List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

They probably interviewed 20, he voted Lalor so they cut it so they could run the line of Richmond want him at 1 but no one voted for him.

#weareeveryonesgrandfinal
I listen to future stars on sen every Wednesday night. They always have a young draft prospect on 90% of those players chose Finn as number 1 they didn't hesitate in picking him

This whole video gets better and better and better. Looks pissed off this game, giving a lot off the ball. And as the game goes on he tries to put the team on his back and wills them along.

The game against the Bushrangers is dominant too. It's obvious he began to put it all together in the video I linked though

Has genuine star qualities. Some of those long kicks are elite.

Get the hamstring right, build the tank and we are on.

Saints trading 7 & 8 for 2.... not even Crazy Vossy would do that, unless they threw in F1. North's only avenue to trade back will be with us. Said all along, after trading 11&20 to GWS for 15&16. We on trade 10&15 for 2&64, leaving us with picks:

1, 2, 6, 16, 18, 23, 24 and 64

I'm not as clued up on what other clubs needs are, but seeing most of the phantom drafts, hoping (within reason) something like this eventuates:

1. Ashcroft (bid - **** em, no stand out player, so make em pay up. If Lalor the leader we think he is... he wont give a shit)
2. Lalor (Rich)
3. FOS (Rich)
4. Draper (Carl)
5. Smilie (Adel)
6. Armstrong (Melb)
7. Smith (Rich) - prefer Smilie, but suspect he'll be off the board. We wont pass on Smith 3 times. If Melb go mid, we go Armstrong.
8. Lombard (Gold Coast) - player bid
9. Langford (STK) - best mid available
10. Travaglia (STK) - only risk of Tauru not getting to North.
11. Kako (Ess) - player bid
12. Reid (Melb) - went tall early, go best available mid here
13. Tauru (North) - get their man (suspect if they miss Tauru, they might go Allan or one of the Whitlocks and try to get both)
14. Marshall (Bris) - GWS wont let Brisbane off paying for Marshall
15. Hotton (GWS) - they will go player with the biggest upside, have young kids to burn already so can be patient
16. Allan (WCE) - home boy and fits need
17. Oliver (Port) - replacement for Houston
18. Davis (Freo) - reckon he's the bolter. Home boy, playing against men... ready now.
19. Whitlock (North) - potentially Shanahan... which would hurt, but this is where our fingers will be crossed.
20. Shanahan (Rich) - next best tall, if not Faull
21. Hynes (Dogs) - best available midfielder, could even see them pick Trainor here as think they need to focus on defense.
22. Faull (Rich) - going on what others have said on tall talent. 3 elite mids, 2 players to sit in the spine. Picking for need with 23 & 24... anyone can be moulded into a running half back
23. Other Whitlock (Syd) - assuming they go tall
24. Jaques (GWS) - defender, to go with Hotton - particularly following recent departures.
25. Dattoli (GWS) - best available mid/fwd. Might potentially go Gerryn to bolster ruck stocks.
26. Sims (Syd) - expecting him to be a bit of a bolter. Reckon clubs will rate him higher than the Whitlocks.
27. Trainer (Rich) - given the amount of picks we have, reckon this is one we can risk. On paper, fits need.
--
28. Highest bidder. (Rich) If you wanted to use, taking either Hannaford, Berry and Lindsay still available if desperate for a small forward, probably a preference for Hannaford with a bit of X factor. Have an allergic reaction to drafting ruckman - always the buy ruckmen in. Gerryn looks built at least so not opposed (Rich)
64. Davidson, unused pick for KMac (Rich)

Results:
1. Lalor
2. FOS
7. Smith
20. Shanahan
22. Faull
27. Trainer
28. traded or Hannaford
64. Davidson or KMac

Jeez I like it but we also miss out on Travaglia - Rioli Replacement
Hotton - shai replacement
Berry - baker replacement

Nah I’m not happy with that
6 and 10 has to be off the table. They want to split the pick, we don't need it. We don't have to make it fair and equitable. If they want multiple 1st rounders they're looking at 6 and one of our late R1 picks.

Which is why I am deas against trafing for 2.

FOS and Lalor are nice,

but

Lalor, Armstrong/Langford/Tauru/ with extremely small chances one of Draper/Smith are there at 6/7

plus keeping something like 18/23 where we could take Faull/Shanahan/Jaques/Dattoli etc

would be much better.
Totally disagree

If we are talking list balance wise, Armstrong should be our pick 6 if he is available as there is no guarantee we get Shanahan later unless we pick him at 10 or 11 (which I wouldn't necessarily be against.

1: Lalor
6: Armstrong
10: Travaglia
11: Shanahan
18: Hynes
20: Berry/Dattoli
23: Dodson
24: Trainor

Would be a decent haul imo.
Waste of time and development in taking a ruck in the 1st round plus 5 players over 190 cm is way to many

(Log in to remove this ad.)

6 and 10 has to be off the table. They want to split the pick, we don't need it. We don't have to make it fair and equitable. If they want multiple 1st rounders they're looking at 6 and one of our late R1 picks.
100%.

And this is what Tom fails to mention. We aren't desperate for that Pick, North need to move it.

6 & 10 is crazy overs. 6 & 18 probably gets it done but I'd be sitting on 10 & 18 for a while to see if they blink.

We have 18, 20, 23 and 24. We are going to be in a position to take one or multiple of those players you mentioned even if we traded out one of 18, 20 or 23.

All we will be doing is upgrading 6 to 2 and losing one of those back of first round picks. We will still have 10 and 11 as well.

I don't think I'll ever understand the resistance of trading up to pick 2. It just feels like backwards logic when we could have full access to the top two draft prospects on our draft board and also the ability to throw out a couple of bids at pick 2 to make sure Brisbane and Gold Coast pay for Ashcroft and Lombard respectively.

We lose one pick but we are still likely taking 7 players with the picks we have remaining.

What am I missing here?
Your not missing anything
Your spot on

If they're deluded enough to do that hell yeah. It's gonna be pick 2/3 next year.

Well I don’t think north will be that bad next year compared to many others. Clubs have shown multiple times they can rise quickly. But if it is the case and north want more 6/10/24 pick 2 & future 1st ie another pick 2/3 isn’t all that bad

Guys can we please stop taking richoatthedisco's posts literally, and start interpreting them as complete and utter bulldust, as he subliminally intended? Thanks.
oh boy, you are going to get roasted in a multi quote

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back