List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

The price is the issue.

You will get Langford, Smillie, FOS, Smith, Lalor or Draper (or Reid if you rate him) at pick 6. We already get our favourite of this group so I don’t think we would be giving up pick 11 to pick the 2nd best of that group. Especially when one could be available at 10/11.

It’s up to whether North will accept 6 and 18, or can get a better offer.
Reid, Smillie and an outside chance of Smith will be available at 6, the others will be gone. Langford could come into play if North and Melb go tall, unlikely though

Reid, Smillie and an outside chance of Smith will be available at 6, the others will be gone. Langford could come into play if North and Melb go tall, unlikely though

If we ended up with fos and Langford without needing to trade up happy days

I do like Jagga, he's impressed at all levels so far. My only concerns are that he has an advantage over a lot of the other draftees in that he dropped out to focus on footy right? It's possible this is his ceiling and the others will outshine him soon enough.

The other concern is that his pace and elusiveness are key to his game, what if he loses them when he bulks up a bit? He can't stay that thin forever.

Would be icing on the cake to pick up Sam Davidson….ready to burst onto the scene
Players that win the Fothergill-Round-Mitchell medal usually go on to bigger things

This is Davidson’s 1st year at VFL and is the first VFL Tiger to receive the award
He was also named in 40 man team of the year squad…finished our top goal kicker booting 26 goals

Bloke can seriously play….Couldn’t cope with him being elsewhere

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/1658951/davidson-wins-fothergill-round-mitchell-medal
Will be at the Hawks or Essendon

Don’t underestimate the power of partnering two highly talented kids who are best mates.

If you listen to FOS and Lalor speak about one another- it’s amazing.

Pair them at 1 and 2 and watch them transcend this club back to where we all want to be.

Pick 6 & 18 for 2 makes perfect sense for both parties. Get it done.

Pick 1- Lalor / FOS
Pick 2- Lalor/ FOS
Pick 10- Travaglia
Pick 11- Shanahan

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don’t underestimate the power of partnering two highly talented kids who are best mates.

Pair them at 1 and 2 and watch them transcend this club back to where we all want to be.

Pick 1- Lalor / FOS
Pick 2- Lalor/ FOS
Pick 10- Travaglia
Pick 11- Shanahan
Agree with everything you said up until picks 10 & 11

Was still around part time I believe but has picked up some of the load after Chris got sick along with Blair

Horrible situation, but I believe we are still in very good hands
We could also just ask Will Thursfield to step in for the day after pick #2 been selected for Norf

Not like he has anything to do at Norf after pick #2

Pick 1- Lalor / FOS
Pick 2- Lalor/ FOS
Pick 10- Travaglia
Pick 11- Shanahan

I’d take lalor and fos if that happened the afl would intervene and retrospectively change the rules and give those players to north

Hannaford is, Berry might be able to play midfield but why not just draft one. He’s another Jack Higgins.
Hannaford was only moved forward late in the season and proved to be a weapon there, he was also moved into the mids to provide a bit of spark and was impactful there too. Berry is one of the best kicks in the draft, certainly not a Jack Higgins.

We should have gotten pick 2 for jack graham and there wouldn’t be any issues about any of this

Hannaford is, Berry might be able to play midfield but why not just draft one. He’s another Jack Higgins.
just because he has been played as a small foward during games this year does not mean he will become this at AFL level

Our scouts said…

“Berry continued his midfield venture on Saturday and ran rampant with several electric spurts out of the contest. He was untouchable at times, leaning on his sharp turn of speed to take ground and launch the ball inside 50. Berry’s creativity and skill execution were at their best with several score involvements in the final quarter, as every attacking entry seemed to go through him. He also bagged the sealing goal with a clever one-on-one win, and put forward his overhead marking as a handy point of difference.” –
Stats: 22 disposals, 7 marks, 5 tackles, 10 inside 50s, 1 goal

I see him as dynamic mid at AFL in 3 years time
(Same size as will ashcroft by the way)

Think it’s kinda always been the case you think of the ball pigs they tend to always be criticised for not getting enough bang per possie

Rockliff, Mitchell, Steele, Crouch bro’s all had/ have no problems winning the ball but in terms of impact in the side its pretty negligible

There is a reason they don’t cop a tag… because coaches don’t rate first possie handball distributions they rate guys who can move through the traffic and kick it out of the contest area
Watch Jagga's highlights, just because he's at the coalface doesn't mean he isn't damaging. Plays like Nick Daicos, great agility and footy smarts, can dissect a stoppage with clean possession and disposal.

Yes Matt Crouch isn't damaging, but plenty of accumulator type mids such as Daicos and Lachie Neale evidently are.

Game impact doesn't equal metres gained or goals. Clearances and clean distributors are damaging too.

On SM-A528B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I do like Jagga, he's impressed at all levels so far. My only concerns are that he has an advantage over a lot of the other draftees in that he dropped out to focus on footy right? It's possible this is his ceiling and the others will outshine him soon enough.
Nah, he just finished Y12 the year before his final U18’s season.

Will Ashcroft was the same in 2022. Going ok

Pick 1- Lalor / FOS
Pick 2- Lalor/ FOS
Pick 10- Travaglia
Pick 11- Shanahan
How do you know they’re best mates? I have no doubt they’ve crossed paths and were both in the AFL academy together but it appears they have played a very limited number of games together?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back