List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

There will be at least two players available at those picks that we like: Hotton, Lindsay, Allan, Armstrong, Berry (Smillie in our wet dreams).

I'm almost certain we keep them. The power of consecutive picks is real as well.
Bro is warming to Smillie

jiggity GIF

Could we possibly look to trade down if the player/s that we are targetting at 10/11 are off the board? If Sydney offered 19 and 22 for 11 would it be worth it? I would definitely take a trade if GWS offered 16 and 21 for 10 as they normally will trade to get to the player that they want.

I think there’s a chance but probably involves a team being obsessed with Armstrong at 10 or maybe shannahan and offering overs.

Keep all picks. Draft best available, simple. Stop overthinking it. In an even draft, hold firm.
Happy to slide down with the last 4 for futures as well. First 4 we should just take unless it's a slide and a shit teams F1.

Edit: not all of the last 4

I’ve never been more shocked. Re-drafting Colina is absurd.
I'm assuming that the comment in the article around us redrafting him after the AFL draft & rookie draft means that assuming he doesn't get picked up elsewhere (he won't), will allow us to redraft him as a Cat B rookie, which doesn't take up a list spot

I'm assuming that the comment in the article around us redrafting him after the AFL draft & rookie draft means that assuming he doesn't get picked up elsewhere (he won't), will allow us to redraft him as a Cat B rookie, which doesn't take up a list spot
Does he qualify again for not playing footy for 3 years? 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Someone did a mock draft on the main board and had us trading our F2 and pick 6 for 2.

That, to me, is ideal, we keep all of our 1st rounders this year and get rid of a 2nd round pick in what's a compromised draft.

Now just to convince Brady that move is in their best interests

*Edit.....Obviously wont happen

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I doubt it. The main eligibility requirement of CatB rookies is that they haven't been in an elite footy path before. I would've thought if we re draft him it's as Cat A.

I think there’s a chance but probably involves a team being obsessed with Armstrong at 10 or maybe shannahan and offering overs.
No one's going for Shanahan at 10. If Armstrong's there we'd be pretty tempted to take him, but I don't think he will be.

Only way I see us trading one of those picks is if we tell Matt Clarke we're taking Allan at 11 if they don't give us 12 and an F2. Then we take Lindsay at 12 anyway (I'm lineball with those 2.)

Hotton is the must. If Armstrong's there probably him too.

Why is it that amongst the Draftees as to who their preferred NO 1 Draft pick 5 of them elected Jagger Smith " if he gets a break upon you he is impossible to catch" ? What do they know than the Draft Experts ? He was the clear favourite amongst his peers ? Mentioned upon the intensity of training - Captain of the All AUstralian Side - leadership qualities !

I am starting to think this way also.
Nth desperate for another first round pick.
Richmond are not desperate for pick 2.
Tauru should be there at pick 10.
So Richmond should have a take it or leave approach and offer 10 & 18 for pick 2.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

This is the thing, and Cal T said as much today, that clubs wanting to get into the 1st round in this years draft will find it incredibly hard because no one will want to budge from their position. North can. But for them to do so, they have to realise they arent in a position of strength in trading with us.

The only option they've got is to put their F1 on the table and hope Dees/Saints will take the risk. And l just cant. Robbo basically put the acid on the Saints today 'ie - dont **** it up'... so there's enormous risk by them trading away 7&8 to do that. And the Dees arent offering up 9, to move 3 places forward.

There is literally no chance we're offering up pick 6, unless it was bundled with pick 23. But 10 & 18 would be Blair's only offer l reckon.

FWIW my current draft using our first 4 picks

1. Lalor - all the noise is about him being the pick and while I take that with a grain of salt, I'm picking him here.

2. Ashcroft bid - North make Lions pay top value

3. FOS - for all the noise about Tauru I believe North hold firm and take who they see as best available.

4. Draper - Carlton miss on FOS but go with a similar type of player in Draper who'll add a dynamic mix to their midfield.

5. Smith - having missed Draper Adelaide add some class to their midfield in Smith who was the best performer of this year's class.

6. Smillie - Melbourne look to start replacing their aging midfield group by getting in Smillie who can be the centrepiece of their next generation midfield structure.

7. Armstrong - Richmond make the first KPP pick with Armstrong who can learn under Lynch for a couple of years before being handed the keys.

8 & 9. Tauru & Reid - Saints address 2 needs with Tauru replacing the departed Battle and Reid adding some class to their midfield

10. Langford - Melbourne double up on their midfield rebuild by getting Langford in. With Smillie and Langford they have their Oliver/ Petracca replacements.

11. Lombard Bid - Richmond make the Suns pay

12. Kako Bid - Now they make Essendon pay.

13 & 14. Allan & Travaglia - Richmond keep stocking up on talent this time taking Allan & Travaglia to boost the quality of our outside mids.

Nice read. I think the noise around them wanting Tauru is no different to us being linked to Lalor. Its too early and just noise at the moment. But what is real... is they want another pick in the draft, Rawlings gone public on that. Only way to do that is to split the pick.

I just can't get sold on FoS.

His stat lines hurt to much, I don't care if it was playing with/coming back from injury or not.

In such an even top end of this draft, I want more then just wishful thinking he may get better in finding the football.

He couldn't find it when playing amongst kids, how will he do it against AFL level footballers.

Lalor/Smith/Smillie/Langford all sound better to me.

Last edited:
Think he has served the max term as a Cat A rookie so I think he would be the promotion required.
Should find out for sure by Thursday next week when first list lodgement is done

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back