List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

I think _RT_ will post article on his next dump break 🤞
Just like each version of our draft threads, they both pretty much just repeat the same names we've already been linked to.

For those concerned about us taking 8 picks in the first 24 and they all come out of contract at the same time.

The CBA states that any player drafted inside the top 20 of the draft is signed to a minimum of 3 years. Anyone taken at pick 21 or later is signed for a minimum of 2 years

If we hold our 8 picks as they stand, then picks 1, 6, 10 & 11 would be signed to 3 year deals, while 18, 20, 23 & 24 would be 2 year deals as they would fall outside pick 21 once the academy & F/S picks are made.
Also, nothing to stop the club offering extensions on those contracts earlier either.

Its just some dumb idea North fans are floating to try and get us to trade out some picks.

we have already hypothesized on last weeks show about trading pick 6, not really any different if he does it vs us doing it I wouldn't have thought!

I think it's also important to note that mock drafts are exactly that, mock drafts. always hard to predict, but Cam does this for a living (talent ID and scouting) so will have better insights than the rest of us on the panel.

not to say we will all agree with the order or it eventuates like that, but it's always fun to discuss none the less!
Respectfully Bro, will you be asking him about some of his chop and changing and straight out contradictions, eg. Always been on such and such a player, then the next week claiming a new player?

In a normal draft i would agree 100% on this ^

But this draft appears to be different with no clear standout #1 and #2 seems even more variable
Richmond would have to be so in love with the top 2 kids we want that we dont want to lose the chance to have them and i am doubting we are.

With a month to go and an entire season out of the way there is still not a clear 1 or 2 players in this draft and media and draft watchers still have any variation of top 4 , Just 2 months ago most had Jagga , Smillie , Fos , Langford and some Draper and a few lalor as the #1

We will take the player we really like at #1 then rate the next 5 players at similar range and decide we will be happy to take who is left or have 2 that we think mat slide. FOS / Smillie ,Langford Lalor / Smillie /Langford , Jagga / Smillie/Langord

Or we could do something completely left field and decide we dont rate the 2nd options that highly and trade back with GWS and take their #15,#16,#21 and use these pick to trade into F1's

This option would still allow Richmond to take 6 players in the top 25 this year and allow ud another 5 in the top 25 next years. So Basically sacrificing pick #6 to build the 2025 draft hand. There will be 6-7 teams looking to get into this year draft between 10-20 so getting 15,16,21 could be extremely handy to move

Whilst this not be what people would want , Blair would be looking at it as a longer term plan to build the team with numbers.

I dont believe we are wed to any player in this years draft and all options would be open
no way I am sacrificing 6 for futures.

they want six for a reason, the players available are better than normal

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can Bauer be rookie again? Reckon Campbell has well and truly earned a promotion. He's a long term piece imo.

Absolute must re-sign. He'll be perfect trade bait for Tassie, when the over pay for locals to come home.

I'd do it but whenever I try with Herald Sun it accuses me of being a bot or some shit. 😂😂
That's so strange hey, with Ai, who the **** would make a dumb robot.

Respectfully Bro, will you be asking him about some of his chop and changing and straight out contradictions, eg. Always been on such and such a player, then the next week claiming a new player?
I dont think that is a big of an issue as many of you made it out to be.

this caper is extremely high octane this time of year and things change very quickly.

he isn't the only person talking about drafts that has had changed views over the last 3 weeks.

AFL draft central have chopped and changed, Twomey has chopped and changed, Knightmare has chopped and changed, but for some reason everyone has been fixated on attacking Cam for literally being no different to everyone else.

Clubs wants and needs change based on who is trading up pick spots.

e.g our player at 1 was probably different before carlton jumped up into pick 3. so that changed in a matter of hours.

combine results and interviews also play a part.

I truly never understood why people tried shooting him down for this when it is pretty much industry standard as the information is so dynamic.

Especially in a year with such an even draft. It's not like we have a Harley Reid type at 1 that everyone will predict correctly.

Can Bauer be rookie again? Reckon Campbell has well and truly earned a promotion. He's a long term piece imo.
I believe he can still be rookied under the new rules

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back