List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd rather take a chance on the Bombers F1 pick than Norths.
The bombers are 1 key injury away from a world of hurt IMO.
Definitely go after bombers F1. Their list is crap. By mid year they’ll be wanting to sack the coach. Both their F1s worth grabbing.

I think it was F1 for #13 plus they wanted a late pick as well but GC were not interested in that
#6 + #18 is fair value for pick #2 imo but hey if its 6 +23 im not complaining but doubt that happens if we are serious about getting #2
Why not 23? The draft points are dead even between 2 and 6+ 23. The first six picks are very even, the draft bats deep into the mid 20s. Supposedly a mid twenties pick this year would be worth a mid teens any other year. Offering 23 taking into account these circumstances, is not a test of our seriousness, but rather theirs, as they are the supposed motivated sellers. They say no then fine, we can't lose either way.

ESPN Phantom Draft
I'd be stoked if this were to happen, shows the possible benefit of just holding our picks.
Although I highly doubt Jagga would fall to us at 7 though, but it's possible... just.

Herbyliscious has a great theory on the F1 north pick.

What if we are obtaining F1 picks (along with our own) to make a play for Harley Reid?

I assume he comes out of contract next year?

Herbyliscious has a great theory on the F1 north pick.

What if we are obtaining F1 picks (along with our own) to make a play for Harley Reid?

I assume he comes out of contract next year?

Having seen footage of Lalor and viewed his stats, it’s hard to see how he’s not our preferred #1.

He’s explosive, can find the ball, can kick 60m, can tackle and break tackles, looks skilled, can mark, has leadership qualities, is a competitive beast etc… and he’s not yet even done a pre-season due to cricket commitments.

On what measure are people ranking FOS ahead of him? Overhead marking ability yes. But what else does FOS possess that sees him ranked above Lalor in some people’s eyes? I am struggling to see why you’d take FOS over Lalor with the info we have..??

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Decision making, endurance and probably more consistent disposal.

But Lalor sounds like he’ll be the pick and it’s still an excellent pick as he is bigger and has game breaker strength that FOS doesn’t have.

Norths pick has been pick 1 or 2 for the last 5 years.

Assuming pick 8 for 2025 is conservative to say the least

Maybe, maybe not. I’ve seen Richmond go from 13th to 1st. I’ve seen them also crash to a wooden spoon somewhat unexpectedly. Who knows what 2025 will bring for any team.

I just used 8 as an example, but the point is still the same. Anyone trading a high pick for an F1 takes on a lot of risk and that risk needs to be factored in to the F1’s worth comparative to this year.

Some of you people are in love with the Lalor, FOS combo.
Is this because Lalor plays a bit like Dusty and FOS plays a bit like Cotchin, and you want to rebuild the 2017 dreamteam?

Yep … Clarko is a very desperate man. He doesn’t want to wait for a top-5 pick next year to then develop them. He wants elite picks now to go with his collection of retirees he got in the trade period.

So I’d not be surprised if we do pick-6, pick-11 and pick-24 for #2 and North’s F1 & F3.

So we take 6 players this draft : 1, 2, 10, 18, 20 & 23.

And have an extra first rounder tucked away likely to be a top-6 pick and potentially #2.

North get Tauru and two more picks in a strong draft…. They really don’t need any more elite picks if they get 3 this draft.

And we still take 6 picks in the top echelon.

giving 6 and 11 away in this draft is crazy!!

Travaglia is a talent can play midfield to. Lindsay is one dimensional for me and bit of a receiver.
STRENGTHS:

• Ball use
  • Consistency
  • Inside-outside balance
  • Kick penetration
  • Versatility
  • Work rate

IMPROVEMENTS:

• Endurance
  • Inside craft

Lindsay is a player whose improvement areas are difficult to identify given he does so many things well, and has no glaring weaknesses. His best trait is arguably his ball use, credit to a raking left-foot kick when is often used to penetrate the attacking 50. He uses the ball well on the run, either wheeling away from stoppages or chaining possessions on the outside. Lindsay makes the right decisions and is largely effective in the short and long-range.

If being pedantic, Lindsay's kicking is perhaps at its best when lowering his eyes. He is adept at gaining quick metres and compounding them by launching the ball long, but looks so slick when darting short passes inside, down the line, or to leading targets inside 50. Either way, he generates great momentum in attacking phases either as a connective outside runner or clearance winner.

Having cut his teeth as a wingman and defender, Lindsay began to gain midfield exposure late last year and that was his primary position for Gippsland in 2024. He still reverted back to that original posting at times for Vic Country and the AFL Academy, but came into the year wanting to improve his inside craft and followed through to average 5.4 clearances from 23.4 disposals in the Coates Talent League.

In that sense, Lindsay gets a big tick for versatility. He has maintained his quality on the wing and flanks while improving his contested work and enjoying stints up forward. Few others have the same kind of inside-outside balance as he is developing, and continuing to build his endurance base will only widen his scope. It will also lend to greater durability and see him become even more prolific from contest to contest.

Lindsay's consistency is felt through his work rate and week-on-week output. He is capable of racking up bulk possessions as a designated kicker or go-to at the centre bounces, hardly wavering in his ability to have between 20-30 touches. Even if he doesn't his ball use makes him a high-impact type. While most midfielders' defensive running could improve, Lindsay has also shown an appetite for tackling and hunts the opposition.

He's the type of leader who can drive standards and lead by example. He did so with a relatively young Gippsland group this year having garnered tips from a squad which produced six draftees in 2023, and one as an over-ager in 2024. Having had arguably his best outing on the biggest of stages - the National Championships final - Lindsay proved he can rise to the occasion and compete with the best of the best.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep … Clarko is a very desperate man. He doesn’t want to wait for a top-5 pick next year to then develop them. He wants elite picks now to go with his collection of retirees he got in the trade period.

So I’d not be surprised if we do pick-6, pick-11 and pick-24 for #2 and North’s F1 & F3.

And have an extra first rounder tucked away likely to be a top-6 pick and potentially #2.

North get Tauru and two more picks in a strong draft…. They really don’t need any more elite picks if they get 3 this draft.

You're right on, in the sense that north would certainly be pushing for a deal like that.

🙅‍♂️ Maybe swap 11 for 18, but it’s that or find someone else to beg with to repair the Rawlings damage/incompetence. Don’t think we will want to split 10 & 11 either

With Cumberland & Coulthard departing our list situation is as follows

We have 25 senior list currently signed for 2025

We have 7 Cat A rookies signed for 2025

We have to elevate 1 Cat A rookie to the senior list to meet the maximum 6 Cat A rookies

If we re-sign both Dow & McIntosh that will take us to 28 senior listed, which leaves us with 8 spots to take to the draft.

We have to elevate 1 Cat A rookie to the senior list to meet the maximum 6 Cat A rookies

If we re-sign both Dow & McIntosh that will take us to 28 senior listed, which leaves us with 8 spots to take to the draft.

Are You including Miller as senior list or Cat A?

i guess this suggests we're looking to take all of our picks to the draft or sign a DFA or two

STRENGTHS:

• Ball use
  • Consistency
  • Inside-outside balance
  • Kick penetration
  • Versatility
  • Work rate

IMPROVEMENTS:

• Endurance
  • Inside craft

Lindsay is a player whose improvement areas are difficult to identify given he does so many things well, and has no glaring weaknesses. His best trait is arguably his ball use, credit to a raking left-foot kick when is often used to penetrate the attacking 50. He uses the ball well on the run, either wheeling away from stoppages or chaining possessions on the outside. Lindsay makes the right decisions and is largely effective in the short and long-range.

If being pedantic, Lindsay's kicking is perhaps at its best when lowering his eyes. He is adept at gaining quick metres and compounding them by launching the ball long, but looks so slick when darting short passes inside, down the line, or to leading targets inside 50. Either way, he generates great momentum in attacking phases either as a connective outside runner or clearance winner.

Having cut his teeth as a wingman and defender, Lindsay began to gain midfield exposure late last year and that was his primary position for Gippsland in 2024. He still reverted back to that original posting at times for Vic Country and the AFL Academy, but came into the year wanting to improve his inside craft and followed through to average 5.4 clearances from 23.4 disposals in the Coates Talent League.

In that sense, Lindsay gets a big tick for versatility. He has maintained his quality on the wing and flanks while improving his contested work and enjoying stints up forward. Few others have the same kind of inside-outside balance as he is developing, and continuing to build his endurance base will only widen his scope. It will also lend to greater durability and see him become even more prolific from contest to contest.

Lindsay's consistency is felt through his work rate and week-on-week output. He is capable of racking up bulk possessions as a designated kicker or go-to at the centre bounces, hardly wavering in his ability to have between 20-30 touches. Even if he doesn't his ball use makes him a high-impact type. While most midfielders' defensive running could improve, Lindsay has also shown an appetite for tackling and hunts the opposition.

He's the type of leader who can drive standards and lead by example. He did so with a relatively young Gippsland group this year having garnered tips from a squad which produced six draftees in 2023, and one as an over-ager in 2024. Having had arguably his best outing on the biggest of stages - the National Championships final - Lindsay proved he can rise to the occasion and compete with the best of the best.

4:03 of this clips 😍

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back