List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

I rate Reid between 7-10. I have made it clear previously that I think Marshall is a top 7 pick and I’d like us to call him out at 10 and hope Brisbane find it too much to match. I Actually rate him on the few CTL games I’ve watched top 5.

It’s ridiculously deep draft. I dont bother too much with paying attention to academy, don’t see the point. Probably the hardest worker in class though and hard not to notice him on grand final day.

I wouldn’t have him top 6, but that’s as much reading what phantoms seem to think about his place in the draft instead of me specifically watching him like I do Jagga and FOS when oakleigh play.

Surprised that Dow and Colina get another go.
I would have Cumbo ahead of those two.
Dow was better than Cumbo and Colina fills a break glass emergency.

We won’t be trading for norths future 1st until draft night if at all. If at picks 10 and 11 both Hotton and Armstrong are still on the board I can’t see us trading out. If it’s berry, Travaglia, Allan, Hannaford, Lindsay do we trade pick 11 for norths F1? Maybe

We won’t be trading for norths future 1st until draft night if at all. If at picks 10 and 11 both Hotton and Armstrong are still on the board I can’t see us trading out. If it’s berry, Travaglia, Allan, Hannaford, Lindsay do we trade pick 11 for norths F1? Maybe
No 11 for F1. They want our pick it’s on the open market. Essendon have 2 futures. Give them 11 and and scraps for both.

Btw did think it was pretty telling twomey mentioned one of the motivations for Richmond trading up could be to find the next Cotchin (FOS) & Martin (Lalor) for the next 10+ years

Getting more confident Jagga will be there at 6 to be honest.
(Ignoring Ashcroft to Bris.) North, Carlton, Adelaide, Melbourne and Richmond pick before pick 6.
Lalor, FOS, Langford, Draper and Jagga seem to be the top bunch.

The only ways that Jagga falls to 6 are if:
1) North takes a tall at 2
3) Melbourne takes Smillie at 5 over Jagga
2) Melbourne takes a tall at 5 to preempt other teams.

Basically, we need to hire a spy to figure out whether if North are forced to pick at 2, they would take the best tall (Tauru), or they would decide to take a mid instead.

If North would take a tall at 2, then it basically guarantees us one of Lalor, FOS, Langford, Draper and Jagga to fall to 6.

Guys, get it through your thick heads. We're not taking Jagga unless he gets to pick 6.

Even then it would only be if Lalor, FOS, Draper, Langford, Smillie, Hotton, Armstrong, Tauru, Allan and Lindsay are all gone.
They will be.
We'll trade out of 6 until they're all gone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lalor looks like he can kick 55m+ with ease. That is so damaging in the modern game. Been a Jagga fan boy for ages, but think Lalor is going to end up the most damaging player from this draft. Lovely kick. Overhead mark, tackles like a beast. Hard nut. Can go forward and kick a goal
Lalor @ 1
Jagga @ 6

They will be.
We'll trade out of 6 until they're all gone.
So we take him at 18? What if Hannaford's still available???

Yeh seems the AFL is heavily shifting to impact vs possessions especially with all the data and metrics clubs have access to, even for u18 games.
It's not a shift.

(Ignoring Ashcroft to Bris.) North, Carlton, Adelaide, Melbourne and Richmond pick before pick 6.
Lalor, FOS, Langford, Draper and Jagga seem to be the top bunch.

The only ways that Jagga falls to 6 are if:
1) North takes a tall at 2
3) Melbourne takes Smillie at 5 over Jagga
2) Melbourne takes a tall at 5 to preempt other teams.

Basically, we need to hire a spy to figure out whether if North are forced to pick at 2, they would take the best tall (Tauru), or they would decide to take a mid instead.

If North would take a tall at 2, then it basically guarantees us one of Lalor, FOS, Langford, Draper and Jagga to fall to 6.
Dees could take Reid or Tauru too. I think we might take Smillie at 6 if him and Smith were there. Won't surprise if Dees would do same at 5.

Could be Draper that gets through instead of Smith too. Not convinced clubs have him in the top 4 or 5 you see on BF.

Yeh seems the AFL is heavily shifting to impact vs possessions especially with all the data and metrics clubs have access to, even for u18 games.
Think it’s kinda always been the case you think of the ball pigs they tend to always be criticised for not getting enough bang per possie

Rockliff, Mitchell, Steele, Crouch bro’s all had/ have no problems winning the ball but in terms of impact in the side its pretty negligible

There is a reason they don’t cop a tag… because coaches don’t rate first possie handball distributions they rate guys who can move through the traffic and kick it out of the contest area

Could we possibly look to trade down if the player/s that we are targetting at 10/11 are off the board? If Sydney offered 19 and 22 for 11 would it be worth it? I would definitely take a trade if GWS offered 16 and 21 for 10 as they normally will trade to get to the player that they want.

Could we possibly look to trade down if the player/s that we are targetting at 10/11 are off the board? If Sydney offered 19 and 22 for 11 would it be worth it? I would definitely take a trade if GWS offered 16 and 21 for 10 as they normally will trade to get to the player that they want.
There will be at least two players available at those picks that we like: Hotton, Lindsay, Allan, Armstrong, Berry (Smillie in our wet dreams).

I'm almost certain we keep them. The power of consecutive picks is real as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back