List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Pick 1

• Finn O'Sullivan

• Sam Lalor

• Jagga Smith

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

How compromised will next years draft be?

North's future 1st is going to be top 4, we won't leave the bottom 4 ourselves

That's two drafts; you gotta do it

Pick 1
Pick 2
Pick 10
Pick 18
Pick 20
Pick 23
pick 24

Picks 1-4
Picks 1-4
1 of the top 5 is academy at this point. Late 1st & 2nd round is where it will be ****ed.

Source: Herald Sun

Much intrigue remains over whether Richmond and North Melbourne will do a deal which could land the Tigers the first two picks in this year’s national draft.

It is believed that the Kangaroos are open to trading pick two and a future first-round selection to Richmond, in exchange for picks six and 11 in this year’s draft.

Such a deal would still leave the Tigers with seven early selections this year — at picks 1, 2, 10, 19, 20, 23 and 24 — along with two first-round picks next year.
We will effectively be making it gamble next year. North finishes 16-18 the deal will favour us. Finish 12-15 the deal would be in the fair range. Finish 11 or above it favours North.

Probably a gamble worth taking if we are keen on the FOS and Lalor combo.

Last edited:
Source: Herald Sun

Much intrigue remains over whether Richmond and North Melbourne will do a deal which could land the Tigers the first two picks in this year’s national draft.

It is believed that the Kangaroos are open to trading pick two and a future first-round selection to Richmond, in exchange for picks six and 11 in this year’s draft.

Such a deal would still leave the Tigers with seven early selections this year — at picks 1, 2, 10, 19, 20, 23 and 24 — along with two first-round picks next year.
Been saying this for a while. North are more desperate to trade out pick 2 than what we are in trading it in.

Blairs first and only offer would be 6 & 23, if North want to upgrade 23 > 11 then they will have to pay and the cost will be their F1.

The Dees are the only other team that has a pick (and maybe the willingness to trade) in the range that North want. For that to happen (I read this on the MB somewhere) then the Dees could trade 9 to GWS for 15 & 16, then bundle 5 & 15 for 2, leaving them taking 2 & 16 to the draft.

I doubt that the Dees trade will happen mainly because there's no real benefit for GWS in a deep draft and Melbourne could already be inside where their targeted players are. but you never know, it's a possibility.

Pick 1
Pick 2
Pick 10
Pick 18
Pick 20
Pick 23
pick 24

Picks 1-4
Picks 1-4
Norf maybe due to win 6-7 games or more . I wouldn’t be banking on them to be bottom 2

You are a shit talker and i highly doubt you have even been to tasmania

You do realize you can watch just about every channel in the sports bars !

sex starved degenerates. :D You are letting your imagination run wild here or maybe just reflecting
I leave on the 23rd you fool and i leave after the draft.

Now Piss off as you are a Liar

Can you two please take your ‘My Vagina is more hairy than yours’ argument somewhere else.

Thanks.

I dont see the hate of "compromised drafts"
Basically those players linked to academy's and FS's arnt in a draft and clubs just pay using draft picks to land them.
I haven't got a problem with the the F/S and acadamy as a concept, but the issue is paying a fair price for them (Even though I acknowledge we exploited this with Brisbane this year).

It's things like Collingwood getting a pick 2 (Daicos) just by using 4-5 picks in the 40's and similar with Brisbane and Ashcroft this year that I think most people have an issue with.

The draft point value will be changing next year and reducing the discount from 20% to 10%. We will see what impact this will have, but I would have liked to see further restrictions such as the removal of the discount completely and a max of 3 picks can be used to match the bid.

We will effectively be making as gamble next year. North finishes 16-18 the deal will favour us. Finish 12-15 the deal would be in the fair range. Finish 11 or above it favours North.

Norf will still be bottom 4 IMO.
Think of it as pick 6 for 2
11 for pick 1-4 in 25'

that is very tempting IMO.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1 of the top 5 is academy at this point. Late 1st & 2nd round is where it will be ****ed.

Addinsall surely looking top 10 too but I think the pointy end still looks good.

Sharp, Rodriguez, Greeves, Onley and Duursma

Plus Emmett, Duff-Tyler and Heatherton as talls.

I dont see the hate of "compromised drafts"
Basically those players linked to academy's and FS's arnt in a draft and clubs just pay using draft picks to land them.

Agree. The only problem is making them pay a fair price.

They probably should also be limited to matching 2 players in 1st round or something. Can’t have GC getting 4 first round talents from academy every other year.

We will effectively be making as gamble next year. North finishes 16-18 the deal will favour us. Finish 12-15 the deal would be in the fair range. Finish 11 or above it favours North.

Nah.

We make out like absolute bandits in that deal, whichever way you look at it.

What North are effectively doing is offering pick F1 to upgrade 23 to 11, it's not as simple as just comparing pick 11 in isolation.

Using the DVI to value the trade (I know it only works for bid matching and this trade is about securing targeted players) then the difference between 11 & 23 is the equivalent of pick 36. Shows that an F2 is the fair price to pay, but this isn't about paying a 'fair' price, it's about extracting maximum value from a club that wants our picks.

11 for pick 1-4 in 25'

And that's ignoring the price paid to upgrade 6 > 2, what pick would you pay for that upgrade? Then add it to the plus side of our ledger and you'll get a realistic picture of the reaming.

Pick 1
Pick 2
Pick 10
Pick 18
Pick 20
Pick 23
pick 24

Picks 1-4
Picks 1-4
I am going to come out and say that compromised drafts where the academy players are in the range of 6 - 20 are the ideal drafts for us to rebuild under.

With the pick values getting lower and lower for the bidding system, we could turn trash to gold with our early second, third (don't have one for 2025, and 4th rounders because people are desperate.

11 for pick 1-4 in 25'

They were desperately trying to flog off their F1 during trade period. Next year draft meh, this year ace & even, they expect to pop (12th?), many academy kids next year (yes I know unavailable to us anyway) & who they want at 2 is probably gonna be there at 6.
Can see how north could get there. Could also see that we decline.
We might adore pick 6 guy almost as much as we like No.2 kid

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Back