List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

If the deal for #2 for #6 + #18 happens great if its for #6 + #20 even better but if we dont rate Smille / Langford at #6
i rather trade it out to GWS and i wouldnt be too upset with the following haul
#1 - Lalor
#10 - Allan
#11 - Travaglia
#15 - Berry
#16 - Hotton
#18 - Hannaford
#20 - Shannahan / Faull / Gerreyn / or another player we rate

Still allows for 3 picks #21 , #23 , #24 to be traded into 2025

Wait till draft night and see how desperate GWS are for Armstrong if he is there at 10.

I don’t know if they’ve got a kpf coming through in their academy but outside Cadman they don’t really have a reliable KPF under 30.

Then do the same with Bombers for Shannahan at 15. Take sims/faull/whitlock later.

The last time Richmond had pick 1 was in 2004, when it secured Kyabram flyer Brett Deledio.
The midfielder was a two-time Tigers’ best-and-fairest winner, a two-time All-Australian and served four years as a vice-captain before finishing his career with GWS.
But Deledio was just one of five top-20 picks for the Tigers that year.
The others were Richard Tambling (pick 4), Danny Meyer (pick 12), Adam Pattinson (pick 16) and Dean Polo (pick 20).
Tambling was the only one of that group to play more than 61 games in the yellow and black.
This was an era when the club was skint.

Francis Jackson was a part time recruiter and poor old Greg Miller was Mr Everything.

The club has a well funded football department now.

I'm excited!!

I want Cooper hynes and Jesse dattoli with our later picks, both these boys will be stars.

I’m 100% on board with Datolli …kid can play…would be a great asset to the team Very clever 179 cm mid/forward…think Rachelle or Greene

National Champs: 4 games, 15.2 disposals, 7.2 marks, 0.8 goals

Talent League: 7 games, 23.1 disposals, 3.9 clearances, 1.7 goals

If the deal for #2 for #6 + #18 happens great if its for #6 + #20 even better but if we dont rate Smille / Langford at #6
i rather trade it out to GWS and i wouldnt be too upset with the following haul
#1 - Lalor
#10 - Allan
#11 - Travaglia
#15 - Berry
#16 - Hotton
#18 - Hannaford
#20 - Shannahan / Faull / Gerreyn / or another player we rate

Still allows for 3 picks #21 , #23 , #24 to be traded into 2025
I think you're being a little greedy by wanting more 1st round picks. Don't really see a world where we'd slide back from 6 and the only reason to lose it would be to trade up.

FOS & Lalor to start proceedings would be great, but the chance of grabbing Lalor, Smillie/Langford at 6 and say Hannaford at 18 also has merit.

It's uncanny to see these young blokes building their games/styles around the current top players. Lalor with his fend offs and kicking style makes me think of Dusty but better overhead, Smillie very much of the Cripps mold but better disposal, Langford with his loping run, left foot weapon, inside mid capability and forward prowess is almost a Bont clone.

Wait till draft night and see how desperate GWS are for Armstrong if he is there at 10.

I don’t know if they’ve got a kpf coming through in their academy but outside Cadman they don’t really have a reliable KPF under 30.

Then do the same with Bombers for Shannahan at 15. Take sims/faull/whitlock later.
They've got Wade Derkson who was targeted by the Dees

They've got Wade Derkson who was targeted by the Dees

They also have Riccardi… call me a skeptic, but I’m always dubious if a guy hasn’t played an afl game for 2 years that they’ll make it. Especially when they’re 23-24 and there is no clear 2nd KPF.

I'm of the opinion that we keep 6 & 18 for the exact reasons that North want them. Yes, they've drafted a truckload of mids over the last 5 years and have left themselves light on for quality KPP's.

We haven't had any real access to 1st round picks and need to draft in talent all over the ground, to me that means getting in bulk talent and this is the draft to do it.

Take the players at 6 & 18 that North are eyeing off.
This is the draft to compensate and make up for all the first rounders that either we didn’t have because we traded out, or failed because they were at the wrong end of the draft due to all our success.

This is wrong stage of the rebuild cycle to start being cute and start trading picks away. Whoever we get at six we will be thrilled about as he would have been cited by many as a prospective pick one.

Likewise because this draft is so even and so strong, someone will slide to 18 and we will kick ourselves for not having that pick.

Again unless there is two players a level above everyone else (which almost no one is suggesting) this is the draft you keep all your picks or trade for firsts for next year.

North wants to trade 2 out for more picks.
Richmond should be happy to take 2 of the top 6 midfielders in the draft with their first two picks.
Invest in this years draft until we have what we want. Then trade the last two into next years if need be(23,24).
Why trade for Norths pick 2 which is not necessarily better than pick 6. Costing a first round pick?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We're trading for 2. Norf's not getting better than pick 6 from anyone else. So it's just a question of what we add.

Anything we give them is a bonus. They get their crush Tauru at 6, and then someone else. So guess what they're getting?

6 and 24 for 2. That's the deal. Maybe we make it 6 and 23 so we can entertain bids for 24 while we're at the pub after night 1. Yeah, okay. 6 and 23 cos we're nice.

That's it. No more, Norf. 6 and 23, that's a win. You get an extra player on top of the one you want. No one is outbidding that, and you're not keeping 2.

6 and 23. Lock it in, Eddie.

1. Lalor (RI)
2. Ashcroft (BR)
3. FOS (RI)
4. Draper (CA)
5. Smith (AD)

We can pretty much lock that in too. Then it gets interesting. Melbourne won't take Tauru at 6. They might be forced into taking Armstrong if they want him, by the threat of St Kilda otherwise picking him. It's Armstrong or Langford at 6.

Norf take Tauru at 7. Kanga Kanga Kanga!

Saints with 8 & 9. They take whichever of Langford or Armstrong Melbourne leave for them. And I reckon Lindsay. Or Hotton. Could be Smillie, but I reckon they need pace. They might bid on Lombard.

Dees again. It's Lindsay, Smillie or Hotton. I have a nasty feeling they go Hotton if he's there.

Tigers with the next two. We'll take whoever Melbourne leaves us out of Lindsay, Hotton and Smillie. Then probably Bo Allan.

6. Armstrong (ME)
7. Tauru (Norf)
8. Langford (St K)
9. Lombard (GC)
10. Hotton (St K)
11. Lindsay (ME)
12. Smillie (RI)
13. Allan (RI)
14. Travaglia (WC) (Travaglia is Italian for potato. Matt Clarke loves potatoes.)
15. Berry (PA)
16. Kako (ES)

Freo at 17 is a tough one to read. They really don't want for much and the old 'best available' is murkier than tiger_tough 's bath water. It's either a key back or a small forward. Best available says Hannaford.

That will piss orf the Giants. They love Hannafords. What do they need? Developing KPF. Rebounding defender. J.Whitlock? Harry Oliver? They have the next two picks. They could take 'em both.

Doggies next. They'd want a small forward but they're shit outta luck. They could use a rebounding defender - damn those Giants! Maybe they're the one who finally say Reid's too good to ignore. He can play forward and change mid. Yep. He's theirs.

Righto. Back to the Tiges. We'll be spewing if J.Whitlock's gawn. I hope we hate Shanahan as much as I do. (I don't hate him. Just as a key forward.) ****. Do we have to take Faull here? Ugh. He's no better than van Whatshisface. If this is how it falls I reckon we sell this pick. Slide back to 25-30 and grab a future first.

17. Hannaford (FR)
18. J.Whitlock (GWS)
19. Oliver (GWS)
20. Reid (WB)

That's all I got for now.

Last edited:
We're trading for 2. Norf's not getting better than pick 6 from anyone else. So it's just a question of what we add.

Anything we give them is a bonus. They get their crush Tauru at 6, and then someone else. So guess what they're getting?

6 and 24 for 2. That's the deal. Maybe we make it 6 and 23 so we can entertain bids for 24 while we're at the pub after night 1. Yeah, okay. 6 and 23 cos we're nice.

That's it. No more, Norf. 6 and 23, that's a win. You get an extra player on top of the one you want. No one is outbidding that, and you're not keeping 2.

6 and 23. Lock it in, Eddie.

1. Lalor (RI)
2. Ashcroft (BR)
3. FOS (RI)
4. Draper (CA)
5. Smith (AD)

We can pretty much lock that in too. Then it gets interesting. Melbourne won't take Tauru at 6. They might be forced into taking Armstrong if they want him, by the threat of St Kilda otherwise picking him. It's Armstrong or Langford at 6.

Norf take Tauru at 7. Kanga Kanga Kanga!

Saints with 8 & 9. They take whichever of Langford or Armstrong Melbourne leave for them. And I reckon Lindsay. Could be Smillie, but I reckon they need pace. They might bid on Lombard.

Dees again. It's Smillie or Hotton. I have a nasty feeling they go Hotton.

Tigers with the next two. We'll take whoever Melbourne leaves us out of Hotton and Smillie. Then probably Bo Allan.

6. Armstrong (ME)
7. Tauru (Norf)
8. Langford (St K)
9. Lombard (GC)
10. Lindsay (St K)
11. Hotton (ME)
12. Smillie (RI)
13. Allan (RI)
14. Travaglia (WC) (Travaglia is Italian for potato. Matt Clarke loves potatoes.)
15. Berry (PA)
16. Kako (ES)

Freo at 17 is a tough one to read. They really don't want for much and the old 'best available' is murkier than tiger_tough 's bath water. It's either a key back or a small forward. Best available says Hannaford.

That will piss orf the Giants. They love Hannafords. What do they need? Developing KPF. Rebounding defender. J.Whitlock? Harry Oliver? They have the next two picks. They could take 'em both.

Doggies next. They'd want a small forward but they're shit outta luck. They could use a rebounding defender - damn those Giants! Maybe they're the one who finally say Reid's too good to ignore. He can play forward and change mid. Yep. He's theirs.

Righto. Back to the Tiges. We'll be spewing if J.Whitlock's gawn. I hope we hate Shanahan as much as I do. (I don't hate him. Just as a key forward.) ****. Do we have to take Faull here? Ugh. He's no better than van Whatshisface. If this is how it falls I reckon we sell this pick. Slide back to 25-30 and grab a future first.

17. Hannaford (FR)
18. J.Whitlock (GWS)
19. Oliver (GWS)
20. Reid (WB)

That's all I got for now.

Talking Blah Blah Blah GIF by Wiz Khalifa

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back