List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

He is the best handballer in class for mine. The way he releases players into space (as you said) is Shedda like and like Shedda it gets overlooked a lot.

I also think his pace is fine but his granny dropped him a rung for me. I know he was injured early in Third and carrying something into game but I didn’t think he handled GWV physical pressure and attention in the 2nd well. He’ll learn but compared to Jagga (was it the week before or 2 weeks before?) when tagged who also struggled a bit but got through it I just couldn’t have reid ahead after that.

Dee’s are all over him apparently so I don’t think he gets past 9. It’s a shame because with Tauru they’re my sneaky favs but I don’t see a world where we get either.
If we’ve not traded for 2 would Tauru
Fall to our pick 10? If Reid also available would you take him? Or others?

I think a lot of people are underselling Norths F1 here. Yes this is a strong even draft and yes next years isn't considered as strong, but a lot can change in 12 months. Yes i agree that North will most likely rise but i still think it will be a top 10 pick (maybe around 8 or below). And we only lose 1 pick in this draft and there is no way we would of used them all anyway. Id happily upgrade 6 to pick 2 and lose 1 of our other picks to have another 2 x top 10 picks next year. That sets us right up.

I wouldn’t personally reach for either. but if the clubs wants to pair them up, stranger things have happened.

Hynes is a gun. Quality medium forward that can legit go into the mid and impact. Is a taller, stronger, higher footy IQ, that can also play midfield version of Cumberland. Very competitive and will be a fan favourite. Has a high ceiling for AFL footy.
If he gets out of the first round it would be a lucky get.
yeah doubt Hynes gets to thirties, he is interesting enough for someone to nab him beforehand for sure

That seems like a massive reach. No way.
At the time of draft yes! Few years, maybe no.

I was just throwing out a hypothetical if the tiges wanted to pair the twins up which would be pretty unique.

Still possible at 18,20 and 23 picks tbh. Some clubs that have one pick might just have a particular player they wanna grab so they might grab either of them in the teens

At the time of draft yes! Few years, maybe no.

I was just throwing out a hypothetical if the tiges wanted to pair the twins up which would be pretty unique.

Still possible at 18,20 and 23 picks tbh. Some clubs that have one pick might just have a particular player they wanna grab so they might grab either of them in the teens
Is it just me or is the hype around the Whitlock twins exactly the same as what we saw with the King twins?

They are all a bit light to shoulder the responsibility of being the main KPF's, too easily held off the ball or blocked, as a second KPF they're harder matchups. Give me a bullocking KPF over them every time, Hawkins, Walker and maybe a Darcy Fogarty type (is coming into his prime) I'm just not seeing the contested marking in any of the KPF's this year, I could be wrong, but just my take.

Lalor / FOS -best mates
Whitlocks - fam

Lets just build a team of besties and family, they will never leave.

Edit: Unless its a Rioli :(
Should pick all vic country lads
The metro Boys all sleep with the lights on

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sam Lalor ticks a lot of boxes, tackles to hurt & seems competitive that takes you long way in AFL.
than you add in all the talent he has.

Too many times we have seen talented juniors not reach their ceiling because they didn't have the competitiveness.

Having seen footage of Lalor and viewed his stats, it’s hard to see how he’s not our preferred #1.

He’s explosive, can find the ball, can kick 60m, can tackle and break tackles, looks skilled, can mark, has leadership qualities, is a competitive beast etc… and he’s not yet even done a pre-season due to cricket commitments.

On what measure are people ranking FOS ahead of him? Overhead marking ability yes. But what else does FOS possess that sees him ranked above Lalor in some people’s eyes? I am struggling to see why you’d take FOS over Lalor with the info we have..??

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Don't understand the obsession with getting pick 2 in an even draft year. People carrying on like this is our 1 and only shot at rebuilding. We're odds on for another 2 No. 1 picks and a priority pick 2026. Theres also every chance a Smillie type at 6 could have a greater career than a FOS type at 2? Great article about Vlastuin being our longest serving current player on Tigs website. I'd much rather 2 bites of the cherry and watch North slit their own throats.

As it stands we've got 8 picks in 24. Best target who we want/ need and field offers on the night. If they're too irresistible to refuse then cash in. The more picks the better. As it stands with 8 picks odds are at least 2 aren't able to make the step up to AFL, another will be injury prone. We should be able to land 2 good mids 2 good KP and hopefully a small fwd and best available at other areas. I'd rather no hbf when we've got gazillions up our sleeves.

Last edited:
The rumour is that north and tigers are discussing norths f1 at the moment

Not much talk re pick 2.

Also maybe other clubs are pushing the Tarau to north narrative
Says to me one of two things (or possibly both) is occurring.

1. The value of pick 2 can’t be agreed upon.
2. North hasn’t got confidence that it’s target (regardless if it is Tauru or someone else) will make it to 6.

Which to be fair is probably exactly what you were suggesting.

I think a lot of people are underselling Norths F1 here. Yes this is a strong even draft and yes next years isn't considered as strong, but a lot can change in 12 months. Yes i agree that North will most likely rise but i still think it will be a top 10 pick (maybe around 8 or below). And we only lose 1 pick in this draft and there is no way we would have used them all anyway. Id happily upgrade 6 to pick 2 and lose 1 of our other picks to have another 2 x top 10 picks next year. That sets us right up.

All about value.

Yes North’s pick should be a top 10 pick. But there’s a risk that it isn’t.

Yes a lot can change in 12 months and the view of the 2025 draft may be significantly rosier than it is now. But there’s a risk that it isn’t (there’s also a risk that it could be worse).

There’s no guarantee that even if it’s this years 11 for what become North Melbourne’s 8 in 2025 (as an example of where North’s F1 could land) that the players available at 8 in 2025 will be as good as the player available at 11 in 2024. Another risk.

Those risks needs to be factored in to any deal for anyone’s future first, including North’s.

Then it’s worth separating any possible deals. I.e. what could a trade up for pick 2 look like and what could a trade out for a F1 look like to ascertain value.

As no one else is probably likely to offer a top 10 pick + to North to move up to pick 2 other than Richmond (can’t see Carlton, Adelaide, St Kilda or Melbourne doing it), then offering 6 + 10/11 isn’t worth it. If it’s 6 + 18 then that’s probably more likely the value for Richmond. Whether that’s acceptable for North is a different question (if it was a market value trade, I’d say 6 + 11 would be the deal; but this is a different draft and North have really only one team to deal with).

Right now, I think if Richmond were to put those picks between 18 and 24 on the table, multiple teams would pay F1+ for it (Essendon and WCE might try to trade back in), such is the view of this draft and what it would take for teams to get back into it. If North were to only offer its F1, noting the risks above it wouldn’t be worth the 10/11 picks, but 18+.

Personally think North keep 2 and try to trade back in using its F1’s (one of Richmond’s, GWS’ or Sydney’s back end first round picks as not sure anyone else between 11 and 18 will want to trade out of this draft).

North take Tauru ant pick 2 and see who falls to the later pick.

And really thats exactly what the value is

I mentioned thses 2 picks when we got the bolton trade done as the trade as it just felt right
I just watched and he said he’d give no more than 6 and 18. That could be 6 and 18/20/23/24. If offer 23 and a firm take it or leave it. 23 is still R1.

If we’ve not traded for 2 would Tauru
Fall to our pick 10? If Reid also available would you take him? Or others?

Maybe? I can see a world where Dees take Tauru at 9 and saints at 8. I think they’d prefer mids though but dees have taken risks in past and saints just lost battle, so there’s some incentive to consider Tauru at those spots. What do you think?

Personally I’d **** everyone and take him at 6 cos I’d be pissed we missed FOS at 2. But I’m all in on the highest ceilings.

I don’t think Blair will go that way, I reckon he’ll want the midfield settled as the top 6 in my book all have a pretty similar afl level floors as mids.

So if he’s there at 10 i think he’d be highly considered.

But I also just struggle to see Norf not trading 2, they’re midfields stacked and sure you could sit FOS at hff but they’re lack of young KPP is a glaring hole in their list profile. They’re not us, they won’t convince a lynch to come to their club in the future, the best bet is to draft one. Slide to 6/10 get Tauru or Armstrong if that’s the play and get a swing at the group of keys at the end of the first. We get to pick our fav two out of the top 6 and, if Blair is right on his game, get the third of top 6 to set up midfield for next 12 seasons. It’s such an obvious win for both sides in my book.

As for Reid, I don’t want to pair him with Jagga, not enough physicality in a midfield between them, think it’s one or other. But would take him at 7 otherwise. Where have you got him?

Wouldn't be surprised if we did a deal both both pick 2 and F1.

Yep … Clarko is a very desperate man. He doesn’t want to wait for a top-5 pick next year to then develop them. He wants elite picks now to go with his collection of retirees he got in the trade period.

So I’d not be surprised if we do pick-6, pick-11 and pick-24 for #2 and North’s F1 & F3.

So we take 6 players this draft : 1, 2, 10, 18, 20 & 23.

And have an extra first rounder tucked away likely to be a top-6 pick and potentially #2.

North get Tauru and two more picks in a strong draft…. They really don’t need any more elite picks if they get 3 this draft.

And we still take 6 picks in the top echelon.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Says to me one of two things (or possibly both) is occurring.

1. The value of pick 2 can’t be agreed upon.
2. North hasn’t got confidence that it’s target (regardless if it is Tauru or someone else) will make it to 6.

Which to be fair is probably exactly what you were suggesting.

All about value.

Yes North’s pick should be a top 10 pick. But there’s a risk that it isn’t.

Yes a lot can change in 12 months and the view of the 2025 draft may be significantly rosier than it is now. But there’s a risk that it isn’t (there’s also a risk that it could be worse).

There’s no guarantee that even if it’s this years 11 for what become North Melbourne’s 8 in 2025 (as an example of where North’s F1 could land) that the players available at 8 in 2025 will be as good as the player available at 11 in 2024. Another risk.

Those risks needs to be factored in to any deal for anyone’s future first, including North’s.

Then it’s worth separating any possible deals. I.e. what could a trade up for pick 2 look like and what could a trade out for a F1 look like to ascertain value.

As no one else is probably likely to offer a top 10 pick + to North to move up to pick 2 other than Richmond (can’t see Carlton, Adelaide, St Kilda or Melbourne doing it), then offering 6 + 10/11 isn’t worth it. If it’s 6 + 18 then that’s probably more likely the value for Richmond. Whether that’s acceptable for North is a different question (if it was a market value trade, I’d say 6 + 11 would be the deal; but this is a different draft and North have really only one team to deal with).

Right now, I think if Richmond were to put those picks between 18 and 24 on the table, multiple teams would pay F1+ for it (Essendon and WCE might try to trade back in), such is the view of this draft and what it would take for teams to get back into it. If North were to only offer its F1, noting the risks above it wouldn’t be worth the 10/11 picks, but 18+.

Personally think North keep 2 and try to trade back in using its F1’s (one of Richmond’s, GWS’ or Sydney’s back end first round picks as not sure anyone else between 11 and 18 will want to trade out of this draft).

North take Tauru ant pick 2 and see who falls to the later pick.

Norths pick has been pick 1 or 2 for the last 5 years.

Assuming pick 8 for 2025 is conservative to say the least

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back