List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Pick 1

• Finn O'Sullivan

• Sam Lalor

• Jagga Smith

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

I think we should nail this draft and start winning immediately next year and we'll have norfs 1st so it'll be like we're bottom 3 anyway

2 years at the bottom might ruin culture

Maybe.

I think this whole North want Tauru thing is weird. If they're all in on him and him alone they'll just take him at 2.

The optics of perceived value 'Oh no North Melbourne reached for Taura at 2, as our mock draft had him at 1,654'.

6 and 11 is overs for 2 and F1. This is why.

Pretend you are North and just want to flip your F1 into next year.

It's pretty hard to assume any club with one pick this year will flip into next year, and hard to believe Melbourne or Saints will trade out because their picks are too valuable.

That leaves us and GWS. No one else has better picks.

Flipping for pick 11 is better than flipping for 16 (doubt GWS would offer 15, but maybe).

Norths options are (keep) pick 2 and 16 from GWS, or take pick 10 (for 2) and 11 from us.

For the North lurkers, which do you prefer? 10 and 11 or 2 and 16?

For the Tigers fans, what do you prefer? 1,6,10,11 or 1,2,6 and F1?

We should offer 10 & 11 not 6 & 11.

We can always deal with Essendon for a F1 flipped from one of our later picks.
I'm just catching up so apologies for the historic post reply.
Why is it that when we, as a collective, are presented with an excellent deal via the media, we still find ways to try and extort the opposing side for even more?
I expect North to improve next year, but not drastically as there are not a lot of teams who are getting objectively worse. There's every chance it's going to be picks 6 and 11 for 2 and <5 (future pick).

I'm sorry but having a top 5 pick in any draft is going to be extremely valuable.

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

The last 6 pages have been a horrible, yet kind of interesting read.
I think people are forgetting that there's no way our pick 6 won't be involved in any trade for pick 2 or their future first.
Yes, North are desperate to have multiple first round picks but it's no secret that they want Tauru. They need pick 6 if they are any chance at him because Saints will 100% take him at one of their two top 10 picks.

This is just an educated guess but I'd imagine that North would rather take Tauru at 2 than lose the chance at taking him at all.

It's obvious to me that Richmond wants pick 2, I understand (well not really) that some in here don't want it, but what you and I want is completely irrelevant.

I think people are forgetting that there's no way our pick 6 won't be involved in any trade for pick 2 or their future first.
Yes, North are desperate to have multiple first round picks but it's no secret that they want Tauru. They need pick 6 if they are any chance at him because Saints will 100% take him at one of their two top 10 picks.

This is just an educated guess but I'd imagine that North would rather take Tauru at 2 than lose the chance at taking him at all.

It's obvious to me that Richmond wants pick 2, I understand (well not really) that some in here don't want it, but what you and I want is completely irrelevant.
Agree with it all except for 6 needing to be involved in a F1 deal. 6 will need to be involved for 2 but if that fell through and it's separate deal for F1, we shouldn't be involving 6. The risk North climb and the premium paid to get the extra year development, it just shouldn't happen.

In the end, it is irrelevant what any of us on big footy want. Its great to speculate what we might do & who we might get & what we think certain deals are worth.
The Richmond FC will do what they think is the best deal for the club. Which will ultimately make some supporters very happy & others on here ready to tear their hair out. Happy to see how the draft plays out, as the weeks are certainly dragging waiting for it to happen & I can see some frustration from this site with the waiting for more info to get out.

That’s an interesting assessment of StKilda. I would have thought they would be after a couple of quick midfielders. By the time the saints develop a decent midfield Max King will be 90.

Pick 2 is not for sale.

Please stop asking.

Thank you.
who is that GIF

Trading 6 + 11 for 2 & F1 is not that bad for North. The trade is all about the players each team ends up in the draft

Tauru and Armstrong/Travaglia (if that is who they end up with 11) would be a good result for North.
Depends on how they rate the player they expect to get at 11 compared to players in the first round next year. The other advantage would be they can get a top end talent a year earlier to develop.

Richmond wouldn't trade 11 for F1, so pick 11 > F1 to Richmond.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have I got a deal for you....
Pick 3 for 6 & 20 + swap F2s
Pick 2 for 10, 11 & 18.
Come back on our board when your pathetic club do anything relevant or successful in the 21st century
Till then take a hike

Let’s say we do that deal 6 & 11 for 2 & F1… would that give us a pick in the rookie draft?

Or do we need to upgrade an additional rookie to then take it to 5 so we can get one?

That’s an interesting assessment of StKilda. I would have thought they would be after a couple of quick midfielders. By the time the saints develop a decent midfield Max King will be 90.
Max King will be a piss weak soft insipid and putrid player no matter how old he is
Mentally and physically soft

No one knows if pick six will be part of the deal except the inner sanctum of both teams and even then it may not have been agreed on yet.

I got no issues with your argument that a low pick next year is very valuable. I hope we can flip two of this year's picks into next year.

I contend that Essendon are a likely sellers of either their or Melbourne's F1. They have a poor draft hand this year. If we are after a F1 we can get it at 18. The only potential buyer would be GWS with 15 or 16.

North are effectively selling theirs for pick 11.

I would argue that if we are flipping into next year then Essendon gives us similar value to North for a lower price. It's a no brainer unless Essendon deal with GWS or shut up shop. Behind closed doors we'd know already who's in the market for our picks.

Having said all that... sliding from 6 to 10 only sees us miss out on 3 players (Tauru gets taken off the board by North). We might be ok with that.

I'm just catching up so apologies for the historic post reply.
Why is it that when we, as a collective, are presented with an excellent deal via the media, we still find ways to try and extort the opposing side for even more?
I expect North to improve next year, but not drastically as there are not a lot of teams who are getting objectively worse. There's every chance it's going to be picks 6 and 11 for 2 and <5 (future pick).

I'm sorry but having a top 5 pick in any draft is going to be extremely valuable.

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.
Semantics perhaps but one could argue that looking a gift horse in the mouth would be to trade up, lose one of the picks we’ve worked so hard to acquire, lose draft capital which could be parlayed into future picks, all in what is considered a very even draft with considerable depth.

Trading 6 + 11 for 2 & F1 is not that bad for North. The trade is all about the players each team ends up in the draft

Tauru and Armstrong/Travaglia (if that is who they end up with 11) would be a good result for North.
Depends on how they rate the player they expect to get at 11 compared to players in the first round next year. The other advantage would be they can get a top end talent a year earlier to develop.

Richmond wouldn't trade 11 for F1, so pick 11 &gt; F1 to Richmond.
It would be derelict of the RFC list mgmt team to not obtain pick 2 and F1 from North while you have picks to do so.

On the other hand it would be derelict of the North list mgmt team to hand over 2 and F1 for only 6 & 11.

Each supporter group feels like they have to shaft the other team.

Will be interesting to see if a middle ground can be found by the list mgmt teams.

Sent from my CPH2197 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
No one knows if pick six will be part of the deal except the inner sanctum of both teams and even then it may not have been agreed on yet.

I got no issues with your argument that a low pick next year is very valuable. I hope we can flip two of this year's picks into next year.

I contend that Essendon are a likely sellers of either their or Melbourne's F1. They have a poor draft hand this year. If we are after a F1 we can get it at 18. The only potential buyer would be GWS with 15 or 16.

North are effectively selling theirs for pick 11.

I would argue that if we are flipping into next year then Essendon gives us similar value to North for a lower price. It's a no brainer unless Essendon deal with GWS or shut up shop. Behind closed doors we'd know already who's in the market for our picks.

Having said all that... sliding from 6 to 10 only sees us miss out on 3 players (Tauru gets taken off the board by North). We might be ok with that.

What in the last 20 odd years since Essendon won a final makes you feel like they’re future pick is worth as much as north?

They are stuck in mid table purgatory.

2024 - 11th
2023 - 11th
2022 - 15th
2021 - 8th
2020 - 13th
2019 - 8th
2018 - 11th
2017 - 7th
2016 - 18th (sanctions year)
2015 - 15th
2014 - 7th
2013 - “9th” sigh
2012 - 11th
2011 - 8th

And can’t be bothered but it’s 8ths and 12ths until like 03 (excluding 06 when 2nd last)

Norf on the other hand its

2024 - 17th
2023 - 17th
2022 - 18th
2021 - 18th
2020 - 17th
2019 - 12th
2018 - 9th
2017 - 15th

And before that it’s lots of 7-10s.

I’m all for getting Bombers pick too but much prefer norfs as the odds are that it’s the lower of the two picks are higher, but get both of them as the 3 top 10 picks is valuable next year.

From a list building perspective I reckon walking out of the draft with Tauru and Armstrong is just about a perfect outcome for Norf.

It’s like nfl, if there is a run on quarter backs and you’ve got yours, then you get your pick of the best receivers.

Their midfield and ruck are built, they need talls, when everyone else in the top 10 is focused on mids (only us, saints and dees might target Tauru but not before a mid) they zag and get the pick of talls.

Yep I'm happy to trade 6&11 for 2 and F1- it suits both parties and is weighted in our favour.

But then I'd want us to take Armstrong at 10 and royally screw them 😂

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Back