List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Nice read. I think the noise around them wanting Tauru is no different to us being linked to Lalor. Its too early and just noise at the moment. But what is real... is they want another pick in the draft, Rawlings gone public on that. Only way to do that is to split the pick.
Rawlings destroyed their chances of a decent trade for 2 by spending pick 25 on Caleb Daniel. Just a crazy trade and very poor decision. He’s got little or nothing to bargain with now, aside from their future first, but even that’s got limited worth due to the compromised draft it’s attached to.

All I know is it’s really win win for us. We don’t trade up to 2 and it tells us we are pumped with the depth and player available at 6.

Trade up whatever the cost and we obviously see whoever we are getting at 2 to be clearly better than what we are likely to get at 6.

Just sit back and enjoy the show fellas

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

FWIW my current draft using our first 4 picks

1. Lalor - all the noise is about him being the pick and while I take that with a grain of salt, I'm picking him here.

2. Ashcroft bid - North make Lions pay top value

3. FOS - for all the noise about Tauru I believe North hold firm and take who they see as best available.

4. Draper - Carlton miss on FOS but go with a similar type of player in Draper who'll add a dynamic mix to their midfield.

5. Smith - having missed Draper Adelaide add some class to their midfield in Smith who was the best performer of this year's class.

6. Smillie - Melbourne look to start replacing their aging midfield group by getting in Smillie who can be the centrepiece of their next generation midfield structure.

7. Armstrong - Richmond make the first KPP pick with Armstrong who can learn under Lynch for a couple of years before being handed the keys.

8 & 9. Tauru & Reid - Saints address 2 needs with Tauru replacing the departed Battle and Reid adding some class to their midfield

10. Langford - Melbourne double up on their midfield rebuild by getting Langford in. With Smillie and Langford they have their Oliver/ Petracca replacements.

11. Lombard Bid - Richmond make the Suns pay

12. Kako Bid - Now they make Essendon pay.

13 & 14. Allan & Travaglia - Richmond keep stocking up on talent this time taking Allan & Travaglia to boost the quality of our outside mids.
FOS @ 1
Jagga @ 6

No one's going for Shanahan at 10. If Armstrong's there we'd be pretty tempted to take him, but I don't think he will be.

Only way I see us trading one of those picks is if we tell Matt Clarke we're taking Allan at 11 if they don't give us 12 and an F2. Then we take Lindsay at 12 anyway (I'm lineball with those 2.)

Hotton is the must. If Armstrong's there probably him too.

Like I said if someone is really desperate, starry eyed for a particular KPF and offering overs, the best bet for that is probably gws for Armstrong as outside cadman they have a dearth of young KPF. Essendon with shannahan is the other thought but they’d be better targeting gws picks.

Rawlings destroyed their chances of a decent trade for 2 by spending pick 25 on Caleb Daniel. Just a crazy trade and very poor decision. He’s got little or nothing to bargain with now, aside from their future first, but even that’s got limited worth due to the compromised draft it’s attached to.

Not convinced it was Rawlings decision.

I just can't get sold on FoS.

Hi stat lines hurt to much, I don't care if it was playing with/coming back from injury or not.

In such an even top end of this draft, I want more then just wishful thinking he may get better in finding the football.

He couldn't find it when playing amongst kids, how will he do it against AFL level footballers.

Lalor/Smith/Smillie/Langford all sound better to me.

Cal twomey said today he’d take Finn at 1.
I don’t see how 4+ marks
5+ inside 50s
Game winning mark in last quarter (obviously didn’t convert)
Multiple goals
Score involvements

That’s signs of a player that will damage you.

I just can't get sold on FoS.

His stat lines hurt to much, I don't care if it was playing with/coming back from injury or not.

In such an even top end of this draft, I want more then just wishful thinking he may get better in finding the football.

He couldn't find it when playing amongst kids, how will he do it against AFL level footballers.

Lalor/Smith/Smillie/Langford all sound better to me.
He still averaged like 23 possies this year the way you are posting it’s as if he’s getting sub 10 possies every game

Give me 23 Dusty or Fyfe possies over 35 Tom Mitchell’s

Like I said if someone is really desperate, starry eyed for a particular KPF and offering overs, the best bet for that is probably gws for Armstrong as outside cadman they have a dearth of young KPF. Essendon with shannahan is the other thought but they’d be better targeting gws picks.
Outside of Cadman, we have a dearth of young KPF!

GWS have Derkson and Gruzewski. Riccardi is 25.

Anyway, I think Armstrong goes before pick 10.

He is listed as a Cat A rookie at present, so that's what I have him as

miller is on the main list according to this site.

end of 2024 season 36 main list, 8 rookies cat A. not miller. he's been delisted, rookied, elevated.

Main list 8 departures + todays 1= 9 main list spots
7 in the draft.
RFC love the presason draft, one more there.
& elevate a rookie or 2.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nice read. I think the noise around them wanting Tauru is no different to us being linked to Lalor. Its too early and just noise at the moment. But what is real... is they want another pick in the draft, Rawlings gone public on that. Only way to do that is to split the pick.

North only have one pick plus pick 62, which is pretty narrow.

obviously it is understandable they are chasing another pick

I reckon we draft the most elite mids, small forwards, and half back/wing guns

Free agency is where we gonna get the key forwards
I would still take a punt at the best available with one of our later first round picks 10+

Tends to be the sweet spot for drafting talls imo
Still some risk but not quite the same type of investment as a sub top 10 pick

Would be icing on the cake to pick up Sam Davidson….ready to burst onto the scene
Players that win the Fothergill-Round-Mitchell medal usually go on to bigger things

This is Davidson’s 1st year at VFL and is the first VFL Tiger to receive the award
He was also named in 40 man team of the year squad…finished our top goal kicker booting 26 goals

Bloke can seriously play….Couldn’t cope with him being elsewhere

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/1658951/davidson-wins-fothergill-round-mitchell-medal

Last edited:
I think a lot of people are underselling Norths F1 here. Yes this is a strong even draft and yes next years isn't considered as strong, but a lot can change in 12 months. Yes i agree that North will most likely rise but i still think it will be a top 10 pick (maybe around 8 or below). And we only lose 1 pick in this draft and there is no way we would of used them all anyway. Id happily upgrade 6 to pick 2 and lose 1 of our other picks to have another 2 x top 10 picks next year. That sets us right up.
This years draft is even and deep.
Next years top 5 could very well be better than any of the this years lot.
The loss of Toce has put us on the backfoot in regards to intel on next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back