List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

At the end of the day I trust Blair to make the right call. Did someone say Francis Jackson is also still involved? I thought he had retired?
Was still around part time I believe but has picked up some of the load after Chris got sick along with Blair

Horrible situation, but I believe we are still in very good hands

Richmond gunna go to the draft with picks 1,2,4, 11, 23 & 24.

seth meyers shhhh GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Welcome to Richmond FOS, Lalor, Smillie & Armstrong

FWIW my current draft using our first 4 picks

1. Lalor - all the noise is about him being the pick and while I take that with a grain of salt, I'm picking him here.

2. Ashcroft bid - North make Lions pay top value

3. FOS - for all the noise about Tauru I believe North hold firm and take who they see as best available.

4. Draper - Carlton miss on FOS but go with a similar type of player in Draper who'll add a dynamic mix to their midfield.

5. Smith - having missed Draper Adelaide add some class to their midfield in Smith who was the best performer of this year's class.

6. Smillie - Melbourne look to start replacing their aging midfield group by getting in Smillie who can be the centrepiece of their next generation midfield structure.

7. Armstrong - Richmond make the first KPP pick with Armstrong who can learn under Lynch for a couple of years before being handed the keys.

8 & 9. Tauru & Reid - Saints address 2 needs with Tauru replacing the departed Battle and Reid adding some class to their midfield

10. Langford - Melbourne double up on their midfield rebuild by getting Langford in. With Smillie and Langford they have their Oliver/ Petracca replacements.

11. Lombard Bid - Richmond make the Suns pay

12. Kako Bid - Now they make Essendon pay.

13 & 14. Allan & Travaglia - Richmond keep stocking up on talent this time taking Allan & Travaglia to boost the quality of our outside mids.

Hey RT…your earlier draft selections had us taking Jagga …and FOS?

You’ve now moved on to Lalor…which I am all for..hope that eventuates

Just want to know why you’ve gone with Lalor now?

Is it who you think the club will choose or Is he now your preferred #1 ?

Basically, one of those rookies needs to be elevated and we'd have 8 spots available?
Technically we have 9 spots open at present but 1 will be taken by the elevated rookie

Hey RT…your earlier draft selections had us taking Jagga …and FOS?

You’ve now moved on to Lalor…which I am all for..hope that eventuates

Just want to know why you’ve gone with Lalor now?

Is it who you think the club will choose or Is he now your preferred #1 ?
Jagga is still my number 1 ranked player but all the noise is Lalor being the pick so I went with that in trying to be somewhat accurate to show how things could pan out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are we all confident in getting pick 2 or is this just a pipe dream. I mean I’m happy to take FOS at one as I still think he’s the best in the draft. But I’d be praying that Smilie gets to pick 6. Heck even Jagga. But I do consider smilies potential or ceiling to be higher than jaggas.

Just don’t see the need for more then two mids who don’t have a lot of versatility.

Lalor will likely be mid who spends a bit of time forward. FOS, Draper and Jagga are the same. Smillie and Langford aswell. To me you’re only taking two of these

Murphy Reid is the one for me for Richmond. Provides the class and cherry on top that you just can’t train. He’s got prime Nick Dal Santo written all over him.

Can we not trade away picks this year please?
The exception is our last pick which we can trade on night two for a first rounder.
Next year won’t be nearly as strong and we have the opportunity to nail it this year with such depth in the draft.
There’s a reason teams like North want to buy back in.
Whoever we pick at one is going to be good and so will 6 eg Langford , Smilie, Armstrong , Reid or even Tauru
This obsession with matching Lalor with FOS will distort rational thinking.

Imagine going back to having like one first round pick I could never

Need to do what GWS do and keep on generating future firsts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Are we all confident in getting pick 2 or is this just a pipe dream. I mean I’m happy to take FOS at one as I still think he’s the best in the draft. But I’d be praying that Smilie gets to pick 6. Heck even Jagga. But I do consider smilies potential or ceiling to be higher than jaggas.

The price is the issue.

You will get Langford, Smillie, FOS, Smith, Lalor or Draper (or Reid if you rate him) at pick 6. We already get our favourite of this group so I don’t think we would be giving up pick 11 to pick the 2nd best of that group. Especially when one could be available at 10/11.

It’s up to whether North will accept 6 and 18, or can get a better offer.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back