List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Pick 1

• Finn O'Sullivan

• Sam Lalor

• Jagga Smith

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

imagine the kids that are projected to go pick 2 when they realise they are no chance of going to lolnorf anymore and are a good chance of going to Richmond

nobody wants to play for norf
Imagine poor Smillie tanked too get past 2 only for norf too take him @ 6.lol

If FOS is as good as some people like to think then why is the club that he trained at so keen to get rid of pick 2?

Go look at norfs list. There isn’t just a hole in their young KPP stocks it’s a chasm. 2 KPP under 26 next year and one will be 24, yes we have a hole too but they’re in year 5 of skulking around the bottom, they’re also probably the poorest club in the league. Poor and shit is not a good combo in sports teams. They need to start moving up the ladder before they lose Good Friday and get worse time slots, getting stuck in a doom loop.

Norf can’t attract talent the way other clubs can, they get Aiden Corr’s of the world, cos again poor and shit is an awful combo.

Their only real viable way to fix that hole is through the draft.

They could draft FOS and ignore the problem for another 12 months. If there’s one thing I’ve learnt in my life, it’s that delaying fixing a problem always makes it an easier and cheaper fix in the long run /s ;)

They can partially fix it this year with Tauru/armstrong at 2 but because of their shortsightedness of their coach they gutted their draft hand they’re stuck.

Or they can bite the bullet and try and fix all their mistakes in one expensive swoop and bring in their two highest rated two talls together, which I think is a good way to do it (Roughy and Franklin, Curnow and McKay).

Yes they have to sacrifice a shot at FOS for it but that’s part of the price for the hole, we also pay the price of knowing we’re not getting Tauru and Armstrong(probably). But we’re also in year 1 of this and have picks this year to start addressing these problems, we’re also not Poor even if we are shit, that means Cadman(or whoever) is a viable option for us to short cut the process of finding all our talls in the draft.

It was a gag I'm just on normal every day 6 week holiday
You never know. And trash talking the crap that passes for training etc these days is always worth doing.

Have a great holiday. Hope you are doing something that purges the crap from your soul and is worthwhile.

Saints, Swąns, GWS, they all get one shot at it. If they all have a go there are still at least 14 other clubs for us to deal with and we can accommodate only a few of them - the few that make the best offers. That is why we are the house. :cool:
The thing is we're not the house in the situation I'm talking about. With people not willing to trade our 10 and/or 11, that leaves 18, 20, 23 & 24 to deal with. The GWS with pick 16 trump all our picks and their 21 and the Swans with 22 trump our 23 & 24, so we're not holding the leverage and power you think we do in terms of trading those late round picks.

That is why I have floated the idea of trading those picks that people are reluctant to part with if we want to stagger the intake of talent across 2 years as those picks will get us the best deals like Norths 2 & F1 and one of the Bombers F1 picks and some change either in this draft or next year.

The issue is whether it's worth making those trades, the North deal is an easy call if we believe that the top 2 are clearly ahead of everyone else. The trading out of 10 or 11 for a F1 and later picks this year and/or next is the harder question to answer and one that only our recruiters and Hartley can truly answer.

Go look at norfs list. There isn’t just a hole in their young KPP stocks it’s a chasm. 2 KPP under 26 next year and one will be 24, yes we have a hole too but they’re in year 5 of skulking around the bottom, they’re also probably the poorest club in the league. Poor and shit is not a good combo in sports teams. They need to start moving up the ladder before they lose Good Friday and get worse time slots, getting stuck in a doom loop.

Norf can’t attract talent the way other clubs can, they get Aiden Corr’s of the world, cos again poor and shit is an awful combo.

Their only real viable way to fix that hole is through the draft.

They could draft FOS and ignore the problem for another 12 months. If there’s one thing I’ve learnt in my life, it’s that delaying fixing a problem always makes it an easier and cheaper fix in the long run /s ;)

They can partially fix it this year with Tauru/armstrong at 2 but because of their shortsightedness of their coach they gutted their draft hand they’re stuck.

Or they can bite the bullet and try and fix all their mistakes in one expensive swoop and bring in their two highest rated two talls together, which I think is a good way to do it (Roughy and Franklin, Curnow and McKay).

Yes they have to sacrifice a shot at FOS for it but that’s part of the price for the hole, we also pay the price of knowing we’re not getting Tauru and Armstrong(probably). But we’re also in year 1 of this and have picks this year to start addressing these problems, we’re also not Poor even if we are shit, that means Cadman(or whoever) is a viable option for us to short cut the process of finding all our talls in the draft.

And one of those players is Toby ****ing Pink

yes but pick 15 ends up 18/19 but academy and bids come through. All the sudden there future first which is probably a range of 2-8 next year doesn’t seem like a good decision..

Where as they trade future first with our 10/11 its 11/12/13 depending where Kako/marshall are bid. In the deepest draft in 10 years.
I mean, you could easily make that same argument that pick 11 pushes back as many picks as 15 would.

Regardless, I don’t subscribe to the whole argument of X pick “diminishing in value” due to academy / FS picks coming before it in the first round. An academy / FS pick almost always falls to their club in the first round, so why are those players considered in an argument that a picks value is diminished when all other clubs don’t have a realistic chance of taking them?

In this instance, North can either pick the best 11 players AVAILABLE TO THEM (which does not include academy / FS picks because they always get matched) or the best 15 players available to them…

It doesn’t matter if those academy/FS picks come before or after your pick if they eventually get matched because you are never getting those players regardless. They should not be considered in your pool of prospective draftees…

I see prodigy has moved on from sonsie to foss now on his avatar , after he destroyed sosnie's career he has discarded him like a piece of meat

run for your life boy !!!
Sonsie still my boy.
I'm just doing all I can to manifest good FOS vibes.

I mean, you could easily make that same argument that pick 11 pushes back as many picks as 15 would.

Regardless, I don’t subscribe to the whole argument of X pick “diminishing in value” due to academy / FS picks coming before it in the first round. An academy / FS pick almost always falls to their club in the first round, so why are those players considered in an argument that a picks value is diminished when all other clubs don’t have a realistic chance of taking them?

In this instance, North can either pick the best 11 players AVAILABLE TO THEM (which does not include academy / FS picks because they always get matched) or the best 15 players available to them…

It doesn’t matter if those academy/FS picks come before or after your pick if they eventually get matched because you are never getting those players regardless. They should not be considered in your pool of prospective draftees…

Richmond would be trading pick 6 away to get pick 2 to pick up Lalor as they are taking FOS number one. I mean someone on the Carlton board has mentioned the O’Sullivans are 90% sure he gets picked by Richmond. We haven’t traded a pick yet. So he’s our number 1 target.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No one listens to Barrett cause he is just another Richmond hater and AFL sycophant. heck him.

I’m still waiting for Parrot’s article reflecting on Dustin Martin’s career, given he’s an all-timer and certain AFL legend, you’d think an article on Martin at his 300th or retirement would’ve been a must from one of the games longest serving and senior AFL journo’s….

Anyone seen his article praising Dusty? Maybe I missed it.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Nah I'd rather just pick the players we have at 1 and 2 in the order as they're likely the best ones for us.

But hey, that's just me.
What if the player we have at 2 isn't head and shoulders ahead of the player at 6?

Do you still want to trade out an extra R1 pick to move up to 2?

He'll start at half forward and attend few CBs next year in comparison to Lalor or Smith. I expect him to garner <10 possessions a game when he's playing up front but he should be able to hit the scoreboard and make an impact.

Lalor would be in the exact same boat…
They averaged 4 disposals difference lol everyone acting as if Lalor averaged 30

Throw in our future 4th (55) ;)

If we got an F1 from Essendon for 24, I'm sure we could snag 46/53 from them as well.

1. Lalor
2. FOS
10. Lindsay
11. Travaglia
20. J.Whitlock
23. Hannaford
46/53. Davidson / Sims / Burmeister

2025: 1, F1 (North), F1 (Dees/Dons), 19, 73
We are not going to have 10 or 11 if North give us 2 & F1, we will give 6 & 10 or 11 in return.

6 & 18 will give us 2 only.

The thing is we're not the house in the situation I'm talking about. With people not willing to trade our 10 and/or 11, that leaves 18, 20, 23 & 24 to deal with. The GWS with pick 16 trump all our picks and their 21 and the Swans with 22 trump our 23 & 24, so we're not holding the leverage and power you think we do in terms of trading those late round picks.

That is why I have floated the idea of trading those picks that people are reluctant to part with if we want to stagger the intake of talent across 2 years as those picks will get us the best deals like Norths 2 & F1 and one of the Bombers F1 picks and some change either in this draft or next year.

The issue is whether it's worth making those trades, the North deal is an easy call if we believe that the top 2 are clearly ahead of everyone else. The trading out of 10 or 11 for a F1 and later picks this year and/or next is the harder question to answer and one that only our recruiters and Hartley can truly answer.

Swans & GWS see themselves competing for flags right here right now. They want gun low salary players in ASAP through the draft. We just want the best mixture of players we can get & we can afford to be patient. That is why we are the house. We da house. They aint no house. We da house. :cool:

I would as we are then choosing the players we rate as the best 2 in the draft.
I wouldn't unless the guys we have a 1 & 2 are well and clearly rated ahead of 3-6.

By clearly I mean viewing the guys at 1 & 2 as generational types and the players at 3-6 as solid players who may get to 150-200 games

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Back