List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

This was an era when the club was skint.

Francis Jackson was a part time recruiter and poor old Greg Miller was Mr Everything.

The club has a well funded football department now.

I'm excited!!
2004 was a terrible draft. Outside of the top 5 picks + Lewis at 7 bugger all players made it. No surprise that Meyer, Pattison and Polo were busts

We're trading for 2. Norf's not getting better than pick 6 from anyone else. So it's just a question of what we add.

Anything we give them is a bonus. They get their crush Tauru at 6, and then someone else. So guess what they're getting?

6 and 24 for 2. That's the deal. Maybe we make it 6 and 23 so we can entertain bids for 24 while we're at the pub after night 1. Yeah, okay. 6 and 23 cos we're nice.

That's it. No more, Norf. 6 and 23, that's a win. You get an extra player on top of the one you want. No one is outbidding that, and you're not keeping 2.

6 and 23. Lock it in, Eddie.

1. Lalor (RI)
2. Ashcroft (BR)
3. FOS (RI)
4. Draper (CA)
5. Smith (AD)

We can pretty much lock that in too. Then it gets interesting. Melbourne won't take Tauru at 6. They might be forced into taking Armstrong if they want him, by the threat of St Kilda otherwise picking him. It's Armstrong or Langford at 6.

Norf take Tauru at 7. Kanga Kanga Kanga!

Saints with 8 & 9. They take whichever of Langford or Armstrong Melbourne leave for them. And I reckon Lindsay. Or Hotton. Could be Smillie, but I reckon they need pace. They might bid on Lombard.

Dees again. It's Lindsay, Smillie or Hotton. I have a nasty feeling they go Hotton if he's there.

Tigers with the next two. We'll take whoever Melbourne leaves us out of Lindsay, Hotton and Smillie. Then probably Bo Allan.

6. Armstrong (ME)
7. Tauru (Norf)
8. Langford (St K)
9. Lombard (GC)
10. Hotton (St K)
11. Lindsay (ME)
12. Smillie (RI)
13. Allan (RI)
14. Travaglia (WC) (Travaglia is Italian for potato. Matt Clarke loves potatoes.)
15. Berry (PA)
16. Kako (ES)

Freo at 17 is a tough one to read. They really don't want for much and the old 'best available' is murkier than tiger_tough 's bath water. It's either a key back or a small forward. Best available says Hannaford.

That will piss orf the Giants. They love Hannafords. What do they need? Developing KPF. Rebounding defender. J.Whitlock? Harry Oliver? They have the next two picks. They could take 'em both.

Doggies next. They'd want a small forward but they're shit outta luck. They could use a rebounding defender - damn those Giants! Maybe they're the one who finally say Reid's too good to ignore. He can play forward and change mid. Yep. He's theirs.

Righto. Back to the Tiges. We'll be spewing if J.Whitlock's gawn. I hope we hate Shanahan as much as I do. (I don't hate him. Just as a key forward.) ****. Do we have to take Faull here? Ugh. He's no better than van Whatshisface. If this is how it falls I reckon we sell this pick. Slide back to 25-30 and grab a future first.

17. Hannaford (FR)
18. J.Whitlock (GWS)
19. Oliver (GWS)
20. Reid (WB)

That's all I got for now.

Melbourne have Jefferson and Van Rooyen developing as young key forwards, whilst Steven May is 32, McDonald is 32, and Tomlinson has buggered off. Who's to say they don't pick Tauru themselves?

Would be a smart pick.

Melbourne have Jefferson and Van Rooyen developing as young key forwards, whilst Steven May is 32, McDonald is 32, and Tomlinson has buggered off. Who's to say they don't pick Tauru themselves?

Would be a smart pick.
Shut up.

;)

Nah. Tauru is not a KPP. Jefferson is a blouse. Lever and Petty have a stack of years left down back. And Turner. Jed Adams.

We're trading for 2. Norf's not getting better than pick 6 from anyone else. So it's just a question of what we add.

Anything we give them is a bonus. They get their crush Tauru at 6, and then someone else. So guess what they're getting?

6 and 24 for 2. That's the deal. Maybe we make it 6 and 23 so we can entertain bids for 24 while we're at the pub after night 1. Yeah, okay. 6 and 23 cos we're nice.

That's it. No more, Norf. 6 and 23, that's a win. You get an extra player on top of the one you want. No one is outbidding that, and you're not keeping 2.

1. Lalor (RI)
2. Ashcroft (BR)
3. FOS (RI)
4. Draper (CA)
5. Smith (AD)

We can pretty much lock that in too. Then it gets interesting. Melbourne won't take Tauru at 6. They might be forced into taking Armstrong if they want him, by the threat of St Kilda otherwise picking him. It's Armstrong or Langford at 6.

Saints with 8 & 9. They take whichever of Langford or Armstrong Melbourne leave for them. And I reckon Lindsay. Or Hotton. Could be Smillie, but I reckon they need pace. They might bid on Lombard.

Dees again. It's Lindsay, Smillie or Hotton. I have a nasty feeling they go Hotton if he's there.

Tigers with the next two. We'll take whoever Melbourne leaves us out of Lindsay, Hotton and Smillie. Then probably Bo Allan.

6. Armstrong (ME)
7. Tauru (Norf)
8. Langford (St K)
9. Lombard (GC)
10. Hotton (St K)
11. Lindsay (ME)
12. Smillie (RI)
13. Allan (RI)
14. Travaglia (WC) (Travaglia is Italian for potato. Matt Clarke loves potatoes.)
15. Berry (PA)
16. Kako (ES)

Freo at 17 is a tough one to read. They really don't want for much and the old 'best available' is murkier than tiger_tough 's bath water. It's either a key back or a small forward. Best available says Hannaford.

That will piss orf the Giants. They love Hannafords. What do they need? Developing KPF. Rebounding defender. J.Whitlock? Harry Oliver? They have the next two picks. They could take 'em both.

Doggies next. They'd want a small forward but they're shit outta luck. They could use a rebounding defender - damn those Giants! Maybe they're the one who finally say Reid's too good to ignore. He can play forward and change mid. Yep. He's theirs.

Righto. Back to the Tiges. We'll be spewing if J.Whitlock's gawn. I hope we hate Shanahan as much as I do. (I don't hate him. Just as a key forward.) ****. Do we have to take Faull here? Ugh. He's no better than van Whatshisface. If this is how it falls I reckon we sell this pick. Slide back to 25-30 and grab a future first.

17. Hannaford (FR)
18. J.Whitlock (GWS)
19. Oliver (GWS)
20. Reid (WB)

As soon as I see a post with Jack Graham mk2 in our mix I stop reading.

Didn’t have 13 handballs unless they were not part of the video. If that’s his best stats and you had to go back to 2023, then that’s not sufficient for a top pick midfielder. FOS has stats that equate to a flanker.

I bet your the kind of person who would watch Bontempelli and Cripps and go nope there no good only average 18 possessions and can’t rack them up and would make vfl team at best.

Jog on fella.

You can play Finn O’Sullivan in three positions half / mid / fwd
Jagga can go one position mid

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The latest I’ve heard for what it’s worth…

The club loves 3 players. Lalor, FOS and Smillie.

The conundrum is we know Carlton love FOS and Melbourne love Smillie (& Reid apparently)

The risk of not trading up is that we go Lalor at 1 and miss FOS (Carlton 3) & Smillie (Melbourne 5)

In my trade post I told you we were planning to trade 6 & 11 for 2 but as many posters have pointed out, we probably have more leverage after the final day of trade when Nth sent 25 to the doggies and left themselves with daylight after 2.

I think in the clubs wildest dreams would be a scenario where we lose 10 + something in the teens for 2 and then go Lalor and FOS 1&2 and hope that the Dees go for either Armstrong, Reid or Tauru at 5 and we get get Smillie at 6.

The club also knows the saints are keen on Smillie so no way he makes it to 10, he will definitely be gone by saints at 7/8 or Melbourne at 9.

Lots of ducks and drakes at the moment…

like I put in the pod thread, I'll give fair warning here too.

Anyone trolling in the live chat will just be banned on the spot.

Like I have always said, don't have to agree with views or opinions but you do need to be respectful, especially whenever we have guests on from any walk of life.
But captain blood 17 is fair game yeah?

The conundrum is we know Carlton love FOS and Melbourne love Smillie (& Reid apparently)

The risk of not trading up is that we go Lalor at 1 and miss FOS (Carlton 3) & Smillie (Melbourne 5)

In my trade post I told you we were planning to trade 6 & 11 for 2 but as many posters have pointed out, we probably have more leverage after the final day of trade when Nth sent 25 to the doggies and left themselves with daylight after 2.

I think in the clubs wildest dreams would be a scenario where we lose 10 + something in the teens for 2 and then go Lalor and FOS 1&2 and hope that the Dees go for either Armstrong, Reid or Tauru at 5 and we get get Smillie at 6.

The club also knows the saints are keen on Smillie so no way he makes it to 10, he will definitely be gone by saints at 7/8 or Melbourne at 9.

Then we get Hotton or Lindsay at 10. I'm cool with that.

if Richmond trade pick 6 & 18 for pick 2 then consider it a blessing.
Both ways the two clubs win.
North get two Key Position players
We get 2 of the following Lalor / FOS / Jagga
3 of those players we are absolutely keen on.
You want another mid?
10 & 11 are still available we already have speed with the first two picks so 100% grab Bo Allen.
Job done. Richmond and north win win scenario

This guy has cracking info fwiw. 👏

If we get 1 & 2 while holding 6 I reckon Smith is there if Smillie isn't...

if Richmond trade pick 6 & 18 for pick 2 then consider it a blessing.
Both ways the two clubs win.
North get two Key Position players
We get 2 of the following Lalor / FOS / Jagga
3 of those players we are absolutely keen on.
You want another mid?
10 & 11 are still available we already have speed with the first two picks so 100% grab Bo Allen.
Job done. Richmond and north win win scenario
Forget what someone said about him being slow, Bo Allan is explosive, one of the quickest going around.

1. Lalor (RI)
2. Ashcroft (BR)
3. FOS (RI)
4. Draper (CA)
5. Smith (AD)

6. Armstrong (ME)
7. Tauru (Norf)
8. Langford (St K)
9. Lombard (GC)
10. Hotton (St K)
11. Lindsay (ME)
12. Smillie (RI)
13. Allan (RI)
15. Berry (PA)
16. Kako (ES)

17. Hannaford (FR)
18. J.Whitlock (GWS)
19. Oliver (GWS)
20. Reid (WB)

Looks good but North like Trainor aswell.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back