm willing to offer up is 23 at best!

Still think us trading 11 and 20 for GWS's pick 15 & 16 is our first move. Then give North 10 & 15.... which will guarantee them to at least one of Tarau or Armstrong at 10 (particularly given we will most likely take 3 midfielders with 1, 2 and 6. I cant see any world where North dont get one of Tarau or Armstrong at 10. And then they've got 15 (which is better than 23).
Then we take
Lalor
FOS
Tauru

In a normal draft i would agree 100% on this ^

But this draft appears to be different with no clear standout #1 and #2 seems even more variable
Richmond would have to be so in love with the top 2 kids we want that we dont want to lose the chance to have them and i am doubting we are.

With a month to go and an entire season out of the way there is still not a clear 1 or 2 players in this draft and media and draft watchers still have any variation of top 4 , Just 2 months ago most had Jagga , Smillie , Fos , Langford and some Draper and a few lalor as the #1

We will take the player we really like at #1 then rate the next 5 players at similar range and decide we will be happy to take who is left or have 2 that we think mat slide. FOS / Smillie ,Langford Lalor / Smillie /Langford , Jagga / Smillie/Langord

Or we could do something completely left field and decide we dont rate the 2nd options that highly and trade back with GWS and take their #15,#16,#21 and use these pick to trade into F1's

This option would still allow Richmond to take 6 players in the top 25 this year and allow ud another 5 in the top 25 next years. So Basically sacrificing pick #6 to build the 2025 draft hand. There will be 6-7 teams looking to get into this year draft between 10-20 so getting 15,16,21 could be extremely handy to move

Whilst this not be what people would want , Blair would be looking at it as a longer term plan to build the team with numbers.

I dont believe we are wed to any player in this years draft and all options would be open
I'm of the opinion that we keep 6 & 18 for the exact reasons that North want them. Yes, they've drafted a truckload of mids over the last 5 years and have left themselves light on for quality KPP's.

We haven't had any real access to 1st round picks and need to draft in talent all over the ground, to me that means getting in bulk talent and this is the draft to do it.

Take the players at 6 & 18 that North are eyeing off.

It’s definitely on we will trade our 6 and our next pick for nth Mel pick 2 to get O’Sullivan and Lalor then we get Jobe Shanahan Jonty Faull Dodson the SA Ruckman and possibly another midfielder

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
6 & 10.pffft

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When we get to pick 10, I can see Dockers & Eagles coming for pick 11 for Bo Allan, if he is still on the board. We could pick up a future 1st for a couple of spots drop to WC - P12 or Freo -P14 .
Think both WA clubs will keep their F1s for Warner and or Pickett.

Let’s just wait and see it’s not up to us anyway
This time last week carl got pick 3 for 12 & 14.
What makes norf so special for 6 & 10.
Unless we're getting your f1.
Which we're not that special either

What about 2 of Allan, Hotton & Berry?

Hotton ceiling is massive.

10 & 11 probably works from talent perspective but geez it's in the sweet spot for the speed that we desperately need.

6 & 18/20 has to be the range for us.

2 gun mids, pace at 10/11, tall forward at whatever is left of 18/20 and then Blair can do what he wants with the last 2. I'll have tuned out by then 😂
Agree we need pace.
Fos & Jagga
Berry/Hotton/Hannaford.

All the gossip, innuendo, guessing will be put to rest tonight, brace yourselves, scoop Cameron Hicks is on tigercast tonight.
like I put in the pod thread, I'll give fair warning here too.

Anyone trolling in the live chat will just be banned on the spot.

Like I have always said, don't have to agree with views or opinions but you do need to be respectful, especially whenever we have guests on from any walk of life.

like I put in the pod thread, I'll give fair warning here too.

Anyone trolling in the live chat will just be banned on the spot.

Like I have always said, don't have to agree with views or opinions but you do need to be respectful, especially whenever we have guests on from any walk of life.

Fair call but if he says we are trading pick 6 im turning off. :tearsofjoy:

We'd still be left with 1, 2, 10, 11, 20, 23, 24.
That's 7 active selections. Most people (not me) were thinking about trading out a couple of those for a future selection.
I agree that our list has plenty of holes, but seven picks within 24 is a lot to plug those holes.
Plus potentially taking one or two in the pre-season draft.
I don't know how many list spots we have available off the top of my head but even if we give two picks for pick 2, I think we will be fine.
I'd rather take our 8 picks to the draft and see how desperate clubs are when the draft is live instead of trading up for 2 if we are going to trade out. We would likely get much more value that way than trading with North before the draft.

FWIW we can have a maximum of 44 players on our list.

36-38 Senior list
Up to 6 Cat A Rookies
Up to 2 Cat B Rookies

We currently have:
25 senior list
7 Cat A Rookies (Trezise Lefau Bauer Campbell Young Blight Gray)
1 Cat B Rookie (Hayes-Brown)

We also have
3 senior list players in Cumberland Dow & McIntosh unsigned
1 Cat A Rookie in Coulthard unsigned
1 Cat B Rookie in Colina unsigned

That would mean that we would need to elevate up to 2 rookies if Coulthard is re-signed to meet the maximum 6 rookies, which then sees us with 27 senior listed players meaning we'd have 9 vacancies for the draft.

If we were to sign all 3 of Cumberland Dow & McIntosh, we'd have only 6 spots open for the draft.

For those concerned about us taking 8 picks in the first 24 and they all come out of contract at the same time.

The CBA states that any player drafted inside the top 20 of the draft is signed to a minimum of 3 years. Anyone taken at pick 21 or later is signed for a minimum of 2 years

If we hold our 8 picks as they stand, then picks 1, 6, 10 & 11 would be signed to 3 year deals, while 18, 20, 23 & 24 would be 2 year deals as they would fall outside pick 21 once the academy & F/S picks are made.

I'd rather take our 8 picks to the draft and see how desperate clubs are when the draft is live instead of trading up for 2 if we are going to trade out. We would likely get much more value that way than trading with North before the draft.

36-38 Senior list
Up to 6 Cat A Rookies
Up to 2 Cat B Rookies

We currently have:
25 senior list

We also have

That would mean that we would need to elevate up to 2 rookies if Coulthard is re-signed to meet the maximum 6 rookies, which then sees us with 27 senior listed players meaning we'd have 9 vacancies for the draft.

If we were to sign all 3 of Cumberland Dow & McIntosh, we'd have only 6 spots open for the draft.
Can Bauer be rookie again? Reckon Campbell has well and truly earned a promotion. He's a long term piece imo.

Fair call but if he says we are trading pick 6 im turning off. :tearsofjoy:
we have already hypothesized on last weeks show about trading pick 6, not really any different if he does it vs us doing it I wouldn't have thought!

I think it's also important to note that mock drafts are exactly that, mock drafts. always hard to predict, but Cam does this for a living (talent ID and scouting) so will have better insights than the rest of us on the panel.

not to say we will all agree with the order or it eventuates like that, but it's always fun to discuss none the less!

36-38 Senior list
Up to 6 Cat A Rookies
Up to 2 Cat B Rookies

We currently have:
25 senior list

We also have

I think you will get a few D/F to help the kids aswell

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back