List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree, this rebuild is going to take more than 1 year and more than 2 players. Need to play the long game and with our current picks we are already ahead of the curve.

It's a deep draft, otherwise recruiters would be saying only the top 6 are worth it. They aren't they are saying it goes deep past 20. **** pick 2.
Not only is it a deep draft but there are 6-7 players that are in contention to be #1 and they are rated as equal depending on who you listen to or read.

FOS - Lalor - Jagga - Draper - Smillie - Langford - Tauru - Reid - Armstrong
whilst we have our favorites we could just as easily be so happy with any of the 2 players above and we may even get 3 of the players above with #1 , #6 , #10

Reckon he is talking more about trading some late picks into next year. Maybe pick 20 & 23 if a team is desperate enough.
Possibly means trading back like he did last year for the McAuliffe pick.

Rack up some future picks while falling down the board to grab a guy you know will be available at 30 or something.

It’s very difficult to assess given this appears to be a very even draft with great depth - highly unusual. Here’s what I’d trade based on THIS draft (not based on historical returns of draft picks over time):

Pick-4: I’d trade 11 and 20
Pick-5: 11 & 23
Pick-7: 18 & 20
Pick-8: 20 & 24
Pick-9: 23 & 24

In a normal draft will less depth you’d offer better deals … but not when it seems there might not be a lot between pick 9 and pick-25.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
and that is fair enough from your perspective.

So if it was strategic as well( in relation to other picks), RFC might be willing to part slight overs simply to access the player(s) they want( with the emphasis on slight because no one would want to go overboard if egos get out of hand)

For example lets assume your analysis is bang on the money but RFC really wanted someone they know they could get at 8, it gets iffy after. RFC might be willing to go 18 and 24 simply to get what they ultimately want within reason

Possibly means trading back like he did last year for the McAuliffe pick.

Rack up some future picks while falling down the board to grab a guy you know will be available at 30 or something.

Wasn't AFLHQ upset Richmond did that last year and plan to ban it, as it affected the credibility of the draft :rolleyes:

Reckon we package 2 late picks (20 & 23) for future 1st rounder (equivalent of pick 6 points wise) if we get the players we are planning to get with our first 5 picks.

Also leaves pick 24 available overnight if someone else is planning to trade for it.

We use picks 1, 6, 10, 11, 18 and walk into next year with 2 additional 1st rounders.
With 8 list spots to fill. We only draft 5 we won't be able to delist anyone. we will need to elevate 3 rookie players and then draft 4, 5 rookies.

I'd use 7 or 8 picks from this strong draft. The more we take means we can delist a player or 2.

That announcement must be soon

View attachment 2149979

lol FOS @ 2 behind Ashcroft.

I mean he is right, but not much has changed since his last phantom, Twomey just showing he has no conviction and just follows recruiters for his “personal rankings”.

Also has Lalor at 4 and Jagga at 5 up 2 and down 2 respectively. 🤣

I mean he is right, but not much has changed since his last phantom, Twomey just showing he has no conviction and just follows recruiters for his “personal rankings”.
Reads like if there are no trades done this will be the order at least to start. North taking Langford I could definitely see.

Do we take Draper or home-grown Smillie.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Reid at 6 is the smokey yeah?
Maybe Dees hit at 5/ 6

it's not his mock, it's a form guide , his mock
Comes out November

This Mr. Magic guy is an absolute peanut. Why is he allowed to derail threads with his dribble?
I have posted the same. I can not understand how he’s allowed to just derail threads. I declared him as the magic virus. But mods have not put out a virus guard to eradicate it.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back