List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

I doubt it. The main eligibility requirement of CatB rookies is that they haven't been in an elite footy path before. I would've thought if we re draft him it's as Cat A.
That's what I thought was required too. I guess we'll find out in the rookie draft if we take him there, but that's the only way I could see him staying on and the only way he can be re-drafted after the rookie draft if we believe what's said in the article.

That's what I thought was required too. I guess we'll find out in the rookie draft if we take him there, but that's the only way I could see him staying on and the only way he can be re-drafted after the rookie draft if we believe what's said in the article.
I think they'll have to delist and re rookie him. Or maybe cat B can be transferred automatically to cat As. Not sure.

(Ignoring Ashcroft to Bris.) North, Carlton, Adelaide, Melbourne and Richmond pick before pick 6.
Lalor, FOS, Langford, Draper and Jagga seem to be the top bunch.

The only ways that Jagga falls to 6 are if:
1) North takes a tall at 2
3) Melbourne takes Smillie at 5 over Jagga
2) Melbourne takes a tall at 5 to preempt other teams.

Basically, we need to hire a spy to figure out whether if North are forced to pick at 2, they would take the best tall (Tauru), or they would decide to take a mid instead.

If North would take a tall at 2, then it basically guarantees us one of Lalor, FOS, Langford, Draper and Jagga to fall to 6.
Get the Dees coach out on the booger sugar and he will spill the beans

Why not 23? The draft points are dead even between 2 and 6+ 23. The first six picks are very even, the draft bats deep into the mid 20s. Supposedly a mid twenties pick this year would be worth a mid teens any other year. Offering 23 taking into account these circumstances, is not a test of our seriousness, but rather theirs, as they are the supposed motivated sellers. They say no then fine, we can't lose either way.
When it comes to trading for higher picks the points system is irrelevant and serves no purpose , Its only good for points matching on bids for Father Sons & Academy players. But for the purpose of the exercise, you could argue that
Pick #2 = 2517 points
Pick #6 will be #7 after Ashcroft bid = 1644 and #18 will become #21 after Ashcroft , Kako , Lombard bids = 871 points
So its #2 - 2517
#7 + #21 - 2522

I would still take a punt at the best available with one of our later first round picks 10+

Tends to be the sweet spot for drafting talls imo
Still some risk but not quite the same type of investment as a sub top 10 pick
Yeah only 1 tho imo

I’m very happy taking Tuaru at 6 tho, I heard his interview today and the kid is an animal.

Most self confident and determined I’ve heard from a kid ever

And def could play forward and back

Last edited:
6 , 11 , 23 would be the max i would pay

have to look at it this way , There are no teams that have the picks that want to trade out of this years draft into next year and certainly no team that has a pick before GWS picks 15,16,21 and they want to trade up into this draft not trade out into this year so the there are not many takers.
If Richmond give up #11 for your F1 then they will pay less for your #2 this year so #6 , #11 , #23 would be best from Richmond imo.

I'm starting to think you're trying to sabotage our club. Your willingness to weaken our position in a strong draft if staggering.

There is literally no chance in hell we're giving up pick 11 for their F1. None, zero, a duck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trading up for 2 benefits North, not us. If it happens then it will be in our favour
North fans still trying to find the middle ground of pick 2 is a great pick we should pay a premium for and it's a weak top end but deep draft. They still haven't nailed it yet. 😂😂😂

If one of the players we could have got become the best player in the game ant pick 2 and we could have traded up for them whoever isn’t there I would be fuming. 😂

Great interview on sen 5 minutes ago with Finn O'Sullivan said if he was picking number 1 it would 100% be sam lalor
Did also say how awesome it would be to play with Sam and how awesome it would be if he played with jagga.
Cooney asked him for a top 5 with Finn going at Carlton at 3
He said
1 - lalor
2 - jagga
3 - himself [ cooney suggest thus,)
4 - Draper
5 - Langford
Finn was a hawks supporter growing up

If North take Tauru at 2, that would be a big reach, and would open up some real quality for us at 6.
Inspiring Tim Tebow GIF by Home Free

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back