List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure I'd be willing to trade our future 1st though. Not with our list in rebuild mode and talk of that Sharp kid in SA being a standout so far.

We could possibly trade up for pick 2. Grab either Lalor, FOS / Smith, then add this Sharp kid next year. 3 gun mids sorted in 2 drafts.
a lot are hesistant about trading future 1st.

I think we could finish last next year. If we did, and we traded it off beforehand, cannot be accused of tanking really

North would be hesitant for Sharp I suppose because of JHF but they got SHeezel and Mecercher out of JHR

Melbourne might be interested in 5 and 9 for future first especially if Oliver still looking to jump ship and Petracca on dicy ground to. Gawn will not be there forever and how will two draft picks now really help Gawn win a premiership right now anyway? Some may say Melbourne traded away futures to get 5 and 9, which is true but they did not trade away RFC future first let alone pick one of 2025

Last edited:
#6 is the center piece to any trade with North for #2
They are only trading down to get the extra pick whilst getting their guy at #6 either Tauru/Armstrong

What is the extra pick is the only question
my bet would be #18 as anything more would be very much over pay for the talent thats at Pick #2
North are an extremely eager vendor
6 is not in equation blues got pick 3 for 12 and 14. Why would we give them 6 and 18. Super draft and players will slide. North is shopping it around has to be on our terms.

If there is 2 clear cut players you’re right but if the club considers there is nothing between the top 6 or 7 then trading 2 picks for one is unnecessary.
Regardless of whether they're clear cut or not, the club will still have a draft ranking for each player. People are overstating the evenness of the top 6/7 and are understating the importance of getting the players that we want to build the club around.

Why risk it with holding pick 6 when we can simply drop one later pick and have the best two kids secured at 1 and 2.

I feel like people are still living in the early 2000's and are afraid that the club is going to screw it up somehow because this is probably the most common sense trade ever but it's still being debated to high heaven for some bloody reason.

Guys can we please stop taking richoatthedisco's posts literally, and start interpreting them as complete and utter bulldust, as he subliminally intended? Thanks.
Well, yeah. If you literally think that I was literally saying that Lalor is literally Hodge and FOS is literally Judd then you are literally a ****ing idiot.

Youre the one who bloody mentioned their names LOL
Yeah. After I said if you want to compare this draft to 2001. Do you understand comparisons?

oh boy, you are going to get roasted in a multi quote
You know me so well.

:heart:

I did say to temper your expectations...
Look, Tom Morris isn't overly familiar with the draft and it just sounds like he is throwing a couple of picks out there but for anyone thinking 6 won't be involved needs to quickly get themselves prepared.

It's still likely going to be 6 and 18.
If they'll accept 18 they'll accept 20, and if they'll accept 20 they'll accept 23.

6 & 24 it is.

Zero Hangar has us taking FOS, Reid, Travaglia, Tauru, Berry, Faull, Barrat with our 1st rounders.

Lalor went 2 & Smillie 7.
Zero Hangar. LOL. I give Hicksy more cred.

6 is not in equation blues got pick 3 for 12 and 14. Why would we give them 6 and 18. Super draft and players will slide. North is shopping it around has to be on our terms.
Because if #6 is not involved then we just dont trade to get #2 - Its not for trade unless it involves #6
North wont trade down if they cant get the player they want

we really should be chasing 5, 7, 8 and 9 as well as 2.

North may not be able to get 5 but we might be able, same with 7, 8 and 9
What are you on about? Do you think those clubs traded up for those picks just for the sake of it, only to just trade back out of the top 10?

Alot of media speculation for me got feeling where going to the draft with our picks and will take offers for our picks in the twenties range.

Depends who their target is. Tauru has only become a top 10 contender off back of North's interest. If they have him reaching 10, then they may prefer 10 & 11 to 6 & 18. Would give them the pick of the small forwards (Hotton, Berry, Hannaford) as well as a KPP as I think the small forwards will get snapped up between 10 & 17 if we hold them both plus Freo, Port, GWS & Dogs. but they'd need to be pretty certain on Tauru (if he is indeed the main target)

6 & 18 is a better trade for us I think. 10 & 11 will be where great value lies.
Let's give them 10 & 23.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, yeah. If you literally think that I was literally saying that Lalor is literally Hodge and FOS is literally Judd then you are literally a ****ing idiot.

Yeah. After I said if you want to compare this draft to 2001. Do you understand comparisons?

You know me so well.

If they'll accept 18 they'll accept 20, and if they'll accept 20 they'll accept 23.

6 & 24 it is.

Season 7 Nbc GIF by The Office

Because if #6 is not involved then we just dont trade to get #2 - Its not for trade unless it involves #6
North wont trade down if they cant get the player they want
North want a kpp that they rate which they can get in 2025 or 2026 or elsewhere so a future first of RFC is in play ignoring 6 for 2 even if they will not admit it

So it’s confirmed 2 for 6 and 10?
LOl you guys are funny

Tom is just fluffing north up for the Big Bad Blair to come in dry

dont fall for it as its only going to ruin your draft experience and accept its #6 + #18 and you won't be disappointed

Tom Morris though a mid 20's selection was about the value of Baker and #10 + #10 would be enough for Bolton

LOl you guys are funny

Tom is just fluffing north up for the Big Bad Blair to come in dry

dont fall for it as its only going to ruin your draft experience and accept its #6 + #18 and you won't be disappointed

Tom Morris though a mid 20's selection was about the value of Baker and #10 + #10 would be enough for Bolton

The Gun, in todays crazy world, where up is down and down is up, as we are constantly striving for material things that ultimately don’t make us happy,
Why quibble over “picks”. 6,11,18,24,69……… they are just numbers.

Let’s just be friends instead ❤️

You know me so well.

6 & 24 it is.

Someone's a bit upset

george GIF

So you want to trade 2025 Richmond's pick #1

Are you for real
you do not read my posts.

Why would I not be real???

we are talking about pick 1 in 2025, not Lalor

We already know there is no Harley Reid in 2025 because if there was we already would know about it

We are not talking about pick 1 in 2025 for the likes of Hotton, and or Berry

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back