List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Pick 1

• Finn O'Sullivan

• Sam Lalor

• Jagga Smith

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Here's an idea, which I think could just about be Richmond's optimal scenario. I don't think anyone here has mentioned it yet - But I saw it suggested by a Melbourne supporter.

Melbourne trade pick 5 for Richmond's 10 or 11 plus one of Richmond's late first rounders.

Why would this benefit Richmond?

Pretty much every scenario we have discussed regarding the top midfielders in the draft involves us getting 2 of the best 5 mids (Lalor, FOS, Smith, Draper, Langford). Eg: we trade 6 and get 1 and 2, or we hold and draft at 1 and 6.
In this scenario, we get 3 of the top 5 mids. We pick at 1, 5 and 6, but also effectively force North to take a tall.

Pick 1) Lalor -Richmond
(his scoring power means he is the only mid from that top group which North could justify at 2, take him off the board so they are forced to go early on Tauru.)

Pick 2) Tauru - North
Pick 3) FOS / Draper - Carlton
Pick 4) FOS / Draper - Adelaide

Pick 5) Smith / Langford - Richmond
Pick 6) Smith / Langford - Richmond

Additional Richmond Picks: 11, 18, 20, 23, 24

Why would Melbourne do this?
I'll preface this by saying I doubt Melbourne do this, but looking at their list, I think they'd love to bring in 2 high quality mids and 1 tall. Where they currently pick (5, 9) only allows them to take 2 players in the draft.

If they took this deal, they'd walk away from this with picks 9, 10 and say 20 from us. Meaning they could select something like Bo Allan (9), Murphy Reid (10), Faull/Whitlock/Shanahan (20).

Considering that I don't think there's much of a difference in talent between guys available to them at 5 (Langford maybe / Smillie) and guys at 10 (Allan / Lindsay / Reid), I think that making this trade would benefit them in being able to add a first round tall as well.

Secondly, Melbourne is known for selecting off it's own board a little bit, so may have different ratings to other teams. Last year they jumped a bit earlier than most expected on Windsor and Tholstrup.

Not sure why we'd want 62. But the 2 and f1 make some sense.

I'd want a r2 to do that trade though.

If they suck (again) in 2025 then their pick will likely be top 5. Which is sweet 10 & 11 for 2 and 5. I'd do that.
Everyone would do that. Except North lol

Dylan Buckley annoys me slightly but I found this interesting.
Lids is obviously a player manager now and his comments on Murphy Reid were interesting. He basically said he wasnt a good kick. That would rule him out for us IMO.

I thought that poor kicking was referring to Hotton?

Has us taking Lalor then Jagga at 2 but next minute says that he has FOS as his highest rated player. Says we should go Jagga because he's an accumulator and would pair up well with Lalor. Pfft! Take the best available then maybe use needs as a separator with our last 3 picks

b1b983ff5e0feaed18b010c71baa56d7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dylan Buckley annoys me slightly but I found this interesting.
Lids is obviously a player manager now and his comments on Murphy Reid were interesting. He basically said he wasnt a good kick. That would rule him out for us IMO.

Its just as important to be a good bloke as it is a good kick. Something Deledio could never understand.

Here's an idea, which I think could just about be Richmond's optimal scenario. I don't think anyone here has mentioned it yet - But I saw it suggested by a Melbourne supporter.

Melbourne trade pick 5 for Richmond's 10 or 11 plus one of Richmond's late first rounders.

Why would this benefit Richmond?

Pretty much every scenario we have discussed regarding the top midfielders in the draft involves us getting 2 of the best 5 mids (Lalor, FOS, Smith, Draper, Langford). Eg: we trade 6 and get 1 and 2, or we hold and draft at 1 and 6.
In this scenario, we get 3 of the top 5 mids. We pick at 1, 5 and 6, but also effectively force North to take a tall.

Pick 1) Lalor -Richmond
(his scoring power means he is the only mid from that top group which North could justify at 2, take him off the board so they are forced to go early on Tauru.)

Pick 2) Tauru - North
Pick 3) FOS / Draper - Carlton
Pick 4) FOS / Draper - Adelaide

Pick 5) Smith / Langford - Richmond
Pick 6) Smith / Langford - Richmond

Additional Richmond Picks: 11, 18, 20, 23, 24

Why would Melbourne do this?
I'll preface this by saying I doubt Melbourne do this, but looking at their list, I think they'd love to bring in 2 high quality mids and 1 tall. Where they currently pick (5, 9) only allows them to take 2 players in the draft.

If they took this deal, they'd walk away from this with picks 9, 10 and say 20 from us. Meaning they could select something like Bo Allan (9), Murphy Reid (10), Faull/Whitlock/Shanahan (20).

Considering that I don't think there's much of a difference in talent between guys available to them at 5 (Langford maybe / Smillie) and guys at 10 (Allan / Lindsay / Reid), I think that making this trade would benefit them in being able to add a first round tall as well.

Secondly, Melbourne is known for selecting off it's own board a little bit, so may have different ratings to other teams. Last year they jumped a bit earlier than most expected on Windsor and Tholstrup.

Didn't Melbourne trade up to get pick 9 though? Doubt they would then trade down pick 5 considering they also traded out a F1 pick

We ain't selling the farm for pick 2 they can go f themselves, flipping minnows
Will also include their future 1st I’d reckon.
I still wouldn’t do it and I don’t think Blair would either. Has worked overtime to get this draft hand in order for what the club believes is a very very strong draft, and can’t see him throwing away 3 top draft picks just for pick 2 and a future 1st.

Even the Norf fans lingering and stalking this thread would agree if it was the reverse situation and they were the club selling off a good draft hand in a very strong draft, they wouldn’t do it. Let them use pick 2 themselves if they ask for too much, we will lose FOS but more than make up for it with the rest of our picks. I’ve changed my opinion and I’m now thinking Lalor has to be our first pick.

Didn't make the list = I know footy :D
To be honest I completely forgot you existed. :rainbow:

We had an old core of very shit players. The clean out is almost complete.
Just gotta get rid of LDU when he walks after you finish bottom 4.

Its just as important to be a good bloke as it is a good kick. Something Deledio could never understand.
Tell it to the good bloke spuds Wayne Carey carried to two flags.

More like 6,11 and one of 18/23.

Would give Tigers 4 of the best A Grade Talents in the next two drafts as North will not get out of the bottom 4 next year.

That's how you rebuild and not by hoping picks in the teens and 20s are going to do it, when you start entering bust territory.

Sent from my SM-A156E using Tapatalk
we'll give you what we we want if you dont like it you can suck eggs

will be on our terms , if not you can burn another 1st rounder at the draft

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Back