List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Pick 1

• Finn O'Sullivan

• Sam Lalor

• Jagga Smith

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

By the time north goes good we will be slowly rising so who cares. After that we can hope we achieve the same success as 2017-2020..
Just get FOS at 1 & Lalor at 2 and be done with it. There is a reason FOS is constantly being interviewed he was the number 1 earlier in the year and his the best in the draft now. Cal Twomey even said he’d take Finn number 1.

So trading down you get two extremely damaging players both at centre bounce and inside 50.
You lost me at the part involving FOS being damaging at centre bounces, the inside 50 part I agree with though.
We simply dont need to trade #6 for #2 to get the same outcome.

We're not the only ones who could be selling though. GWS have 3 picks between our current 4th and 7th picks and Sydney have 2 picks as well. So we can't be asking for the deals that some are suggesting we do with a mindset that we're the only team to deal with when it comes to later R1 picks.

Where we have the advantage though is with those picks at 10 & 11. They're the ones that hold the type of value that could allow us to cash in and spread our intake across 2 years. That is where I'd be looking to exploit teams desperately looking to get into this draft.

pick 10 ar 11 GWS could offer 15 or 16 and a future first? anyhting is possible if teh player they want is there

They'll get a better deal by picking 2 and talking to GWS about F1.

North with a haul of 2 and 15 or 16 will always be better than 6 and 18. Even if they are going to pick Tauru at 2.

We can offer 10 and 11 (getting us 1,2 ,6) or 6 and 11 (getting us 1,2,10).

Couple of caveats though.

GWS might not be interested in selling.

Trades have to be done sequentially.

They can't commit to a trade with GWS until pick 15 or 16 comes around. And at that point there could be multiple bids from other clubs. Equally the guy they want might be already off the table and the deals off.

Its double jeopardy for North but I can't see them taking 6 and 18.

If you're adamant that you want 1, 6, 10, 11, then we're better off **** blocking north and angling to put picks 18+ on the open market.

Why would GWS give up 15 and 16 for a future first if they think they could try and get 10 or 11 live int eh draft depending on who is there?

If the club does the mooted trade, they will clearly believe it is required to get the players we value the most, and the price is deemed worth it. I have no issue with that at all, as they are the ones looking at the players for the last 3-4 years and will have far superior judgment to anyone on here imo.
They don’t have to be “generational” players at all, just the two that they believe will give us our best chance to win our next premiership.
On that we agree, if the club makes the deal, then it's done for a very good reason.
We are trying to build a premiership list. If the mooted North trade is true, we won't be losing out on a player, we will simply be picking them up in the following year in the top 5 rather than 10-15.
See above
What if pick 3 is better than 1 & 2?
Always a chance that happens, just like in 2001 & 2009

What about 2005 where pick 5 is better than picks 1-4?

2006 where 7 was better than picks 1-6?

2007 where 2 was better than 1 and 3-10

It could be argued that picks 1 & 2 won't be the best players come the end of their careers

Go look at norfs list. There isn’t just a hole in their young KPP stocks it’s a chasm. 2 KPP under 26 next year and one will be 24, yes we have a hole too but they’re in year 5 of skulking around the bottom, they’re also probably the poorest club in the league. Poor and shit is not a good combo in sports teams. They need to start moving up the ladder before they lose Good Friday and get worse time slots, getting stuck in a doom loop.

Norf can’t attract talent the way other clubs can, they get Aiden Corr’s of the world, cos again poor and shit is an awful combo.

Their only real viable way to fix that hole is through the draft.

They could draft FOS and ignore the problem for another 12 months. If there’s one thing I’ve learnt in my life, it’s that delaying fixing a problem always makes it an easier and cheaper fix in the long run /s ;)

They can partially fix it this year with Tauru/armstrong at 2 but because of their shortsightedness of their coach they gutted their draft hand they’re stuck.

Or they can bite the bullet and try and fix all their mistakes in one expensive swoop and bring in their two highest rated two talls together, which I think is a good way to do it (Roughy and Franklin, Curnow and McKay).

Yes they have to sacrifice a shot at FOS for it but that’s part of the price for the hole, we also pay the price of knowing we’re not getting Tauru and Armstrong(probably). But we’re also in year 1 of this and have picks this year to start addressing these problems, we’re also not Poor even if we are shit, that means Cadman(or whoever) is a viable option for us to short cut the process of finding all our talls in the draft.
Sure, but they did just want to spend a great deal of draft capital & $ on a half-back flanker.

And whoever they take above 193cm next month isn’t moving the needle for a fair while.

Maybe they’re a bit GWS & realise they can only attract castaways. Their Tauru love must be huge & might be justified but their F1 buys a pretty appealing KPF this year, maybe even an O’Farrell as well. whynotboth.gif

If it’s Tauru or “settle” for a gun playmaking great culture stud, with LDU a big ?, that seems dumb to me

So you're just basing what you're saying off of your own assumptions and then parroting them as something you have heard on the grape vine?

Damn. Farming those BigFooty internet points must be important.

No, I am not going to share where I heard it from. Wasn’t just a wives tale. put it that way and not from just one player.

No, I am not going to share where I heard it from. Wasn’t just a wives tale. put it that way and not from just one player.
AKA trust me bro

They'll get a better deal by picking 2 and talking to GWS about F1.

North with a haul of 2 and 15 or 16 will always be better than 6 and 18. Even if they are going to pick Tauru at 2.
Out of Interest How does NorF end up with #2 , #15 , #16 ?

There is no way on earth that GWS trade out #15 + #16 for NorF's F1
2 reasons and 1st is GWS actually are trying to move up the pick's they have into a top 10 pick
2nd Even if they do the F1 is only worth 1 of the 2 picks

* I would actually see what we could do with GWS as a trade for #10 for #15 + #16

Because Clarko is a desperate man. And he’d be salivating at the opportunity to bring in some quality KPP’s … Tauru / Armstrong / Trainor / Shanahan ….. he doesn’t want to get one next draft as he’s on borrowed time if Roos are crap in 2025.

And if they retain pick #2, they’ll be a laughing stock if they get Tauru and nobody else until 62 and he’s a bust, and FOS or Smith go at #3 and they are superstars. So they’d feel obliged to go elite mid at #2 … which they don’t need.

In other words … they desperately want to be rid of #2 and if they do something that gets them 2 of the above 4 players they don’t care how they get it done … and to be honest, it’s likely not a diabolical strategy even if they give away an F1 to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

the convo went like this

Brady, "Clarko if you want Caleb it will cost us Pick 25, they are not budging "

Clarko, " IDGAF do it "

Brady , " but that means we go into the best draft in recent memory with only Pick 2, and the best players are mids"

Clarko " IDGAF do it, Trade pick 2 for more picks to get 2 talls

Brady, " but the draft is even, we will get screwed"

Clarko " IDGAF do it, trade F1 as well, to get a better deal

Brady, " but that means we are going to screw up 2 years of draft picks

Clarko " IDGAF, How many top 10 picks do you need? you screw them up anyway you have had like 10, make it work
My winning % has been screwed due to your pathetic list management

That's why, whatever happens Pick 2, and F1, are both getting traded

Yes because based on our recruiting teams many years of following these kids, there's a reason why they'd have some number 2 rather than number 6.

Why would you compromise?
So even if they're not head and shoulders above the player at 6, you'd risk a trading for a F1 and possibly getting an inferior player to the one we'd get at 10 or 11 this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So even if they're not head and shoulders above the player at 6, you'd risk a trading for a F1 and possibly getting an inferior player to the one we'd get at 10 or 11 this year.

Still could use that Future 1st to get Archie Luwodyke and Dyson Sharp.. I dunno seems good to me..

Still could use that Future 1st to get Archie Luwodyke and Dyson Sharp.. I dunno seems good to me..
Just because North have been shit for 5 years doesn't mean they remain shit. Every chance they climb out of the bottom 6 if they get on a run and don't cough up games like they did this year.

AKA trust me bro

I don’t care mate.. don’t take it as a personal attack lol. I just heard a few things that’s all.

Just because North have been shit for 5 years doesn't mean they remain shit. Every chance they climb out of the bottom 6 if they get on a run and don't cough up games like they did this year.

Yeah well I am a firm believer that they might be above the bottom 4 this year.

Yes.
Our supporters are so mentally scarred it's crazy.
The future 1st we get from North is a top 5 pick in all likelihood.
I will always take our chances with a top 5 pick rather than a pick between 10 and 15. You don't need to worry about draft depth in the top 5.

Sure, we will get a good player at 10 or 11 this year, maybe even a great one.
However, the cream often rises to the top and that's where I'd rather we invest in.

I'll back in our recruiting team until they convince me not to.

Yes.
Our supporters are so mentally scarred it's crazy.
The future 1st we get from North is a top 5 pick in all likelihood.
I will always take our chances with a top 5 pick rather than a pick between 10 and 15. You don't need to worry about draft depth in the top 5.

Sure, we will get a good player at 10 or 11 this year, maybe even a great one.
However, the cream often rises to the top and that's where I'd rather we invest in.

I'll back in our recruiting team until they convince me not to.

You are speaking theoretically, when these decisions are to be made by people with an intimate knowledge of the players available this year and next year

Pick 10 this year is a better player than Pick 5 most years, this is the consensus

You don't have to agree with it, but it is what it is

So many clubs have improved this off season. You're not going to find many that have gone backwards. North has natural improvement in them, but I don't see them climbing out of the bottom 4 when they almost finished last again this season.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Back