List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Norf lurkers, this plus pick 6 could be yours for the low price of pick 2.
View attachment 2149117
The jpeg is also part of the deal and features Kane McAullifes stunning rig, sure to be a collectors item.
It's also got Mate Colina's one appearance at Punt Rd.

WHY !!!!!

Why Not ?
If the players we rate at #6 are off the board and we are not in love with a particular player that we rate 7 or better
with picks #10 & #11 still available for the players we rate why should we just take a player we dont rate when we have options to move back to a range where we get value or above value for pick #6 and just take our #10 & #11 for the players we want.

e.g Trade pick #6 for Gws #15 , #16 , #21
Then we can either take 15 & 16 along with 10 & 11 and trade out 18 , 20 , 23 , 24 into F1's in 2025 giving Richmond 5 1st rounders under 20 and our 2nd rounder so 6 picks under 25 AGAIN !!!
whilst taking #1 , #10 , #11 , #15 , #16 this year

We cannot have tunnel vision and just think about this years draft this rebuild is going to take 3-4 years and we need 20 to draft kids coming into this club in the next 4 years to have the depth for sustained success

Pick #6 is not the holy grail
it is not pick 6, it is access to the players at pick 6.

no way 15 and 16 is worth pick 6 and with bids 15 and 16 will drift back even further

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the deal for #2 for #6 + #18 happens great if its for #6 + #20 even better but if we dont rate Smille / Langford at #6
i rather trade it out to GWS and i wouldnt be too upset with the following haul
#1 - Lalor
#10 - Allan
#11 - Travaglia
#15 - Berry
#16 - Hotton
#18 - Hannaford
#20 - Shannahan / Faull / Gerreyn / or another player we rate

Still allows for 3 picks #21 , #23 , #24 to be traded into 2025
it is only natural GWS want pick 6 for 15 and 16, pick 6 is a far better pick, they do not accept mediocrity.

you can get guys like Berry and Hotton in any draft over the years so why draft them at all, when you can always draft similar types later?

it is only natural GWS want pick 6 for 15 and 16, pick 6 is a far better pick, they do not accept mediocrity.

you can get guys like Berry and Hotton in any draft over the years so why draft them at all, when you can always draft similar types later?
And who do you suggest we get at pick #6 i would love to know who you think is the standout at that pick

I would have $$$ on Hotton being more talented

Also its #6 for #15 , #16 and #21
with the possibility to trade all 3 picks for Future 1st rounders thats the draw card

Then you not getting 2
so it is about 6 and not 2 then?

RFC really should be asking how do we get picks 5, 7, 8 and 9?

AS stated before I am open for RFC to trade our future first in 2025 but not for anything.

Picks 2, or 5/9, or 7/8 and some other combination would have to be involved

For North it gives them the opportunity to hold and assess where they are at end of 2025 use in the 2025 draft or 2026 draft by viewing the futures then as well as possibly trading for a young player or whoever so North has maximum flexibility.

RFC on the other hand are not in contention at the moment asn are seeking maximum value and talent acquistion for the years ahead with.a team building focus naturally one would think

Last edited:
Graham had a sub 3 sec 20m. His big issue was always the first 5m. Too slow to react

The only issue was the testers accidently only measured out 10m for his run

He has all the qualities that make a afl star lol literally the scouting reports have him down as no weaknesses but you think a back flanker at best? Com on mate
I was under the assumption you were assuming he’s shit, my bad but nah I just don’t agree with the flanker comments you can jog back now 😂

I used to be anti Langford due to speed but I watch him and I see qualities Now I like him.
Jagga is the only one of the seven who is completely restricted to midfield he can’t go elsewhere but I do like the kid hence why I’m all in on pick 2 to grab one of Lalor, Smith, Finn
FOS has obvious quality but I think he equates to a HFF part time mid. He’s possession rate is not great but he is good with ball in hand and in the air. I just think he’s about pick 6 not 1,2. I do think Jagga is just purely a mid but thats because he works tirelessly in the middle and those types need to be rested on the bench not sent forward.

My perfect would be Jagga with Lalor/Langford then FOS.

6 days ago he said we’d be live trading for pick 2! Hicksy smoking to much of the pipe the little campaigner
SOS as crazy as he is, would never swap 7,8 for 2, that's just bat shit crazy.......even if North give a future back

and Demons aren't swapping 5,9 for 2......... why would they? have already given up their F1

Rawlings said BEFORE they traded 25 & 44 that they'll swap 2 for a small slide back

now that they've only got 2, 62 that changes things a lot

swapping 6 + ? for 2, would be insane, we have all the cards.........why fold?

as good as having 1 and 2 is, we hold the best hand in the game (1, 6, 10, 11, 18, 20, 23 all 1st Rd's)

no one else has the chips that we have for dealing pick 2..........not even GWS 15, 16, 21 would be tempting for 2

10 & 11 is plenty for 2 (better than 12, 14 for 3)..........keep 1, 6, 18, 20, 23 and 24

means we go to the draft with 1, 2, 6, 18, 20, 23 and 24

1, 2, 6............we get 3 of Lalor, FOS, Draper, Langford, Smillie and Smith (the so called top 6)

18, 20, 23.......... we draft KP's or runners?

trade 24 to the highest bidder

draft 5 or at most 6 depending on who is left and whether we really rate them

i KNOW people will say Norf won't go for it, but what happens if they have no choice (like WC)

the worst that can happen is we make them use 2 and miss out on the flying Viking, or they take him that high

who cares........i don't

1729518931886.png

what Blues traded for pick 3
1729520258298.png

SOS as crazy as he is, would never swap 7,8 for 2, that's just bat shit crazy.......even if North give a future back

and Demons aren't swapping 5,9 for 2......... why would they? have already given up their F1

Rawlings said BEFORE they traded 25 & 44 that they'll swap 2 for a small slide back

as good as having 1 and 2 is, we hold the best hand in the game (1, 6, 10, 11, 18, 20, 23 all 1st Rd's)

no one else has the chips that we have for dealing pick 2..........not even GWS 15, 16, 21 would be tempting for 2

10 & 11 is plenty for 2 (better than 12, 14 for 3)..........keep 1, 6, 18, 20, 23 and 24

1, 2, 6............we get 3 of Lalor, FOS, Draper, Langford, Smillie and Smith (the so called top 6)

i KNOW people will say Norf won't go for it, but what happens if they have no choice (like WC)

the worst that can happen is we make them use 2 and miss out on the flying Viking, or they take him that high

who cares........i don't

View attachment 2149237

View attachment 2149260
Im a NO to trading #10 + #11

If we have #1 + #2 we have already taken the cream of the top end crop Lalot & FOS hopefully
why have another mid in that range when we can take 2 players like Hotton & Berry that offer speed agility in both Mid/FWD either of these kids actually have the talent to become best out of this draft

I would much rather have the
FOS - Lalor - Hotton - Berry combination with our 4 picks 1,2,10,11

who cares........i don't

View attachment 2149237

View attachment 2149260

I’m not fussed on pick 6 like many in here. I personally think 6 & 18 is perfect.
We get 1 & 2
Then from there back to back again at 10 & 11
I personally didn’t like the fact he chose Smilie and Lalor as our midfield picks either. Smilie or Langford need to be paired with Jagga.
We can also draft pick 1 next year and grab Sharp who is likely to be favoured.
Having less picks this year isn’t bad either we don’t need to draft as many as we can 6 is a sweet spot in the first round to.

Im a NO to trading #10 + #11

If we have #1 + #2 we have already taken the cream of the top end crop Lalot & FOS hopefully
why have another mid in that range when we can take 2 players like Hotton & Berry that offer speed agility in both Mid/FWD either of these kids actually have the talent to become best out of this draft

I would much rather have the
FOS - Lalor - Hotton - Berry combination with our 4 picks 1,2,10,11
yeah, i get what you're saying but Lalor and FOS aren't slouches when it comes to speed and agility

keeping 6 means we get Smillie or Langford..........Smith, Draper will be gone to the Blues and Crows I'd guess

I'm no draft expert but it sounds like there are 1 -6, 7-15, 16-30 range?

we don't need to draft 4 or 5 midfield types (runners) when we have next year to go for another 2 (with some F1's from this year)

we'll finish near the bottom while we're rebuilding the next 2 years, so plenty of time

3 A - graders this year, another 2 - 3 in 2025 and 2 - 3 more in 2026 before Tas comes in 2027

that would set us up for our future midfield..........spread over 3 years

can't/shouldn't try to do it mainly in the one draft

just my opinion

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back