List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Pick 1

• Finn O'Sullivan

• Sam Lalor

• Jagga Smith

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

You see i think the negotiations would have worked out a little differently

North would have tabled their F1 first as they were trying to trade it during trade period to GC for #13
mainly due to Houston initially but once he said no they still wanted to trade the F1 into this year
They accept they wont get a top 10 and have decided to see if they can include it in the #2 negotiations and would have asked for #6+#10+#11 and Blair quickly made it known that that wouldnt work even if Brady used his nose as part of the rimming process and blair would have said #2 for #6 + #11

They will come back with a revised deal and Blair will counter offer
Maybe, but I seriously doubt that Blair has gone anywhere near offering 6 & 11, if he did then all of the negotiations (most) are thrown out the window.

WCE gave up pick 2 two years ago for 8 & 12 for the exact reasons that Rawlings wants to split this year. 6 & 11 have greater value this year for North, they've made it patently obvious that they want Tauru and another highly rated tall, so a sweetener has to be offered.

I reckon that the highest we would go is 6 & 18 (Cal gets his intel from somewhere) but that wouldn't be our first counteroffer as it gives us no room to move, I can almost see the machinations going on, 6 & 23 and we'll work from there.

My Personal Opinion Round 1 (No trades)

1. Jagga Smith - proven performer at every level this year, including a strong 3 game run at VFL level against mature bodies where he averaged 27 disposals 6 clearances 14 ground ball gets 5 score involvements & 2 tackles. An attacking midfielder who would compliment the likes of Taranto & Hopper in the midfield.

2. Levi Ashcroft - North makes the first bid and force the Lions to pay fair value for Ashcroft. Amazing that the reigning premiers get to add a kid this talented.

3. Finn O'Sullivan - For all the noise about North liking Tauru they take O'Sullivan and continue to add talent to their young midfield brigade of Sheezel, Wardlaw, McKercher, Phillips & Powell. This pick also means North could make a similar move to what some were suggesting we do with Balta and allow LDU to depart via free agency next year and bring in a R1 compo pick to allow them to target KPPs next year.

4. Sid Draper - Carlton misses out on getting O'Sullivan but pick up Draper who adds a point of difference to their midfield mix. Draper would give Carlton that dynamic player who can breakaway from the contest and drive the ball forward quickly to give McKay and Curnow the chance to compete 1-1 more often.

5. Sam Lalor - Adelaide get the kid that many suggest we're linked with at pick 1 in what could be the steal of the draft if he develops as some hope. Lalor partnering up with Rankine would give the Crows an exciting partnership that would rotate mid/forward as they see fit.

6. Murphy Reid - Melbourne add some outside class to their strong contested midfield unit in Reid who has been compared to Scott Pendlebury by many draft watchers. He would compliment their midfield very nicely.

7. Josh Smillie - an early season favourite for pick 1, Smillie struggled a bit in the 2nd half of the season with talk he was battling a bit of a niggle. He has been described as a Tom Green/Patrick Cripps type of midfielder and we could certainly do with a big brute midfielder moving forward.

8. Leo Lombard - Saints bid on Lombard and make the Suns pay up. Lombard will play from R1 next year and will have an impact for the Suns through the middle.

9. Issac Kako - The Saints now bid on Kako and force the Bombers to cough up for their NGA kid. Kako will become a fan favourite at Essendon as he gives them a real spark inside F50.

10. Alix Tauru - the Saints lost Battle to Free Agency so take a kid that can slot into that spot in time. Tauru has come with a rush in the 2nd half of the season to climb into R1 calculations and the Saints is the perfect landing spot for him.

11. Harvey Langford - while not the type of midfielder the Saints may be looking for, Langford is too good to pass up at this stage of the draft. A big bodied mid who can also push forward and hit the scoreboard and with the Saints midfielders getting older Langford starts the process of bringing in their next wave.

12. Luke Trainor - Melbourne target a KPP at this pick and they opt for Trainor to come in and learn under May and Lever for a couple of years. Trainor was another kid who was hyped up early in the year but then fell away as others started to push up the order, still no denying his talent despite the concussion concerns.

13. Harry Armstrong - Richmond need KPP help and the way this falls Armstong lands here and gives us a future number 1 KPF option to build around. Will get the chance to learn under Lynch for a year of 2 before being handed the keys to the forward line.

14. Bo Allan - the midfield rebuild continues with Allan being added to Smith & Smillie. Allan could start out across HB early on at AFL level, but given we're quite settled there I can see him playing a lot of midfield minutes in the VFL early on before earning his shot.

15. Tobie Travaglia - having missed out on Allan, the Eagles opt for Travaglia who can play a similar role for them, starting out across HB early on before pushing up into the midfield. Travaglia would give the Eagles good ball use coming out of D50 with his run and carry being a strong point.

16. Joe Berry - Port are not really needing much, but a small forward who can hit the scoreboard and push into the midfield is something they could use. Berry averaged 14 disposals 6 score involvements & 2 goals a game in both the CTL & Champs and would be a point of difference in their F50.

17. Taj Hotton - Fremantle have loaded up in their quest for a first flag, so can opt to take a kid in Hotton here that will miss a fair chunk of the 2025 season as he recovers from an ACL. In time he could from a strong partnership with Bolton as mid/forwards with X factor.

18. Jobe Shanahan - GWS invest in their long term future with Shanahan here with Hogan turning 30 before the 2025 season. Shanahan proved in his VFL stint that he could have an impact early on if required, but the Giants don't need him to do that. They can take their time and develop him along side Cadman for the future.

19. Xavier Lindsay - having lost the likes of Perryman, Cumming & Peatling the Giants opt to bring in Lindsay here to start covering some of those departures. Lindsay won the Morrish Medal this year and is known for his ability to use the ball well.

20. Sam Marshall - The Dogs bid on Marshall and the Lions add another R1 talent to their list in a year when they won the flag.

21. Cooper Hynes - The Dogs opt for Hynes here after losing Smith & Macrae from their midfield unit. Hynes is a powerful big bodied mid/forward who can impact through the middle and inside F50

22. Jesse Datolli - having lost Bolton the Tigers need X factor and opt for Datolli who like Bolton can provide a spark I50 at the fall of the ball, but can also push up and be part of the midfield rotation. With this pick we cover another hole that needs to be addressed.

23. Alex Dodson - the Swans are pretty well stocked in most areas so they opt for the best available here and go for Alex Dodson to give them a ruckman for the future. The Swans ruck stocks are Grundy Ladhams and an untried Will Green.

24. Jonty Faull - Richmond opt for another young KPF for the future in Faull. With Armstrong we will have a couple of mobile KPF talents to build our forward line around moving forward. Some may think it's overkill having Armstrong Faull Gray Koschitzke & Fawcett on the books, but facts are not all of them will make it so lets give ourselves the chance to find at least 2 that will make it, hopefully more.

25. Matt Whitlock - after getting Shanahan earlier, the Giants address their KPD stocks and bring in Matt Whitlock who they can develop as a long term KPD option. Matt has shown that he can also play up forward with great effect but they start him out as a KPD.

26. Ollie Hannaford - as mentioned earlier the Swans aren't really wanting for anything, but they could use a kid like Hannaford to give them some more X factor inside F50.

27. Hamish Davis - a bit of a bolter but having taken Allan earlier on, we bring in another WA kid to ease any issues with homesickness. Davis is more than just an insurance policy though. The kid is a talented player in his own right and proven himself across all levels with a standout performance in the WAFL finals where he had 21 disposals & 4 goals in a senior final, then went back to Colts level and had 30 disposals 8 clearances and 12 score involvements as he won BOG in the Colts Grand Final.

Bonus pick

28. Harry Oliver - having lost Baker & Rioli from our half back line, we take Harry Oliver with the first pick of the 2nd round as a small rebounding defender who also has the ability to play 1-1 and win intercept possessions.

I understand that not everyone will like this draft given their preferred options aren't taken at the top, or even through the middle stages, but this is my opinion and like everyone else here it's pretty much meaningless in the Grand scheme of things as the club will do as they see fit.

So feel free to criticize/dissect as you like. I just hope you enjoy the read.
I like it. I’m on Lalor but leave that chestnut aside.
Smillie, Armstrong@13, Allan yep.
But is Faull a poor man’s Armstrong? Maybe too similar. Jack Whitlock (where is he?) or Sims as that taller FWD/Ruck option for me.

here is another thing

when doing these pick trades there are certain values that a pick combination matches a pick different combination roundabout, consensus is reached and deal occurs after the negotiation.

Now if there is also a agreement to not pick a certain player at certain picks, well in the real world that has a value to. North in effect would be asking for a restraint of trade on RFC to not use certain picks for certain players. Now that has a value to unless RFC wants to bend over again without lube. So North really wants their bat and ball and take the oranges from the side ines as well, at the moment. RFC needs far more going our way!!!

Last edited:
North are DESPERATE!!!

MASSIVELY DESPERATE!!!!!

they want this and that!!!!

we do not have to bend over!!!!

I do not bend over for anyone, even if you put me in jail!!!
We don’t need to hear your prison fantasies.

moment prison GIF

Question for everyone. Will Tauru be available at pick 10? If the answer is yes then the trade will be 10/18. We aren't the ones who need to do the trade.
Maybe.

I think this whole North want Tauru thing is weird. If they're all in on him and him alone they'll just take him at 2.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes they will. But they also know no that no one else rates him that high that's why they want to split their pick. I don't think anyone will pick him up before 10.
same with the other player, presumably Trainor, if they are going to drift that late trade with GWS.

Since we have not agree to any restraint, we could pick them up before GWS picks presumably if we wanted to

Maybe.

I think this whole North want Tauru thing is weird. If they're all in on him and him alone they'll just take him at 2.
Not if they know they can get him at 6.

Yes they will. But they also know no that no one else rates him that high that's why they want to split their pick. I don't think anyone will pick him up before 10.
Melbourne and St Kilda big dangers to take him before 10.

What if Dees just take him at 5. Would be pretty ballsy to trade down if he's the only one you want. If they're happy with him, Armstrong or if both gone happy with one of the mids then sure.

Totally off topic and i thought you would be the best to ask

Wheb you multi qoute say 5 posts and answer every quote

Does your post number go up by 1 or 5 ?

Im certain your going for the record this month

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Back